Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Facebook this morning. This will be gone very quickly!

·
Registered
2013 Black/Black SVTPP
343 Posts
Nice deal @Goose17, I presume you like the color combo, ha! Hopefully, more of these will start to slowly trickle out this year after the dealers find they can't get 50,25,15,10,5K ADMs and the one GT500 allocation they ordered is just sitting there looking pretty. Then, later this year, more and more used ones will start showing up and some patient buyers will have even more options. I'm definitely interested to see what the GT500 market will look like in say October-November this year.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice deal @Goose17, I presume you like the color combo, ha! Hopefully, more of these will start to slowly trickle out this year after the dealers find they can't get 50,25,15,10,5K ADMs and the one GT500 allocation they ordered is just sitting there looking pretty. Then, later this year, more and more used ones will start showing up and some patient buyers will have even more options. I'm definitely interested to see what the GT500 market will look like in say October-November this year.
I agree on all accounts. Right now the 2020 GT500 is a hot ticket and dealers are slapping ADMs on them all over. MSRP deals are rare, but the hysteria will eventually die down. It’s just a matter of when.

As for color... I’ve seen all of the colors in person. Rapid Red is by far the most vibrant, but the car looks fantastic in almost every color in my opinion.

·
Registered
2013 Black/Black SVTPP
343 Posts
I'm not currently in the market, in time I may be, but I'm really liking this orange (green is nice too), makes me think of the competition orange terminators:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not currently in the market, in time I may be, but I'm really liking this orange (green is nice too), makes me think of the competition orange terminators:

View attachment 195954

View attachment 195956
Both the orange and green look good in person, but I am a metal flake fan. I also prefer richer colors than pale colors, but like I said, both of these colors look great in person. I was actually surprised at how good they looked.

Reactions: D3 SS 3D

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,831 Posts
I would assume it is too cold there for those tires to be bouncing on a transport...

·
Super Moderator
5,375 Posts
X2! (y)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

View attachment 195954

View attachment 195956
The Twister orange doesn't have the reddish/orange tint that the Competition Orange had. Like CO though, it is a non-metallic paint if that's what you like. It's right in the middle of CO and the Orange Fury that I have on my car in my opinion. Wish I'd been able to grab a Competition Orange car to have next to us in this shot to really show the comparison.

From the rear you can see how the metallic paint changes color on mine in the light, the left side being more yellow and the right side being more orange. The GT500 is more or less the same shade across. However, like competition orange, the sunlight does have an effect on how it looks. As we moved towards dusk in the rooftop shot you can see the underlying shades of both cars changing to the golden hour setting sun.

·
Registered
2013 Black/Black SVTPP
343 Posts
Thanks for the orange spectrum write up Kyle, love the side by side photos as well, beautiful rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts