Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Track Day with Charles from FFP + trans overheat again! (video)

2020+ 
Tags
#cftp
906 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Kagey 
#1 ·
Charles from Function Factory Racing/Function Factory Performance joins me at Eagle's Canyon Raceway in TX for a HOT, but fun ass track day in the advanced red group with Chin Track Days! My buddies are also there with their 2020+ GT500s for some 100+ degree track fun! After an orientation session, we hit 2 hard sessions, each ending with a transmission overheat. We then took Charles' rental BMW X1 SUV out for some track fun that was supposed to be "parade laps!" The BMW got a good workout sliding around the track and it even found the turf just outside of the prepared track! I hope you enjoy!

#2 ·
Looks like the transmission may need a larger cooling radiator to deal with the additional heat. I had the same issue, to a lesser degree, with our 1996 Taurus SHO. After the second overheating of the automatic transmission, the technician installed a larger cooler and we never had another over-heating problem. Your problem may be where to find a location that will accommodate a larger cooler.

#3 ·
Problem is already solved and track tested… I just have a bunch of editing to do.

#5 ·
Another bad ass video! Single handedly doing real world R&D on the trans! Hopefully you get that figured out it will be interesting to see what the issues are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.