Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
317 Posts
Thanks for making that video. I’m going to point it out to the service department at inver Grove Ford when I take my car in on Monday.
My buddies wife works in the service department there. Check if they still have the two GT500’s available

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
239 Posts
Yeah but Mecum and Barrett Jackson are probably not a good metric for judging real world auction prices. If you know someone with access, check Mannheim. That's more realistic.

These big televised auctions are hyper inflated, with bidders showing off and often fueled by liquor! :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 GT500
297 Posts
Yeah, I meant the real world auto auctions. Not the fancy smanshy auction for exotics and collectibles. Do we have anyone in the car business here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been selling Ford's at the same dealership for 34 years. I have NEVER seen the market the way it is right now. New vehicle inventory is almost non existent which has driven used inventory values through the roof. I have literally watched some late model used truck values climb $10k over the last year and a half! We have a used GT500 in stock right now wiith 8k miles on it. We paid almost window sticker for the car. Used late model truck book prices here in our area are not far off from what the trucks sold for new (after discounts and rebates).

We are currently sold out of new Super Duty trucks, have 1 Ranger, 4 F-150's, 1 Bronco Sport, a few Escapes, and a couple Explorers..... Our Ford rep was just here Tuesday and the news from her was pretty dismal. production is going to be very sparse once it starts and that is projected to continue for quite a while. So anyone that has an extra vehicle that they can do without, sell it now and capitalize on the market and then wait a year or two and buy when the bottom falls out again.

The dealership I work for has 2 stores. We actually got allocation for a base 500 and a CFTP 500 at both stores. The first car was supposed to be built 4/16 but of course the plant shut down and is still closed. It might open mid month. The next 2 units were scheduled for 6/28 but most likely will get bumped back now. I had all 4 of those cars sold but one of the buyers for a base car backed out. I also have a customer that bought 2020 base car in white with no stripes that is going to sell his. If anyone is interested let me know. It's got 1,000 miles on it. Guy had a 12' GT500 CV and missed the convertible and the stick shift.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts