Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased another set of the rare OEM carbon fiber wheels as well as an extra (impossible to find) OEM carbon fiber wing! In this video, I explain why I wanted these additional goodies. I then unbox them and we have a look together to see if they survived shipping!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: 4petesnake

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,718 Posts
Ralphie and Randy could have unwrapped those goodies much faster! :p Good score with those items. I think those are purchases that will substantially increase in value over time. Certainly a good investment!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merry Christmas!!! You looked like a kid on Christmas morning, Tim!
Ralphie and Randy could have unwrapped those goodies much faster! :p Good score with those items. I think those are purchases that will substantially increase in value over time. Certainly a good investment!
Thanks guys!

I’ve had a bunch of people contact me across social media asking where they can score these items and to holler if I find more. The demand is much higher than the supply!

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
1,212 Posts
Thanks guys!

I’ve had a bunch of people contact me across social media asking where they can score these items and to holler if I find more. The demand is much higher than the supply!
Honestly, my first guess on the wheels was that you were going to have two for racing and one for street cruising lol.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Honestly, my first guess on the wheels was that you were going to have two for racing and one for street cruising lol.
One of the sets has zero miles on them and I’d like to keep them that way. The other two sets will rotate on the car based on tire life. I will run the FP variants of the SC2s on the track and on the street. They are awesome tires!

Reactions: DKnight

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look to me like diversity in your investment portfolio.......

R
That might be a side benefit, but that’s not the intent Robert. I just want the parts.

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
5,016 Posts
That might be a side benefit, but that’s not the intent Robert. I just want the parts.
It will be a benefit for sure, if people are currently looking for that stuff and it is hard to find, it will only get harder to find nice examples in the future, the value only goes up on this specialty performance stuff......

R

·
Registered
2020 GT500 SE Widebody | Pending Build Date
250 Posts
Tim, my apologies for reviving this thread but I've got to ask.. how does one find OEM parts people are willing to sell?

I'm in the market for the Track Pack Wing. However, have no idea where to even start. Not a definite buy, but I'd like to see what's out there.

Since you seem to be the king of buying Track Pack Parts, where should I start?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tim, my apologies for reviving this thread but I've got to ask.. how does one find OEM parts people are willing to sell?

I'm in the market for the Track Pack Wing. However, have no idea where to even start. Not a definite buy, but I'd like to see what's out there.

Since you seem to be the king of buying Track Pack Parts, where should I start?
Spending time on this forum as well as 2020+ GT500 Facebook groups helps. I found the extra wing here on the forum. I found the wheels on FB. Make WTB ads to let people know you are interested in buying. CF wheels are tough to find, but not impossible. CF wings are damn near non-existent unless you find a damaged one and have it repaired.

For the record, neither of my two extra sets of CF wheels nor the CF wing were listed for sale. I approached the owners and made them unsolicited offers.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 SE Widebody | Pending Build Date
250 Posts
Spending time on this forum as well as 2020+ GT500 Facebook groups helps. I found the extra wing here on the forum. I found the wheels on FB. Make WTB ads to let people know you are interested in buying. CF wheels are tough to find, but not impossible. CF wings are damn near non-existent unless you find a damaged one and have it repaired.

For the record, neither of my two extra sets of CF wheels nor the CF wing were listed for sale. I approached the owners and made them unsolicited offers.
Good to know and even better for you! Say, you wouldn't mind letting go of your second one would ya? :ROFLMAO: I'll keep my eye out.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to know and even better for you! Say, you wouldn't mind letting go of your second one would ya? :ROFLMAO: I'll keep my eye out.
I have no plans to sell it. I bought it to have on hand in case anything happened to my original. If someone made me a strong offer, I might be talked into letting it go, but it would have to be a STRONG offer. Hopefully I’ll never need a backup.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tim, I think you are cornering the market on CF wheels.
Funny… not my intent. I wanted two sets to rotate for track duty and I’ve never driven on my original set of wheels/tires… I’d like to keep it that way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.