8888C8A5-5C31-4987-AA70-C1819B0FB131.jpeg
13A7F04A-927A-4260-9E4F-20CEBC4954FD.jpeg

Reactions: DKnight

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems The excitement has diminished especially since there are several still on the showroom floor. I'm seeing some 2020 Base models below sticker.
It is natural for prices to come down after the initial shock/awe! If those 2020 CFTP cars only had a $4k markup, they wouldn’t still be sitting in dealerships being used as eye candy.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 / 2020 GT350
71 Posts
It is natural for prices to come down after the initial shock/awe! If those 2020 CFTP cars only had a $4k markup, they wouldn’t still be sitting in dealerships being used as eye candy.
Absolutely natural.....and I wasn't making the statement in surprise. I should have added that the demand / greed is now beginning to diminish as expected. I still don't have a CFTP because I'm too particular I guess. The dealer I was speaking with was going to let me take it for a small premium and If I didn't have my car I would have jumped on it. I just picked up a 2020 GT 350 Saturday with the Heritage Package. It's different not as powerful but a good looking car. I'm thinking about putting a supercharger on it.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely natural.....and I wasn't making the statement in surprise. I should have added that the demand / greed is now beginning to diminish as expected. I still don't have a CFTP because I'm too particular I guess. The dealer I was speaking with was going to let me take it for a small premium and If I didn't have my car I would have jumped on it. I just picked up a 2020 GT 350 Saturday with the Heritage Package. It's different not as powerful but a good looking car. I'm thinking about putting a supercharger on it.
Since you already have a 2020 GT500, I’d say leave the 350 naturally aspirated as intended by Ford. Once you add boost to a car not designed for it, you create heat issues. The Voodoo is a high-revving, naturally aspirated power plant that serves its purpose well in the 350. If you didn’t have a new 500 to play with, I would understand the temptation.

I’ve seen people put turbos on a couple 2000 Cobra Rs... I ask WHY? Enjoy it as is. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 GT500 / 2020 GT350
71 Posts
Since you already have a 2020 GT500, I’d say leave the 350 naturally aspirated as intended by Ford. Once you add boost to a car not designed for it, you create heat issues. The Voodoo is a high-revving, naturally aspirated power plant that serves its purpose well in the 350. If you didn’t have a new 500 to play with, I would understand the temptation.

I’ve seen people put turbos on a couple 2000 Cobra Rs... I ask WHY? Enjoy it as is. 🤷‍♂️
Good Point! I think my wife will drive this one more than I anyway. I do want to add a 2014 GT500 to the stable as well. I'm not ready this minute but if you hear of one let me know.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford of Torrance offered me a cftp at sticker

first they wanted 10k adm than they called me back saying sticker

I’m looking for non stripes , for me 10k is insane for 2 stripes
Is the car still available?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As of last Thursday they still have it
Not sure as of now

car is not advertised online
Ford of torrance
In so cal
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it helps a fellow forum member out. I like to share the better deals I come across on the new 500.

·
Registered
'20 CFTP GT500 White w/Blue stripes
31 Posts
Ford of Torrance offered me a cftp at sticker

first they wanted 10k adm than they called me back saying sticker

I’m looking for non stripes , for me 10k is insane for 2 stripes
Dude, we have the same opinion! I can't believe the cost of the painted over stripe, lol. I mean it is the same stripe they just put the clearcoat after stripe application and they want 9k more?!

Amazing times we live in, ha!

I too wanted a car without stripes but I only found a few and those dealers are still holding on to the idea that the car is 20k over or more.

I got my CFTP white with blue stripe last night - its a ripper!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dude, we have the same opinion! I can't believe the cost of the painted over stripe, lol. I mean it is the same stripe they just put the clearcoat after stripe application and they want 9k more?!

I too wanted a car without stripes but I only found a few and those dealers are still holding on to the idea that the car is 20k over or more.

Congrats! Please put your car info under your screen name.

As for the painted stripes... YES, they are overpriced. Why does Ford charge so much? Because they can and it is also a way to limit demand so Penske (who paints the stripes) does not get overwhelmed with orders.

Painted and vinyl stripes are different in more than the name. Vinyl stripes are on top of the paint with a thickness that gives you a solid edge. Also, unlike previous GT500s, Ford opted to put gaps in the vinyl coverage most noticeably where the hood meets the front fascia. With vinyl stripes, you can opt for side stripes. With painted stripes, there are no gaps, there are no edges (if done properly), but you do lose the option for side stripes.

·
Registered
5 Posts

what dealer did you get it from, and did you pay a adm?

·
Registered
31 Posts
@vargase I bought from Villa Ford of Orange and I paid $2500 ADM - they wanted 50k then offered 10k and I countered 2.5k at end of month.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@vargase they tried an extended warranty for $5995, I declined that but I did get a maintenance plan for $1140 which allow for all maintenance every 5k miles and I did the quick math and that seems to be slightly in my favor.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 / 2020 GT350
71 Posts
@vargase I bought from Villa Ford of Orange and I paid $2500 ADM - they wanted 50k then offered 10k and I countered 2.5k at end of month.
I was talking to those guys about a GT 350 Heritage. They didn’t want to come down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think end of month and quarter got it done - plus I have been in there 6-10 times over the last couple of years and taken several test drives.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts