Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Looking at 2020 Golden ticket cars but refuse to pay any more than a 7K ADM. Needless to say
my search is futile. I am in Utah and was thinking why don't I just order a 2021 as I don't really want it until next
April-May.
I called a couple of dealers here in Utah but their allotment is small and one told me they have a slot but are charging 20K over. My question is does anyone know where I can pre-order a 2021 Golden Ticket car for MSRP?

I also have this to trade but is NOT necessary if I can order a 2021 at MSRP. I have called on many 2020s with my car in a trade but cant strike a good deal IMO. .The lowest markup I found was a Golden Ticket Twister Orange/White Stripes @
12.5K over ~119K but they told me my car would be too hard to sell lol.. If anyone here wants that one just let me know.
Does anyone here know of a LOW ADM 2020???

IF I can find a 2020 that I like I would be willing to go 17K and my car....Must be a Golden Ticket car, Colors
Gray(Mag. Metallic), Rapid red, White, Green, Orange, Kona Blue, NO Black, Silver, Race Red.

My Viper:
2014 Viper GTS, GTS-R Blue Pearl Met./ Viper White Stripes/Black Full Leather interior , 2,300 miles, Original MSRP was 156,480 before Dodge(s) 15K price reduction to 141,480K..I have both laminated window stickers. Every available option offered in 2014 except for colored seat belts and Corsa tires(stickier compound), the 2 missing options added up to 1K. Have 2 window stickers, all books and manuals, car cover(factory)bag and both key fobs.3.5K in Suntek clearcoat; I also purchased a 5 yr. 60K Mopar warranty which will expire in March 2023..at a cost of 2K+,Transferable for ~ 50.00...Mint in and out NO mods( except mirrors painted white),Never abused, launch never used, always garaged and covered. Title in hand.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,723 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Looking at 2020 Golden ticket cars but refuse to pay any more than a 7K ADM. Needless to say
my search is futile. I am in Utah and was thinking why don't I just order a 2021 as I don't really want it until next
April-May.
I called a couple of dealers here in Utah but their allotment is small and one told me they have a slot but are charging 20K over. My question is does anyone know where I can pre-order a 2021 Golden Ticket car for MSRP?

I also have this to trade but is NOT necessary if I can order a 2021 at MSRP. I have called on many 2020s with my car in a trade but cant strike a good deal IMO. .The lowest markup I found was a Golden Ticket Twister Orange/White Stripes @
12.5K over ~119K but they told me my car would be too hard to sell lol.. If anyone here wants that one just let me know.
Does anyone here know of a LOW ADM 2020???

IF I can find a 2020 that I like I would be willing to go 17K and my car....Must be a Golden Ticket car, Colors
Gray(Mag. Metallic), Rapid red, White, Green, Orange, Kona Blue, NO Black, Silver, Race Red.

My Viper:
2014 Viper GTS, GTS-R Blue Pearl Met./ Viper White Stripes/Black Full Leather interior , 2,300 miles, Original MSRP was 156,480 before Dodge(s) 15K price reduction to 141,480K..I have both laminated window stickers. Every available option offered in 2014 except for colored seat belts and Corsa tires(stickier compound), the 2 missing options added up to 1K. Have 2 window stickers, all books and manuals, car cover(factory)bag and both key fobs.3.5K in Suntek clearcoat; I also purchased a 5 yr. 60K Mopar warranty which will expire in March 2023..at a cost of 2K+,Transferable for ~ 50.00...Mint in and out NO mods( except mirrors painted white),Never abused, launch never used, always garaged and covered. Title in hand.

View attachment 207005
View attachment 207006

View attachment 207008

View attachment 207009
Welcome to the forum! That is a beautiful Viper you have there!

