Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this video, we have a look at the ordering process, terms, codes & timeline. This covers what to expect as well as the difference between the base model and the Carbon Fiber Track Pack. I explain my drop ship agreement and how I avoided additional shipping charges. We see my actual car going down the assembly line, its first start at Flat Rock, we talk train tracking and then go to pick up my car at the dealer!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,925 Posts
Looks like everyone at both dealerships treated you well! Fun watching you get the car! Now for the clean up!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,811 Posts
Great video Tim!! Very informative. Love the footage at the factory.

·
Registered
132 Posts
How in the world did you get footage from the assembly line? Rouge River is NUTS on any photos or video

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Evil_E

·
Super Moderator
5,438 Posts
Oh snap!!! Congrats, Tim! The Eagle has landed! :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to many more Goose videos with the new CFTP GT500. The Goose "grin" should be even more pronounced now!!!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
In this video, we have a look at the ordering process, terms, codes & timeline. This covers what to expect as well as the difference between the base model and the Carbon Fiber Track Pack. I explain my drop ship agreement and how I avoided additional shipping charges. We see my actual car going down the assembly line, its first start at Flat Rock, we talk train tracking and then go to pick up my car at the dealer!

Awesome. Trying to get it to load. Can’t wait to watch. Hope you get close ups on oil separator install. Was it installed? Assuming no spacers on non CFTP vs your CFTP? The separator I’ve seen it installed different ways. Was reading that while 100 miles break in if a person is going to track should limit things up to 1000. People get that wrong. I’m trying to decide if I should replace brake fluid to higher quality as recommended (500 degree stuff). Good issues to cover. Maybe even gas as Colorado has crap gas SD I’ve seen at Custer State Park 85 octane only! Owners manual discusses voiding warranty with use of octane boosters. What in the heck are we to use? I’ll come up with some more ideas as your reviews and airplane like how to do something “checklists” are great. Very happy for you!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome. Trying to get it to load. Can’t wait to watch. Hope you get close ups on oil separator install. Was it installed? Assuming no spacers on non CFTP vs your CFTP? The separator I’ve seen it installed different ways. Was reading that while 100 miles break in if a person is going to track should limit things up to 1000. People get that wrong. I’m trying to decide if I should replace brake fluid to higher quality as recommended (500 degree stuff). Good issues to cover. Maybe even gas as Colorado has crap gas SD I’ve seen at Custer State Park 85 octane only! Owners manual discusses voiding warranty with use of octane boosters. What in the heck are we to use? I’ll come up with some more ideas as your reviews and airplane like how to do something “checklists” are great. Very happy for you!
Thank you sir! Only the CFTP cars have the suspension spacers. I removed them today. The oil separator comes in the trunk for handling package and CFTP cars. This is an owner installed item. I did a write up in the DIY section, but I will film it and add it to my PDI video.

Break in is 100 before extended WOT runs and 1000 miles before track events. All the cars at the Track attack had less than 200 miles on them though when I did the first event there in Charlotte this spring.

The cars run fine on 91 octane. 93 octane will give you more power though. Higher elevations will have lower octane since the air is thinner there. Do your research, but I think you’ll be fine, just don’t take the lower octane to a lower altitude.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A lot of work went into making this video. It’s nice to see it has been well received. It has been watched over 10,000 times already.

Reactions: Flying Cloud
1 - 14 of 14 Posts