Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok curiously I wonder where this 2 owner low mileage CFTP will land. It’s at 70k as I write this. Will the 600 or so for sale around the country today keep this low? What’s your guess?

Edit: I am not the seller just curious on your thoughts.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,809 Posts
Good question… there can’t be a ton of buyers willing to slap down 6 figures for a performance car heading into winter.

·
Premium Member
2022 Code Orange GT500 N2959
148 Posts
I agree with @Goose17 assessment 110%. Winter + market fluctuations. This will likely go for around sticker. 100k is a reach, imo.

The last 2 base packages on cars n bids (Demuros) got to 85k with < 500 miles on each. Barely and just under sticker. Bad time to be a seller. I dont see many changing hands until spring or people are willing to take a 10-20% hit and move on.

·
Registered
2022 HE CFTP
68 Posts
For shits and grins I called Give me the VIN last weekend to get an offer on my 2022 CFTP HE. Zero intentions of selling. I was just curious.
Keep in mind I sold my 2020 base to them for $8,000 over sticker at the peak of used car prices last year.
They offered me $95,000.
So take that for what’s it worth.

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500, Iconic Silver w/Carbon Fiber Stripes, Electronic/Handling Package
44 Posts
We are starting to see recession prices, over the next 6mths prices are going to drop considerably, then it will be a buyers market again...

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
913 Posts
"The car is absolutely flawless with no marks or scuffs anywhere. It is in showroom condition. I’ve only driven it sparingly on weekends for short drives."

Oh would that ever change if I bought this car.

I'd drive down to Naples and abuse it like a cheap hooker on the way back.

·
Registered
913 Posts
We are starting to see recession prices, over the next 6mths prices are going to drop considerably, then it will be a buyers market again...
110% agree. These will be in the $80k range eventually. This car is realistically $95k right now. $40k markup when it was new? LOL. Driven 425 miles? Hahaha. You paid all this and what? It just sat? You looked at it in your garage? How'd that work out for you?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,809 Posts
110% agree. These will be in the $80k range eventually. This car is realistically $95k right now. $40k markup when it was new? LOL. Driven 425 miles? Hahaha. You paid all this and what? It just sat? You looked at it in your garage? How'd that work out for you?
$80k range…? I think this will be dependent on what Ford does with the S650. Right now, the 2020-2022 is still king… it is still the baddest ass Mustang of all time. If Ford never comes out with another Mustang to trump 760 hp, prices might stay real strong on these cars. On the flip side, if there is a Dark Horse Extreme cranking out 800+ horses and getting into the 9s off the showroom floor, prices for the 20-22 will soften.

·
Registered
913 Posts
$80k range…? I think this will be dependent on what Ford does with the S650. Right now, the 2020-2022 is still king… it is still the baddest ass Mustang of all time. If Ford never comes out with another Mustang to trump 760 hp, prices might stay real strong on these cars. On the flip side, if there is a Dark Horse Extreme cranking out 800+ horses and getting into the 9s off the showroom floor, prices for the 20-22 will soften.
Yeah, $80k range. By that I mean a price with an $8X,XXX on it. I've heard from more than one person trade-ins on CFTPs are in the 80s right now. Prices are not going up, rather the froth from all of the extra money printed over the past 3 years is going away. It's not an indictment of the car, rather what's going on around us. People were trying to get rid of GTs in 09 and 10 for stupid money, like low 100s. It's hard to comprehend now because they're so coveted today, but it was (and IMO still is) one of the most awesome things Ford has ever made in any era, let alone the one it existed in. We are still early in this cycle...a CFTP with 10k miles doesn't sound out of line at $85k. If this thing fails to break $100k with 400 miles on it, then what's one worth that has 10k? 15k? I've already seen CFTPs out there with 25k on them.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,809 Posts
Yeah, $80k range. By that I mean a price with an $8X,XXX on it. I've heard from more than one person trade-ins on CFTPs are in the 80s right now. Prices are not going up, rather the froth from all of the extra money printed over the past 3 years is going away. It's not an indictment of the car, rather what's going on around us. People were trying to get rid of GTs in 09 and 10 for stupid money, like low 100s. It's hard to comprehend now because they're so coveted today, but it was (and IMO still is) one of the most awesome things Ford has ever made in any era, let alone the one it existed in. We are still early in this cycle...a CFTP with 10k miles doesn't sound out of line at $85k. If this thing fails to break $100k with 400 miles on it, then what's one worth that has 10k? 15k? I've already seen CFTPs out there with 25k on them.
This time of year is never a good indicator for a longer term price trend. Prices next spring/summer will be more telling.

·
Registered
2022 GRABBER BLUE TRACK PACK
939 Posts
sorry Chris not to derail your thread but this one ends in 20 minutes and I just don't see it meeting reserve. I'm also not confident the gray cftp you listed will meet reserve either...

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry Chris not to derail your thread but this one ends in 20 minutes and I just don't see it meeting reserve. I'm also not confident the gray cftp you listed will meet reserve either...

I didn’t list it, I was just starting a discussion about what we all thought. These 20+ 500’s seem to go high on BAT. Curiosity had me when I looked at what was selling on there. I agree that base car with 1,600 probably won’t go over 80k if that. I’ll be watching it for shits & giggles

Reactions: REMIX

·
Registered
913 Posts
This time of year is never a good indicator for a longer term price trend. Prices next spring/summer will be more telling.
True, 80% of the country is going into winter, but many big collector auctions occur in the winter. These seem to be a good indicator of the collector market in general. Besides, if you're one of these people who buys a car like this, drives it 400 miles over a 2 year period (like this CFTP), then I don't see why it matters when you buy it.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This antimatter blue actually sold for $80,400 about what I thought it would get.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You were really close. Too much IMO. Buyer could get on the phone and probably find one with no miles for MSRP right now.

·
Super Moderator
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, I thought it was black, and surprised it sold...
😂 I thought it was black till I read the details. The last bidder kept bidding himself up to find the reserve. It went like 15 minutes past before his winning bid. He basically got a 1,600 mile car for almost sticker. I’m happy for anyone who finds a GT500 for their rear to sit in!

Reactions: lightrules

·
Registered
22 HE CFTP
375 Posts
😂 I thought it was black till I read the details. The last bidder kept bidding himself up to find the reserve. It went like 15 minutes past before his winning bid. He basically got a 1,600 mile car for almost sticker. I’m happy for anyone who finds a GT500 for their rear to sit in!
Decent deal. With BAT fees he basically paid $5k over MSRP. I was the same as you, I thought it was black till I looked closely at it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts