Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1530 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500
17 Posts
Have any of you that have traveled to and driven your car back from the dealer over a long distance used any of the “track tape” or similar to protect the front end?

There are a few on Amazon that have great reviews as well I’ve watched a few YouTube videos also with decent reviews, but curious what you guys have done if anything to get the car home safe prior to PPF.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,442 ·
Have any of you that have traveled to and driven your car back from the dealer over a long distance used any of the “track tape” or similar to protect the front end?

There are a few on Amazon that have great reviews as well I’ve watched a few YouTube videos also with decent reviews, but curious what you guys have done if anything to get the car home safe prior to PPF.
I have only used Road Warrior Plus temp clear bra. You apply it with a paint roller. These track tape films are newer and look like a great option to get a car back home without chips.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
17 Posts
I have only used Road Warrior Plus temp clear bra. You apply it with a paint roller. These track tape films are newer and look like a great option to get a car back home without chips.
I’ve watched some YouTube video reviews of that stuff and it seems to work well. My only problem with it for when I pick my car up is it seems to take some time to apply and dry as well, I believe it requires two coats. I ended up ordering Xpel’s TracWrap - two rolls (4”x20’ and 6”x40’) and will let you know how it works out.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,444 ·
I’ve watched some YouTube video reviews of that stuff and it seems to work well. My only problem with it for when I pick my car up is it seems to take some time to apply and dry as well, I believe it requires two coats. I ended up ordering Xpel’s TracWrap - two rolls (4”x20’ and 6”x40’) and will let you know how it works out.
All true on the time involved with RR+. I always applied 3 coats and it took considerable time to apply and cure.

Reactions: cfendya

·
Registered
2021 GT500
17 Posts
Snake has landed! Bittersweet moments now as the final days are upon us with the GT350. My son and I are making the 6.5hr drive out tomorrow afternoon and will be picking up the 500 Friday morning. Looking forward to a fun drive back to Colorado!

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Grille
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,446 ·
Snake has landed! Bittersweet moments now as the final days are upon us with the GT350. My son and I are making the 6.5hr drive out tomorrow afternoon and will be picking up the 500 Friday morning. Looking forward to a fun drive back to Colorado!

View attachment 223234 View attachment 223235
Congratulations Chris! Once you get past 100 miles, put it in Track or Drag modes and stand on the skinny pedal. You’ll forget all about the GT350! 🤟 😉

·
Registered
2021 GT500
18 Posts

View attachment 223234 View attachment 223235
That is great news Chris! Can't understand how yours beat mine there...Mine's been sitting on a railcar at the end of the line in KC since Sunday the 26th! Hope you guys have a fun, but safe trip there and back.
It looks awesome!!!

Roger

·
Registered
2021 GT500
17 Posts
That is great news Chris! Can't understand how yours beat mine there...Mine's been sitting on a railcar at the end of the line in KC since Sunday the 26th! Hope you guys have a fun, but safe trip there and back.
It looks awesome!!!

Roger
Wow Roger, that is really surprising! Mine shipped out last Tuesday and arrived in KC this past Friday according to the dealer. That is also when Ford’s website showed an ETA of arriving at the dealer the 1st-7th.

Thanks for the well wishes and hoping you can make a similar trip soon! Keep me in the loop as we’ll definitely have to plan a meet up sometime. 😉

·
Registered
2021 GT500
18 Posts
Wow Roger, that is really surprising! Mine shipped out last Tuesday and arrived in KC this past Friday according to the dealer. That is also when Ford’s website showed an ETA of arriving at the dealer the 1st-7th.

Thanks for the well wishes and hoping you can make a similar trip soon! Keep me in the loop as we’ll definitely have to plan a meet up sometime. 😉
Yeah, mine shipped on Sept. 23... Trying not to think about it. It will show up soon.
We do need to meet up for sure. Have to compare Velocity to performance blue...
Roger

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,450 ·
Yeah, mine shipped on Sept. 23... Trying not to think about it. It will show up soon.
We do need to meet up for sure. Have to compare Velocity to performance blue...
Roger
Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum.

Reactions: Teamstuart302

·
Registered
2021 GT500
18 Posts

Finally showed up!!! I can't wait....
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Cloud

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,452 ·

·
Registered
2020 GT350R White. 2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
65 Posts
Dealer texted me that my GT500 is at the railyard in Houston. I am hoping I can snag it on Monday.

D.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,454 ·
Dealer texted me that my GT500 is at the railyard in Houston. I am hoping I can snag it on Monday.

D.
Fantastic! Congrats in advance Darin!

Reactions: Ddivinia

·
Registered
65 Posts
The railyard in Houston is massive. Hope it’s makes it out of there Friday so I can fly by and pick it up.

D.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, my wife said no to my GT500. So if anyone is interested there is a twister Orange CFTP with teck package just days away from Keller Bros Ford Lititz Pa. Phone 717-568-8046. List $96 and change. They were selling to me at MSRP ask for Katrina she has been great to work with.
Ron

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, my wife said no to my GT500. So if anyone is interested there is a twister Orange CFTP with teck package just days away from Keller Bros Ford Lititz Pa. Phone 717-568-8046. List $96 and change. They were selling to me at MSRP ask for Katrina she has been great to work with.
Ron
Man, that sucks. You got one at MSRP - what a deal. Guess it doesn’t matter if the boss says no….

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,459 ·
Ron
Sorry Ron. Thanks for passing along the info! 🍻

1441 - 1460 of 1530 Posts