·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,716 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,716 Posts
What happened to TSB Ford says my vin not affected even though built in time frame! Nothing from ford pass!
Did you look at yours DIY style to see if it’s good?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,716 Posts
Yes looks Ok. Why doesn't TSB show up for that vin. build date Oct. 15,2020
I have no idea... I didn't have the dealer check mine. The good news is yours is ok.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,716 Posts
Ouch, looks like mine filed the inspection. Getting lucky isnt typically in my cards.
I assume you meant “failed the inspection.” Got any pics? How long have you owned it?

On a different note, welcome to the forum! Hopefully your car gets corrected without any issues. If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2020 GT500
12 Posts
I assume you meant “failed the inspection.” Got any pics? How long have you owned it?

On a different note, welcome to the forum! Hopefully your car gets corrected without any issues. If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Failed the inspection at a incompetent dealership. I told them to show me, when I arrived they hadn’t checked with a mirror, only eyeballing down the oil res. Furious isn’t the word, however I did notice the timing chain guide was loose and slightly sideways. They then attempted to pry the extended filler piece off, which caused me to abruptly leave and dismiss them as incompetent. I’ve scheduled another appointment for Wednesday at a much better shop, we will see how that goes. However upon my inspection with a small dental mirror, it in fact does not look engaged

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,716 Posts
Failed the inspection at a incompetent dealership. I told them to show me, when I arrived they hadn’t checked with a mirror, only eyeballing down the oil res. Furious isn’t the word, however I did notice the timing chain guide was loose and slightly sideways. They then attempted to pry the extended filler piece off, which caused me to abruptly leave and dismiss them as incompetent. I’ve scheduled another appointment for Wednesday at a much better shop, we will see how that goes. However upon my inspection with a small dental mirror, it in fact does not look engaged
Well SHIT! Are you able to get any pictures using the mirror? We could get a second set of eyes on it for you. Out of curiosity, who built your engine?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you experiencing any kind of odd symptoms with the car or does it drive normally? Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
12 Posts
Are you experiencing any kind of odd symptoms with the car or does it drive normally? Just out of curiosity.
Nope, drives perfect. It can be a little jerky at low speeds however I figure that’s normal with the DCT, and still believe that. I’ve got over 11k miles on it, daily it, runs like a top.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
12 Posts
Forewarned, my picture taking skills are garbage, no idea how these guys are getting these great shots, but props to them! I posted pics, Matt was the builder. You can see the guide in the picture is sideways, and is easy to move around with my small dental mirror

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,716 Posts
Forewarned, my picture taking skills are garbage, no idea how these guys are getting these great shots, but props to them! I posted pics, Matt was the builder. You can see the guide in the picture is sideways, and is easy to move around with my small dental mirror
That picture doesn’t show anything. Put the mirror down in the hole... then use a light and zoom your camera in on the mirror. You cannot see what you need to see looking straight down the hole... it’s towards the back of the car (use the mirror to look aft in the hole).

·
Registered
2020 GT500
12 Posts
That picture doesn’t show anything. Put the mirror down in the hole... then use a light and zoom your camera in on the mirror. You cannot see what you need to see looking straight down the hole... it’s towards the back of the car (use the mirror to look aft in the hole).
Yes I’m showing you what the Ford tech showed me… and my response was your exact response. However in the pic you can see the guide is sideways, (easily moved around). At the moment there is no way for me to get an image of the tensioner, when I get my mirror in, the space is so minimal, I’d say 1/4 between the base and the bottom of the guide. I will try again when my kid goes to bed. (2yo nothings easy with this guy lol)
Wednesday my car goes to another shop for second opinion, and hopefully better out come.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
12 Posts
Almost guarantee this is a false positive. At 11k miles I would be VERY surprised if it hadn’t failed by now.
Man, I thinking the same thing! I really hope we’re right. Has anyone noticed if the guide above their tensioner moves?
(The black guide, above the tensioner)

141 - 160 of 179 Posts