Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
In an effort to combat spammers here, please post a picture with your car and screen name visible in the shot. I’ll give you a day to make it happen. Thanks
Track Pack11.
Goose sorry to beat an old horse ,however if I did not receive call for chain tensioner and dealer confirmed in system for 2021 no updated recall.Is it necessary for me to buy a dental mirror and look down my oil fill to look for a groove?
Thanks Goose

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,622 Posts
Track Pack11.
Goose sorry to beat an old horse ,however if I did not receive call for chain tensioner and dealer confirmed in system for 2021 no updated recall.Is it necessary for me to buy a dental mirror and look down my oil fill to look for a groove?
Thanks Goose
There is no recall. It is a TSB at this point, so the only way to know for sure is to check yours... either yourself or at the dealer. I would check it.

Reactions: Chris-20-GT500

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Fully Loaded
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Track Pack11.
Thanks Goose
While I am not Goose, I am sure he would agree when I say...absolutely. The check is very easy and could save you a major issue if tensioner is not activated.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,347 Posts
The bulletin specifies build dates from December 2, 2019 through December 16, 2020, so there's roughly a one year period this problem has surfaced. It likley covers all 2020 GT500s. If your car falls in that range, I would check it pronto. If your car was built after December 16, 2020, Ford was aware of the problem and likely took steps to correct and prevent occurance. Check it if you're so inclined, but I'd venture to say most 2021s are okay. Perhaps the pre-production 2021 models are not, or if you have a very early build date. Look at your window sticker. There is a blend date at the top of the sticker that will show the build date, or at least it will be within reasonable proximity to completion.

Here's a cropped version of my window sticker. Note the blue arrow.

The blend date is April 12, 2021. That was the Monday the initial plant closure commenced and the car is on the trim line according to my dealer and the documentation they've provided. So technically it's a body, but it is not a complete rolling chassis. Will they change the date? I have no idea. I'd be willing to bet that's how it will be issued.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
42 Posts

And that's a pic of the screen. I was to lazy to take out the sd card for the actual jpeg.
For those looking to buy a borescope MAKE sure it is a “Dual Camera” scope, meaning there is a lens at the tip AND a lens that views 90 deg to the tip. A standard “Tip only” camera will not work as you need a side shot to see it.
I bought this one but any Dual camera work.
Amazon dual camera borescope

i did the initial check with a dental mirror while waiting for the borescope to double check as my old eyes are not the greatest.

Reactions: Cpd2442 and Goose17

·
Registered
2020 gt500 shadow black
19 Posts
For those looking to buy a borescope MAKE sure it is a “Dual Camera” scope, meaning there is a lens at the tip AND a lens that views 90 deg to the tip. A standard “Tip only” camera will not work as you need a side shot to see it.
I bought this one but any Dual camera work.
Amazon dual camera borescope

i did the initial check with a dental mirror while waiting for the borescope to double check as my old eyes are not the greatest.
The one I bought has dual cameras and it was $55 shipped, got it the same day.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The bulletin specifies build dates from December 2, 2019 through December 16, 2020, so there's roughly a one year period this problem has surfaced. It likley covers all 2020 GT500s. If your car falls in that range, I would check it pronto. If your car was built after December 16, 2020, Ford was aware of the problem and likely took steps to correct and prevent occurance. Check it if you're so inclined, but I'd venture to say most 2021s are okay. Perhaps the pre-production 2021 models are not, or if you have a very early build date. Look at your window sticker. There is a blend date at the top of the sticker that will show the build date, or at least it will be within reasonable proximity to completion.

Here's a cropped version of my window sticker. Note the blue arrow.

View attachment 215053

The blend date is April 12, 2021. That was the Monday the initial plant closure commenced and the car is on the trim line according to my dealer and the documentation they've provided. So technically it's a body, but it is not a complete rolling chassis. Will they change the date? I have no idea. I'd be willing to bet that's how it will be issued.
Track Pack11.
Thanks for the window sticker information.My original sticker does not have a Blend signification.My door Jam Sticker has Manufactured 2/2021.

·
Premium Member
2019 Bullitt 2017 GT350 2020 GT500
142 Posts
Hey Guys! Just checked mine - almost shit my pants!!!! I looked at it 100 times with my bore scope and it sure looked flat. Could not find a mirror to fit down the hole! Wasted a bunch of time trying to manufacture one like Tim!! Now the car had sat for about a week so I decided to crank it - I figured it would have came apart by now if there was an issue and it might reset the tensioner!! Thats exactly what it did !! Now if this was already addressed in this thread my apologizes!

·
Premium Member
2019 Bullitt 2017 GT350 2020 GT500
142 Posts
Before and after start from the borescope!
5C818F46-A5E9-4BAE-8F68-39272B853633.jpeg
0E40B3DD-6B56-41FA-A899-36BE87D87EE1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,347 Posts
That’s interesting to know. Oil pressure activates this tensioner?
It should have an internal spring that keeps some tension in the absence of oil pressure, but the primary tensioning force it relies on is from oil pressure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
So i just need to smack the skinny peddle when it’s cold?
nah, not my thing. I’m overly religious about it being warmed up before play time.

·
Registered
Velocity Blue 2020 GT500
20 Posts
There is no recall. It is a TSB at this point, so the only way to know for sure is to check yours... either yourself or at the dealer. I would check it.
The word recall is listed on my home FordPass page in the top left corner. When I click on the word recall, field service action # 21B26 pops up.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,622 Posts
The word recall is listed on my home FordPass page in the top left corner. When I click on the word recall, field service action # 21B26 pops up.
Is it now a recall? I rarely use my app... just checked and didn’t see anything.

·
Registered
Velocity Blue 2020 GT500
20 Posts
Is it now a recall? I rarely use my app... just checked and didn’t see anything.
It’s a bit scary for me that my homepage has recall written on it and your’s doesn’t. They may know something. My appointment at the dealership is tomorrow. I’ll report back with the result.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,622 Posts
It’s a bit scary for me that my homepage has recall written on it and your’s doesn’t. They may know something. My appointment at the dealership is tomorrow. I’ll report back with the result.
Did you get your brake pedal recall done? I did.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT350- Race Red/White stripes
60 Posts
Went to my local HF and bought a mirror.
My new 2020 GT350 looks good.
Build date of 10/09/2020

20210501_135232.jpg

81 - 100 of 118 Posts