Know one knows anything about the 2021 yet, but hopefully dealers will start getting allocation info soon. The best advice I can give you is doing what you are doing here... do it all over. You might get a salesman contacting you behind the scenes (private message). Another tidbit of advice is to get on the phone the moment the 2021 order banks open. Call every dealer within a day or two drive. What I found was you have to find a dealer big enough to have a CFTP allocation, but if you go to big city dealers, you’ll find big markup. Search for dealers BY big cities, not IN big cities.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Beautiful Viper! Welcome aboard. Good post -- many are wondering the same thing you are. Good advice from @Goose17.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many here have paid ADM above 5K on2020 Golden Ticket GT 500 Shelby's? C'mon tell us, lol

Almost found a 2021 Allotment right here in Utah, first they told me it would be 4K over MSRP and I was ready to put my 1K deposit down and then they call back and told me 10K no thanks....,Uh..Stealerships you gotta luv em.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,612 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Good luck with your quest. People have no issue paying ADM, but rarely talk about it after the sale.
That Viper is a keeper, [email protected] least to this non-Viper owner..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,723 Posts
How many here have paid ADM above 5K on2020 Golden Ticket GT 500 Shelby's? C'mon tell us, lol

Almost found a 2021 Allotment right here in Utah, first they told me it would be 4K over MSRP and I was ready to put my 1K deposit down and then they call back and told me 10K no thanks....,Uh..Stealerships you gotta luv em.
I follow these cars closely all over the internet. If I recall correctly, I have only seen two CFTP owners mention they got an MSRP deal and one of them locked it in with a deposit a year or longer before the order banks even opened. Most have paid markups and most are well north of $5k. From all the posts and sales I’ve seen on these cars over the last year+, I’d say $20k to $30k is considered the “normal” amount of markup on the CFTP. Some have been less and some have been more. I’ve seen them as high as double the sticker price.

Keep searching! Hopefully you find a deal that works for you. By-the-way, 2021 allocation info is not out yet. We very well could see more MSRP deals for this second year, especially on base cars.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,723 Posts
Funny! It's like the question, "Does this dress make me look fat?"
It’s like walking into someone’s house and saying: “Nice house! How much did you pay for it?” Or asking someone how much money they make per year. People’s personal financial information is personal. Some chose to share it. Some do not. I find that it causes issues with people, i.e. judgement, resentment or jealousy, so I keep my numbers to myself.

·
Registered
2020 gt500 track pack
10 Posts
I paid between 10k and 20k ADM. Not proud about it but I wanted the car and someone else would of bought it anyway. Good news is they should hold a pretty good value. They wanted to take my redeye in on trade and I was bummed because I didn't want to get rid of it. Thank God for having a awesome wife because she told me just keep the redeye and get the 500!! 2 awesome cars to own and I feel very lucky and fortunate.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,723 Posts
I paid between 10k and 20k ADM. Not proud about it but I wanted the car and someone else would of bought it anyway. Good news is they should hold a pretty good value. They wanted to take my redeye in on trade and I was bummed because I didn't want to get rid of it. Thank God for having a awesome wife because she told me just keep the redeye and get the 500!! 2 awesome cars to own and I feel very lucky and fortunate.
Congrats on owning two epic cars!

Reactions: Hpmaniac

·
Registered
2020 gt500 track pack
10 Posts
I have already made appointment for ppf and I will do the paint correction myself. Was it your video I watched goose? You were doing the prep on your red 500?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,723 Posts
I have already made appointment for ppf and I will do the paint correction myself. Was it your video I watched goose? You were doing the prep on your red 500?
If this was the video you watched, then yes, this is me:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’m going from a Redeye to a 500, too! What’s your opinion on them now that you’ve had both?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,723 Posts
I’m going from a Redeye to a 500, too! What’s your opinion on them now that you’ve had both?
I'm sure the Redeye was a good accelerating car. Make sure you go to the Ford Performance Racing School for the 2020 GT500 Track Attack! You'll see first hand how well these cars accelerate, turn and stop! You can take the car straight from the drag strip directly to the road course and kick ass in both arenas!

·
Registered
2020 gt500 track pack
10 Posts
I kept the redeye and the 500 is on the way to me from Arizona. The redeye is awesome and what I really like about it is it drives very nice and smooth and rides great. Honestly it handles better than most people are capable of driving. My redeye is not stock though. Tuned injectors e85 an sb pulley. Makes 900 wheel on e85 and 780 on 93.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts