Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rapid Red Base Model OT Black Stripes-Pending
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogers Ford in Whitehouse Ohio has a 2021 coming in within the next couple of weeks.
Tech. Package, Handling Package and Ricaro seats.

Ask for Dennis 419-878-8151

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Rogers Ford in Whitehouse Ohio has a 2021 coming in within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for sharing Scott! 🍻

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
19 Posts

So I'm a brand new member here just joined and wanted to say thank you for posting this. I spoke to Dennis this morning and have a deposit in place for the car. Hopefully will take delivery when it hits the ground in the next week or so. I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations, Glad I could help. Enjoy your car.
Are you from the area?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
So I'm a brand new member here just joined and wanted to say thank you for posting this. I spoke to Dennis this morning and have a deposit in place for the car. Hopefully will take delivery when it hits the ground in the next week or so. I'm really looking forward to it.
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your inbound 2021!

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

@Scottf, thanks for sharing and hooking Savoy UP!🍻

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Savoy2001, Just saw your car at the dealer.
That’s pretty cool Scott! You can alert someone by quoting them or putting an @ in front of their screen name like @Savoy2001

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
19 Posts
Savoy2001, Just saw your car at the dealer.
Yes it just came in this morning. I'm so happy about that. Dennis and I are working out the details. I should hopefully have plycar picking it up by maybe fri/sat. I want them to install the handling pack items. The gourney flap, front wickers and the catch can. I also told dennis please no front plate bracket. :) How did it look in person? Probaly dirty for just coming off the transport.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
Yes it just came in this morning. I'm so happy about that. Dennis and I are working out the details. I should hopefully have plycar picking it up by maybe fri/sat. I want them to install the handling pack items. The gourney flap, front wickers and the catch can. I also told dennis please no front plate bracket. :) How did it look in person? Probaly dirty for just coming off the transport.
Congrats! Time to put your car year under your screen name. ;)

Reactions: Savoy2001

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was definitely dirty, but still looks very cool.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
19 Posts
So I finally got a chance to drive the car today. Plycar delivered it Saturday night. Car is pretty dam awesome. I mean it’s really impressive. The whole package is really nicely engineered and I think they knocked it out of the park with what they were trying to do here with this platform. Granted I haven’t opened it up yet since I only have about 80 miles on it so far. Been keeping the rpms under 3500 or so. Not getting on it hard yet. I think after 100 miles I can lay into it a bit right? Anyway I can tell the way it handles and from the throttle it has a ton of potential. Everything I’ve read and watched from reviews on the car are dead on just great. Also yes the car doesn’t feel like it’s 4100+ lbs. They chassis balance is so well done. Again just really nice.
So a little history my most recent car I just sold in December was a 15 z06 with the Callaway sc757 package and that car was a complete beast. Zr1 levels of power and tq. Great car loved it. I got more than I paid for it three years earlier. The plan was to wait on the c8 z06 but spring came and I wanted a new toy. That lead me to the gt500. Turns it was a great choice. My plan was to hold this until I could take delivery of a c8 z06 which is probably a year and a half out or more. I’m on a list with a Chevy dealer in Maryland. Anyway we’ll see what happens with that for now this car is awesome. Oh I also have a 16 ctsv which I pretty much daily. So no stranger to performance cars.
Overall I can’t wait to get more seat time in the gt500.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
19 Posts
Just wanted to add another thing. The transaction with Steve Rogers Ford was fantastic. Very nice bunch of guys and went down without a hitch. So thank you to Dennis over there their dealership. Very cool people.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Savoy2001 glad to hear your received the car. I am jealous, I still have to wait until the end of June before mine arrives. I have used Steve Roger Ford for my truck service in the past, they are a great small town dealer. Enjoy your new GT500.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts