Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Wouldn’t you know it would come as I am moving my daughter to Arizona. I’ll see if the dealer can send me a couple of pictures. At least I know it’s finally here!
Oh, no! Sorry to hear that, but at least it is there!

Reactions: DKnight

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,043 ·
Wouldn’t you know it would come as I am moving my daughter to Arizona. I’ll see if the dealer can send me a couple of pictures. At least I know it’s finally here!
Happens like this all the time. Fletch’s car arrived as he left town on vacation. My base model literally arrived at the dealer while I was driving to the airport to be gone for a week.

Ask the dealer to put the car inside and to rope it off to keep everyone from rubbing on it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Happens like this all the time. Fletch’s car arrived as he left town on vacation. My base model literally arrived at the dealer while I was driving to the airport to be gone for a week.

Ask the dealer to put the car inside and to rope it off to keep everyone from rubbing on it.
It will be in the show room roped-off.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,046 ·
Car got to the dealer on Friday. will pick it up next weekend. Huge thanks to Snoopy49 for helping with tracking.

View attachment 218869
Outstanding! Congratulations!

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing more of your new 500, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: DKnight

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Reactions: DKnight and drkchai

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
130 Posts
She's home and in the garage. Swap went well and drove the 2021 home. Koons Silver Spring has my 2020 for sale now.

While there I saw a White/Kona blue 2013 GT500 convertible. Me likey.... Might make an offer - can't have too many cars right?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,051 ·
She's home and in the garage. Swap went well and drove the 2021 home. Koons Silver Spring has my 2020 for sale now.

While there I saw a White/Kona blue 2013 GT500 convertible. Me likey.... Might make an offer - can't have too many cars right?
No pictures?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,053 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
How are you guys finding dealers who will place an order. I’ve been all through this forum and have contacted local dealers and all they say is our allocation has been met etc…please don’t make me go the Hellcat route ;) love these cars so much! I’m in Palm Beach county FL.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
400 Posts
How are you guys finding dealers who will place an order. I’ve been all through this forum and have contacted local dealers and all they say is our allocation has been met etc…please don’t make me go the Hellcat route ;) love these cars so much! I’m in Palm Beach county FL.
You’re probably gonna need to look outside of Florida. I emailed 8 dealers in 2020 asking if they would get a 21 allocation and were they willing to let me reserve it and at what cost (lucky me I got it at MSRP) what’s crazy is only one replied, I stayed in touch with the salesman via text until the order banks opened. Showed up, placed my order and put a grand down. Took delivery April 26th!

It will take work to get one, you’ll be happy you did. You won’t hate a Hellcat, but they definitely aren’t as interesting to drive.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Feel free to introduce yourself to the rest of the crew here:

Good luck w/ your search. I would recommend calling rural dealers rather than urban dealers. You'll have to search far and wide, likely many states away. Also suggest joining some of the Facebook groups for GT500s and Shelbys and putting the word out.

Are you only interested in ordering, or would you buy one that one might be in stock? If the latter, the next thing you'll need to consider is if you'd be willing to pay more than MSRP, which many are given the supply chain issues affecting production.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I’ve joined the GT500 pages on FB….I’m not in a hurry to purchase, need some life events to figure themselves out first, but doing my research. Been a mopar muscle fan for a while, but a Ford truck guy. Love the input from ya’ll. I just get the feeling the Hellcat group isn’t my scene based on what I see on FB. GT500 is sexy as can be and I’d love to own one.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
Yes I’ve joined the GT500 pages on FB….I’m not in a hurry to purchase, need some life events to figure themselves out first, but doing my research. Been a mopar muscle fan for a while, but a Ford truck guy. Love the input from ya’ll. I just get the feeling the Hellcat group isn’t my scene based on what I see on FB. GT500 is sexy as can be and I’d love to own one.
Understood. We're standing by to help you spend your money! ;) :p(y)

·
Registered
2021 Rapid red
11 Posts
Man, no movement in over 2 weeks after car is released for shipment. Anyway to confirm? I’m wondering if I’m gonna have one of those cars that just randomly show up at the dealer.

1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts