Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1481 - 1500 of 1530 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,958 Posts
I stopped by the dealer today since I was in the area. Salesman and sales manager were off today, the other manager remembered me but was unable to find anything in the system regarding my car. Was going to let sales manager know I was there (supposedly he has more access to the ordering system). Also asked about deleting the vinyl stripes I had originally ordered(I think I would prefer to have them done along with PPF and in a different color) was told not likely, which I think is BS if car is not being built until December and no vin has been issued that I know of
If a VIN hasn't been issued, you can change anything you want on your order. Even if a VIN has been issued I have seen guys change options clear up to Sent to Plant. I changed colors and options on my 2020 before the VIN was issued. Talk to someone at the dealership who knows what they are doing and don't take the word of a salesman.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2020 GT350R White. 2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
65 Posts
2021 GT500 picked up From Doggett Ford in Houston. Talk to Chris down there - solid dude.

Tire Wheel Car Sky Cloud

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,483 ·
Reactions: Ddivinia

·
Registered
2021 GT500, Carbonized Grey, everything not CF
11 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today, said I can change anything I want. Talked about the plant shutdown and that they have to resubmit their Shelby orders for some reason. Also said they have no idea now on build dates or delivery because of the shutdown.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT 500 CFTP Iconic Silver
265 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today, said I can change anything I want. Talked about the plant shutdown and that they have to resubmit their Shelby orders for some reason. Also said they have no idea now on build dates or delivery because of the shutdown.
Good luck 🤞. Hope you get one before production stops for ‘21

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Antimatter Blue Tech/Handling
12 Posts
@Snoopy49
Just got the window sticker. Tracker status shows in progress.
  • Vin 4248
  • Antimatter blue with black vinyl
  • Tech pack
  • Handling pack

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,487 ·
@Snoopy49
  • Vin 4248
  • Tech pack
  • Handling pack
Welcome to the forum! Congrats in advance on your inbound new toy! If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: Ddivinia

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
@Snoopy49
  • Vin 4248
  • Tech pack
  • Handling pack
It sounds like the VIN has been sent to the plant for production. If the plant reopens next week, it should start to be built late next week. Call your dealer and ask him to give you the scheduled build date.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sounds like the VIN has been sent to the plant for production. If the plant reopens next week, it should start to be built late next week. Call your dealer and ask him to give you the scheduled build date.
Dealer had said build date was Oct. 4th. They seem to believe it is in transit and 1-2 weeks out. I was surprised since I heard about the shutdowns and wasnt sure how I'd confirm it was true.

I was thinking I would be waiting till december or jan but now my hopes are up and am now trying to find out where it might be haha.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
The car hasn't been built yet, but it could be sitting on the assembly line waiting for the plant to reopen next Monday.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
110 Posts
Is there a way to set my new car up on Ford Pass without deleting my F-150 from my account? I'm not seeing that I can add a vehicle.
Yes, on your main screen click the name of your vehicle at the very top (there is a small down arrow). You'll then see a pop-up from the bottom of the screen with: + Add Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
The car hasn't been built yet, but it could be sitting on the assembly line waiting for the plant to reopen next Monday.
Talked to dealer and they said their side shows built and awaiting shipping. Sounds like the plant shutdowns are causing all kinds of problems :(

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
Strange, the order tracking website says it hasn't been built yet, it just shows in production.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Strange, the order tracking website says it hasn't been built yet, it just shows in production.
Right that's what I saw too. I've seen it could be delayed a couple days of dealer info, but I've never dealt with Ford before so not sure. On their dealer (not public) site they say it says built and awaiting shipping. So they expect 1-2 weeks arrival sans issues. When I pulled the window sticker from their site I got 10/2 as the generation date, so I suspect the sticker was generated 10/2 or prior, that's just when they pulled it to their site. I wish there was an easier way to get accurate info :)

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
The websites are up to date. Have your dealer send you a Full History Vehicle Visibility Report, that will confirm the cars status or you can contact Ford Performance.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (M0000001).

Here is the contact info.
Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
The websites are up to date. Have your dealer send you a Full History Vehicle Visibility Report, that will confirm the cars status or you can contact Ford Performance.

Here is the contact info for FP. They will be able to help you find out your cars current status.

Make sure you title the e-mail as GT500 Status Check and include the last 8 of your VIN in the body of the message. Example: (M0000001).

Here is the contact info.
Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected]
Email from Ford...

Car is in the body shop.

Damn you shutdowns!!!!! :cry:

Sounds like it's still a decent wait for me. Hopefully the wait is worth it :cool:

·
Premium Member
Pending 2022 GT500
34 Posts
Still no news on my 8/24 order. Earl has been great helping me cope, haha. The shutdown came just after mine moved to “Unscheduled Clean” so we will see! Keeping the faith for now.

-James

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still no news on my 8/24 order. Earl has been great helping me cope, haha. The shutdown came just after mine moved to “Unscheduled Clean” so we will see! Keeping the faith for now.

-James
My order went in on 8/4 so hopefully soon for the both of us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just quick update.
The tracker site keeps going down for me but is back up again and now has a date under
"In production"
Where it didnt before. Now has 10/21/2021.
Hopefully that means everyone's 500s are moving on through the line :)

1481 - 1500 of 1530 Posts