Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
907 Posts
It’s tilting towards a buyers market for sure! Will the Dealers holding inventory see it as such? I don’t think BAT is a guiding light for prices but it’s definitely telling a story of down trend in prices! Locally I spotted a 20 with 7k on the clock sell for $72550
During the past year/year and a half, BaT was the place to go if you wanted top dollar for your car. Lots of silly bidding. The GT500 and Ram TRX market are two I think have been seriously overvalued. There was an article somewhere yesterday about the price of G-Wagons taking a hard dive, and then another video I watched about C8 prices starting to head downward. Some sellers might be taking delivery of a Z06 but that number is probably small in relation to overall C8 production, even though it was restrained in 20 and 21.

We'll see but I seriously doubt this trend is going in the opposite direction. Plenty of people on this board in cold climates have been taking delivery at the beginning of winter. Plenty of people in warm climates (like myself), or marginal climates whose driving fun isn't affected by seasonal changes. The big BJ and Mecum auctions happen in the winter. Amelia Island happens in the winter. Specialty cars tend to sell no matter what the weather is doing. GT500 and C8 prices didn't really back off last winter.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,795 Posts
nah .. party will restart every spring and especially with every passing year..
Yuppers!

It would be premature to declare “party over” with lower sales heading into winter.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Being that I dont have a shelby tattoo, I watch a LOT of different car markets. Some are finally starting to see a mild decline from crazy town. Still selling more than what they were two years ago BUT I have noticed a lot of RNM (reserve not met) across the board. I follow 5th gen vipers and 911 GT3’s mainly. IMO the markets were driven more by the influx of money, really low interest rates and lack of availability. Personally I think the EV push had little to do with people panic buying, or at least at this time.

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Being that I dont have a shelby tattoo, I watch a LOT of different car markets. Some are finally starting to see a mild decline from crazy town. Still selling more than what they were two years ago BUT I have noticed a lot of RNM (reserve not met) across the board. I follow 5th gen vipers and 911 GT3’s mainly. IMO the markets were driven more by the influx of money, really low interest rates and lack of availability. Personally I think the EV push had little to do with people panic buying, or at least at this time.
Curt I know a guy if you wanna get inked 😂😎

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeye and GTabusa

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Curt I know a guy if you wanna get inked 😂😎
Its my funny way of saying im a non discriminatory car lover 🤣. No matter what brand, there’s always people who are “die hard” enthusiasts. Im not knocking them, just sometimes people can be biased about their particular brand. Im also always on the hunt it seems like …..

Speaking of. Got some new plate ideas for my car…..
Rectangle Font Parallel Gas Electric blue
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Logo

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Its my funny way of saying im a non discriminatory car lover 🤣. No matter what brand, there’s always people who are “die hard” enthusiasts. Im not knocking them, just sometimes people can be biased about their particular brand. Im also always on the hunt it seems like …..

Speaking of. Got some new plate ideas for my car….. View attachment 254519 View attachment 254520
My brother the shop owner has a Chevy bow tie on his arm, it’s a tribute to his 56 that he raced back in the 80’s. He drives an F150 now 😂 ink is to me about a life’s work or experience. I get what you are saying. I’m a diehard Blue Oval guy, that doesn’t mean I haven’t owned others 😂

Reactions: GTabusa

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
My brother the shop owner has a Chevy bow tie on his arm, it’s a tribute to his 56 that he raced back in the 80’s. He drives an F150 now 😂 ink is to me about a life’s work or experience. I get what you are saying. I’m a diehard Blue Oval guy, that doesn’t mean I haven’t owned others 😂
Sometimes being a die hard can sort of be like being a lions fan…… Just don’t know when to let go 🤣

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I know the pain!!! 1947 last time my team won a Championship 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CFTP Oxford white
21 Posts
I attempted to hunt down 2022 GT500 HE CFTP for a long time until I found a dealer who was willing to bring down the ADM on a non HE CFTP to what I was comfortable with (Oxford White/Kona painted stripes, 10K). I had one dealer where sales manager was offended and got upset on my offer on a HE CFTP. It comes down to what you can afford and willing to pay. Those high ADMs are ridiculous. I beleive they will go away. Dealers sitting on these cars will be forced to sell in the future. Sale 2023 on GT500 at dealer floors 😉😂. I fullfilled a life long dream of buying a Shelby being the first owner and keeping it forever like my other toys. Hunting down a GT350R now. YOLO

41 - 52 of 52 Posts