Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,219 Posts
Are you guys hearing the same? What I am being told......

YES the order banks are open but the allocation to get them is not going to be for another couple months. Without the allocation from Ford we cannot get one built. I can spec one out but I will not get scheduled until we have allocation. Do you want me to spec one out for you?

Not quite sure what this means?
A dealer doesn't need an allocation to order a 2021 GT500, he does need one to have the order built. Order the car.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Are you guys hearing the same? What I am being told......

YES the order banks are open but the allocation to get them is not going to be for another couple months. Without the allocation from Ford we cannot get one built. I can spec one out but I will not get scheduled until we have allocation. Do you want me to spec one out for you?

Not quite sure what this means?
Welcome to the ordering “games!” Ford does not release all of the allocations at once. Not all dealers get allocations right off the bat. Smaller dealers may not get their allocation until later and dealers that qualify for multiple allocations may get their follow on slots later on. If you want an earlier slot, get on the phone and start making calls.
We basically ordered the same everything. I ordered Rapid Red, Tech, Handling, carbon dash.
I am gonna do after market stripes. I kicked around the idea of carbon handling package
This is identical to my base car that I ordered first with the exception being I got the side stripes. This is a sexy-ass car. You are going to LOVE it! 🤟

Reactions: Towerman30

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dealer I am working with received 4 allocations for 2020. They seem to think they will receive the same this year. I am first on the list so I am happy as long as they get one!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the ordering “games!” Ford does not release all of the allocations at once. Not all dealers get allocations right off the bat. Smaller dealers may not get their allocation until later and dealers that qualify for multiple allocations may get their follow on slots later on. If you want an earlier slot, get on the phone and start making calls.

This is identical to my base car that I ordered first with the exception being I got the side stripes. This is a sexy-ass car. You are going to LOVE it! 🤟

View attachment 209726
Beautiful!! For some reason I cannot get into the side stripes.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Beautiful!! For some reason I cannot get into the side stripes.
I like it either way. My CFTP does not have the side stripes (not available with painted stripes).

·
Registered
Ordered!! 2021 shelby gt500
141 Posts
No, taking a leap of faith.
I was wanting to order my shelby in antimatter blue, until i saw it in person. I saw it on a brand new freshly washed super duty a couple weeks ago at my dealer. It is an awesome color, but is extremely dark. Its pretty much black in every condition but bright sun. I liked it, but it surely wasnt what i wanted for my shelby.

·
Registered
On order 2021 GT500 Base, RR
139 Posts
I was wanting to order my shelby in antimatter blue, until i saw it in person. I saw it on a brand new freshly washed super duty a couple weeks ago at my dealer. It is an awesome color, but is extremely dark. Its pretty much black in every condition but bright sun. I liked it, but it surely wasnt what i wanted for my shelby.
No, taking a leap of faith.
they

They had an Antimatter blue F150 at the dealer today, it’s way darker than Kona. It’s hard to tell it’s even blue. It’s incredible how dark it is, it might shine in the sun but I’m in MN so I have to wait a bit to see that.

·
Registered
On order 2021 GT500 Base, RR
139 Posts
Currently have a 2018 King Ranch ordered a 21 Platinum. At first loved the King Ranch interior but a bit tired of it. Ordered the new one in Antimatter Blue.
I am going to get a Platinum myself at some point. They only had XLT’s which are also amazing compared to years past, unfortunately they still haven’t added 4WD auto to that trim level.

They also brought the blue interior back on the limited trim. Ford makes odd decisions sometimes

·
Registered
23 Posts
I may have to reconsider than. May be able to change as it was only ordered yesterday. I am not a fan of real dark colors, to hard to keep clean. I will have to check out a few dealerships this weekend to see if i can spot the color on something.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just ordered my 2021 today
Last Mustang was a 1993
It should be a ton of fun
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the order! 🤟 I have both a 93 and the latest... you are going to be simply shocked at how far these things have come! :eek:

If you are up for introducing yourself and telling us about your options ordered, you’ll find our new member area here:

21 - 40 of 111 Posts