Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1092 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,061 ·
How are you guys finding dealers who will place an order. I’ve been all through this forum and have contacted local dealers and all they say is our allocation has been met etc…please don’t make me go the Hellcat route ;) love these cars so much! I’m in Palm Beach county FL.
Welcome to the forum! It’s going to be difficult, but not impossible to find an allocation this late in the game. Call every dealer within a day or two drive. Also let your intentions be known across social media, just like you did here. You might get contacted behind the scenes.
Man, no movement in over 2 weeks after car is released for shipment. Anyway to confirm? I’m wondering if I’m gonna have one of those cars that just randomly show up at the dealer.
Call Ford Performance tomorrow and see what they say. Sounds like it’s waiting for a full train car heading your way.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,603 Posts
I just did a somewhat local search and there are 12 GT500s showing up as inventory within 100 miles of Baton Rouge, LA area dealerships. Zip 70825.

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
130 Posts
yeah - jump on Ford.com and do a search / expand the search area. Funny - saw mine on the Dealer's site for sale but they had set it aside. They received 3 GT500s plus mine and all were sold within a day. And they will not get anymore this year unless it comes from another dealership.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,875 Posts
Man, no movement in over 2 weeks after car is released for shipment. Anyway to confirm? I’m wondering if I’m gonna have one of those cars that just randomly show up at the dealer.
Is you car being shipped by convoy? What is state is it going to?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My car and a customer ordered GT500 CFTP were built 7/8 and 7/9 respectively. Both have apparently been trapped at the plant because they still haven't progressed past produced status.

So disappointing and frustrating..... I thought for sure with our cars being produced before the shut down that they would still get released and shipped. Not the case apparently

·
Registered
2021 Rapid red
11 Posts
My car and a customer ordered GT500 CFTP were built 7/8 and 7/9 respectively. Both have apparently been trapped at the plant because they still haven't progressed past produced status.

So disappointing and frustrating..... I thought for sure with our cars being produced before the shut down that they would still get released and shipped. Not the case apparently
Mine was also “built” awaiting shipment on 7/8

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine was also “built” awaiting shipment on 7/8
If your car says "awaiting shipment" it's released and ready to be shipped. Released means it passed QA and has been released for shipping.

My car showing produced means it hasn't passed QA and been released. Onve it shows released it will be awaiting shipment.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Not going convoy, coming all the way to Washington state. I’ll try and call FP today to see if I can get an answer
I haven't seen any of the cars on my list shipped rail since the plant shutdown. It looks like there may not be enough cars in the lot to fill railcars. Things should start moving when the plant reopens next week.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
2021 Rapid red
11 Posts
I haven't seen any of the cars on my list shipped rail since the plant shutdown. It looks like there may not be enough cars in the lot to fill railcars. Things should start moving when the plant reopens next week.
Yeah just got off the phone with fp and he said he has a delivery date range of the 6-12. Which could mean it’s getting picked up from the plant on either of those dates. Or delivery to the dealer on between those dates. But I find it unlikely it would make it to Washington by the 12th unless it ships today. I don’t mind waiting though

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Any delivery dates you get from FP or Fords website are worthless.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Being in PA we're apparently close enough that our Mustangs ship directly by truck. The CFTP car that came in a week and a half ago was delivered the day after it was picked up at the plant. I have a feeling they put all of the employees off for the shutdown and didn't keep the people there that process the completed units and get them ready for delivery.

Any delivery dates you get from FP or Fords website are worthless.
Agreed. They get similar data as our dealer Vehicle Visibility tool which seldomly has accurate ETA's

I must have gotten lucky snagging a 2021 in April huh? It did take me 38 dealerships...
You sure did. I'm surprised you found one in stock. If you don;t mind saying, how much over sticker was it? Usually the dealers I see in my area with cars in stock are the ones that are asking pretty big premiums.

·
Registered
Ordered: Base TO, Black Roof, Tech and Handling Pack.
3 Posts
Prices for on the lot cars seem to have jumped in the last couple of weeks, even though some of the cars are sitting and not selling. ADM's that were 10k are now 20+, I can't find anything like I want for under 7k over Msrp even when I'm offering 5k over. Guess I'll continue waiting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Prices for on the lot cars seem to have jumped in the last couple of weeks, even though some of the cars are sitting and not selling. ADM's that were 10k are now 20+, I can't find anything like I want for under 7k over Msrp even when I'm offering 5k over. Guess I'll continue waiting.
That' probably because of 2 reasons. One is it's the GT500. Two, is because there is almost no new inventory in stock. We're sold out of Escapes, Edges, Explorers, Bronco Sports and Super Duty trucks. The other model lines that we do have there are only a couple on the lot.

Late model vehicles, including Mustangs are selling for near and even over what they stickered for new. I've had people come in with price quotes of $2k over sticker on a Super Duty that a local dealer had in stock.

The market is just insane right now. I've been doing this almost 35 years and have NEVER seen anything even close to what the market is doing right now.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
For those of you waiting for a VIN, Wednesday and Thursday are usually the days new VINs are released. Time to call your dealer and see if it is your lucky day.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,078 ·
Awesome. Just received my VIN and Build week, September 20th. Will probably get just in time for the snow to fall.
Congrats on the build week!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interesting tid bit Tim. My CFTP allocation that I have sold from our other store was built on the same day this year as your car was last year.

Looks like even though that car and my car were built before the shut down they ended up getting trapped at the plant. Still no change in status today. I was all excited that my car got produced before the shut down figuring I'd have it by now! No such luck.....

1061 - 1080 of 1092 Posts