Will this go over 100k ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
Trying to parse past BAT results from the past +/-2 months, with the exception of HE cars, quite a few CFTPs got bid up to around the $100k mark and either sold or didn't meet reserve. There were a few sales in the $9X,XXX range, these were all lower mileage cars (1-2k). This is where I'd expect these to be right now. Don't try and tell any dealership this, though, because they're still dreaming. Some HE CFTPs got to $105k or so, didn't meet reserve, then another would sell in the $140k range. No real rhyme or reason although I didn't bother separating OTT stripe cars vs painted.

This sale yesterday looks like the lowest priced one yet. In June and August two cars sold around this number, but not this low. IMO BAT prices are overinflated, and they have been for a while. FOMO bidders on there buy emotionally for the most part.

I'd really like to see Mannheim figures since early October, I think that's where the real story is.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Trying to parse past BAT results from the past +/-2 months, with the exception of HE cars, quite a few CFTPs got bid up to around the $100k mark and either sold or didn't meet reserve. There were a few sales in the $9X,XXX range, these were all lower mileage cars (1-2k). This is where I'd expect these to be right now. Don't try and tell any dealership this, though, because they're still dreaming. Some HE CFTPs got to $105k or so, didn't meet reserve, then another would sell in the $140k range. No real rhyme or reason although I didn't bother separating OTT stripe cars vs painted.

This sale yesterday looks like the lowest priced one yet. In June and August two cars sold around this number, but not this low. IMO BAT prices are overinflated, and they have been for a while. FOMO bidders on there buy emotionally for the most part.

I'd really like to see Mannheim figures since early October, I think that's where the real story is.
Bidding is absolutely an emotional thing 馃槀馃槀 I hate being beat by someone and have over paid for shit because of it 馃槀

I鈥檓 curious to see how low these 5-10k mile cars can get. If I find something really nice in the low 60鈥檚 I鈥檒l have to buy another one 馃槺馃槺馃槀馃槀

Reactions: REMIX

Registered
Bidding is absolutely an emotional thing 馃槀馃槀 I hate being beat by someone and have over paid for shit because of it 馃槀

I鈥檓 curious to see how low these 5-10k mile cars can get. If I find something really nice in the low 60鈥檚 I鈥檒l have to buy another one 馃槺馃槺馃槀馃槀
I've turned up goose eggs looking for an adequate house to buy. Buyers and sellers are still acting crazy. I'm giving the search until mid/late January and then I'll start making room for a base car if I can find one in the 70s somewhere. I figure if I cannot find something by then I'll be stuck living here for another year, so might as well. This is pretty much why I've started watching prices. I'm good with a 5-10k mile car. Honestly I'd prefer the house right now. We got shut down on a 2 acre home with a beautiful 30 x 50 garage a few weeks back by some retired couple with an RV who outbid us and had to have it LOL. :oops:

Registered
2022 HE CFTP
"The car is absolutely flawless with no marks or scuffs anywhere. It is in showroom condition. I鈥檝e only driven it sparingly on weekends for short drives."

Oh would that ever change if I bought this car.

I'd drive down to Naples and abuse it like a cheap hooker on the way back.
Do you treat the expensive ones any different????? Lol
I always heard you pay for them to go away, not the sex.

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1 day to go and it鈥檚 right at $80K. I鈥檇 be impressed if it breaks $90

• Wow
Reactions: AZ21GT500

Registered
1 day to go and it鈥檚 right at $80K. I鈥檇 be impressed if it breaks $90
The one that sold yesterday jumped about $10k (from 70 to 80) in roughly 10 minutes. It'll be in the 90s for sure unless people aren't paying attention since they're busy with the holiday.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The one that sold yesterday jumped about $10k (from 70 to 80) in roughly 10 minutes. It'll be in the 90s for sure unless people aren't paying attention since they're busy with the holiday.
Should be interesting ending tomorrow. Currently at 82k sticker is a tad over 96k

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
Well it鈥檚 up to $90K as of today. Something odd I noticed, it has 425 miles but Carfax is showing 2 previous owners鈥.馃

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well it鈥檚 up to $90K as of today. Something odd I noticed, it has 425 miles but Carfax is showing 2 previous owners鈥.馃
Yep I think the seller wrote something about the first owner never driving it then traded it in. I鈥檓 skeptical it will go over 100k

Registered
Yep I think the seller wrote something about the first owner never driving it then traded it in. I鈥檓 skeptical it will go over 100k
Looks like with ADM some person paid $137,550 + sales tax. To look at it. In his garage. For a couple of months. 馃ぁ 馃寧

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
90k and I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 even close to reserve.

Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
I can't believe the reserve is gonna be less than 125K. People think auctions create madness and they can get crazy bids.

Registered
Watch this thing jump another $10k. I'm sure the early holiday drinking has begun by now.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
$96k and met reserve LOL.
I can鈥檛 believe they had such a low reserve! That鈥檚 a solid buy just below MSRP before fees.

Registered
I can鈥檛 believe they had such a low reserve! That鈥檚 a solid buy just below MSRP before fees.
It was a fair price. Judging by other sales (and the no sales) on there in the past, this is right in line with the base car we just saw the other day. I think in a year even this will be considered high. $40k ADM disappeared just like that - poof. The last two BaT sales brought the lowest price yet for their type, and both met reserve. There's a BaT tax IMO, how much that is, I dunno. But if I can buy a flawless 400 or 1,600 mile example off BaT of all places, tens of thousands cheaper than from a local lot on a 10k mile car, that's pretty telling. Yep, they'll be in the 80s soon.

Party's over.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It was a fair price. Judging by other sales (and the no sales) on there in the past, this is right in line with the base car we just saw the other day. I think in a year even this will be considered high. $40k ADM disappeared just like that - poof. The last two BaT sales brought the lowest price yet for their type, and both met reserve. There's a BaT tax IMO, how much that is, I dunno. But if I can buy a flawless 400 or 1,600 mile example off BaT of all places, tens of thousands cheaper than from a local lot on a 10k mile car, that's pretty telling. Yep, they'll be in the 80s soon.

Party's over.
It鈥檚 tilting towards a buyers market for sure! Will the Dealers holding inventory see it as such? I don鈥檛 think BAT is a guiding light for prices but it鈥檚 definitely telling a story of down trend in prices! Locally I spotted a 20 with 7k on the clock sell for $72550

21 - 40 of 52 Posts