Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh those plaques tou put on your diecast? Yeah I would get from him too, He PM about the owners plaque I will get two, I also asking about doing a plaque 12x6 or 12x8 for my tribute to my car which would be frame with my certs and photos, had a engraver here doing it, but he bailed on the project, long story. Thank you Chris
No problem

Reactions: GT500 The Mistress

Registered
2021 GT500
Yes I used their base plate and a label maker. It happened to be exactly the length I needed 馃槀
Chris, thanks for the label maker hack.

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Hood

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Reactions: GT500 The Mistress

Registered
2021 GT500
Eventually I鈥檒l find a nice metal replacement. Once I have some free time I鈥檒l measure it and ask Ted to make a permanent one.

That turned out frikkin AMAZING!
When you do let me know as I would be interested in a fancy metal one as well.

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
Eventually I鈥檒l find a nice metal replacement. Once I have some free time I鈥檒l measure it and ask Ted to make a permanent one.

That turned out frikkin AMAZING!
Chris, Ted is busy working on my Plaque for the tribute to the Mistress, so leave him alone HAHA :ROFLMAO:

All seriousness yes good idea, if you come up with nice plate please share with us Chris, I wonder what a Black background plate would look like with silver lettering, Ted mention in our phone discussion using Black Anodized Aluminum with silver/white finish, I can't explain it like he did of course馃し鈥嶁檧锔

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
Couple updates on My 2 Diecasts reproductions of my Mistress. Also we are adding lights real working lights like in the video below.

The white GT500 is being disassembled, it is further along, but no pictures yet. The first one we started is almost done 馃お

Hand Wood Finger Nail Thumb
Hood Wheel Tire Toy Vehicle
Finger Wrist Jewellery Thumb Strap
Font Automotive tire Material property Handwriting Pattern
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive mirror

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
Where did you get the stickers made?
You can make them on your computer, here is a Youtube Video of how to do them, Tony reached out to me in a PM I'll also post my reply to him, for anyone to read on how we are attacking this project, again Full disclosure, I am getting help from my Painting/detailing guy Victor, he's getting good at this, he'll make a business out of what he's learning

Here you go Ryan
Home | JCG Custom Models

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
That is freakin' awesome.
Thank you Chris, My idea, my Detailing guys brother is the one installing the LED lights etc, very tedious he's also setting up the remote control to activate it, FING Crazy 馃お :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
Tony Reached out to me on this topic, here is what I showed him, and my conversation, I hope he's okay with me making our PM Convo public, but I feel everyone who's interested can use this info.

If anyone has questions let me know, Me and my guy Victor, made mistakes, we corrected them, learn from them. Maybe our corrections can help you, so you'll save time, money and less frustration. This project isn't for the inpatient ( Grumpy old men, ME) :ROFLMAO:
It is fun, crazy and so surprising of what is possible with some dedication and skill, Victor is FING GOOD;):love:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

Registered
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
I'm never getting this thing back together in one piece. How the F do you get the hood, trunk and doors off without destroying the pins/clips?

I had to buy a donor car to steal the CF wheels off of it. The suspension wasn't so hard...but steering knuckle was a bitch to reassemble on the donor.

Thomas in the Philippines 馃嚨馃嚟, I don't know what you did, but I need to brush up on your techniques. 馃槥馃う鈥嶁檪锔. I'll be lucky if it's rolling by new years.
Motor vehicle Car Wheel Hood Vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'm never getting this thing back together in one piece. How the F do you get the hood, trunk and doors off without destroying the pins/clips?

I had to buy a donor car to steal the CF wheels off of it. The suspension wasn't so hard...but steering knuckle was a bitch to reassemble on the donor.

Thomas in the Philippines 馃嚨馃嚟, I don't know what you did, but I need to brush up on your techniques. 馃槥馃う鈥嶁檪锔. I'll be lucky if it's rolling by new years. View attachment 255284

View attachment 255288
Ok I didn鈥檛 remove them, I used toothpicks to prop them open during painting. You鈥檒l get everything painted if you can hang it from an old wire clothes hanger or something similar.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red

Thomas in the Philippines 馃嚨馃嚟, I don't know what you did, but I need to brush up on your techniques. 馃槥馃う鈥嶁檪锔. I'll be lucky if it's rolling by new years. View attachment 255284

View attachment 255288
When we first took apart these Maisto cars, we originally broke it down as you have it, but me and my paint/detailing guy discussed, we decided to remove those small rivets, and when it goes back together use a epoxy, He broke it down further at his house and did the striping and Primer/paint there as all the equipment is there,

I should have done a instructional video, I can have him, ( When he comes here) call you if you like, I can explain it better over the phone I think. I have more pictures to show you it does break down further Tony, We used 2 Cars, one was a Maisto, other was Solido brand, We also used 3D printing for the extra CF Wing, stickers printed on a regular printer.
Motor vehicle Green Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire
Musical instrument Wood Motor vehicle Electric blue Flooring
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design
Communication Device Eyewear Finger Bumper Gadget
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Communication Device Automotive design
Automotive tire Font Material property Pattern Handwriting
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle Camera accessory Auto part
Finger Wrist Jewellery Thumb Nail

Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
Ok I didn鈥檛 remove them, I used toothpicks to prop them open during painting. You鈥檒l get everything painted if you can hang it from an old wire clothes hanger or something similar.
View attachment 255289
Yes you could do that also. It would work, I bought Jewelers tools, including a jeweler's drill with bits ETC, which makes it easier to do. I have a video of this thing

Chris's way would work well, and easier, You don't have to break it down to the level we did, You are copying paint and the exact look of a HE GT500

21 - 40 of 45 Posts