Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 M5 Comp 2022 GT 500 black with white stripes coming
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on how to overcome bogging or wheelspin to achieve proper acceleration would be greatly appreciated. Running Toyo R888R Drag mode?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,969 Posts
With a dual clutch there's only so much under your control. Drag mode, cleanest/'stickiest surface you can find, then adjust RPM and tire pressure to suit. What RPM and tire pressure are you using now?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,024 Posts
With a dual clutch there's only so much under your control. Drag mode, cleanest/'stickiest surface you can find, then adjust RPM and tire pressure to suit. What RPM and tire pressure are you using now?
THIS!

You have the car and the tire for a good launch… now you need a good surface. A sticky drag strip is by far the best. I’d put concrete as #2, good asphalt as #3, worn grey asphalt as #4 and so on…

Select Drag Mode with auto shifting (unless your rev limiter is raised in your tune). Keep your steering wheel top dead center. Use launch control and stand on the go pedal. If the engine bogs, play with the RPMs first down and if that didn’t solve it, try a higher setting.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hyperformance

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Conservative tire pressure currently at 24 lbs and 3000 rpm launch
11.1 @ 130 trap speed so far
Bone stock except for the Toyos
2.07 60 foot (not great)
3.6 zero to 60 not great
I’m dyin to break 10’s
So close and very frustrating
DA also very high
But I’m so pumped and excited
Thank you very much for advice and input

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THIS!

You have the car and the tire for a good launch… now you need a good surface. A sticky drag strip is by far the best. I’d put concrete as #2, good asphalt as #3, worn grey asphalt as #4 and so on…

Select Drag Mode with auto shifting (unless your rev limiter is raised in your tune). Keep your steering wheel top dead center. Use launch control and stand on the go pedal. If the engine bogs, play with the RPMs first down and if that didn’t solve it, try a higher setting.
Thanks Goose
Yes true ! So far I’ve been trying different pavements with no luck or differences
Have not been to the drag strip yet
This is all street testing so far.
Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THIS!

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,969 Posts
Conservative tire pressure currently at 24 lbs and 3000 rpm launch
11.1 @ 130 trap speed so far
Bone stock except for the Toyos
2.07 60 foot (not great)
3.6 zero to 60 not great
I’m dyin to break 10’s
So close and very frustrating
DA also very high
But I’m so pumped and excited
Thank you very much for advice and input
Air those tires down. My buddy was one of the first GT500's into the 9's back in early 2020 and he ran his drag radials around 17-18 psi.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe an app…but what app?
It’s a device called the Dragy it connects to Satelite and all you need to do is download the dragy app.
It connects to your phone through Bluetooth and gives you way more data than the drag strip time slip.
If you like street testing it’s an absolutely must have.
It’s only about $150 USD on line
It’s extremely accurate
I’ve used it in the car at the drag strip to variety the accuracy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts