Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: these are now included. Scroll down to post #8.

Information coming from Ford has not always been accurate with the new 2020. There have been multiple inconsistencies and I can now confirm that despite conflicting info, the adjustable strut top mounts are NOT included with the handling package cars. They only come with the Carbon Fiber Track Pack cars. I spoke with Noah at Ford Performance this past week and he basically said that the info that was released indicating the adjustable mounts came with the handling package were incorrect.

Here is the conflicting info:

This was a briefing given to the media at the Vegas event last October:

This is the sticker that was on a side window on my handling package car:

This was Ford’s early pdf release of their order guide/options:

This is the current online order guide:

In summary, the base cars and handling package cars do NOT come with the adjustable strut top mounts. Only the CFTP cars come with them.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Ford has made a couple of mistakes like this lately. I saw a similar complaint in regards to the Bullitt cars not having the in car wifi capability despite it being advertised everywhere including the Ford website and the window sticker.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
How do you explain the inclusion of the Oil Mist Separator? It is not listed in any of the order guides or on the Ford website.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you explain the inclusion of the Oil Mist Separator? It is not listed in any of the order guides or on the Ford website.
Yes Earl... another point of confusion with Ford’s conflicting info. The oil mist separator was listed on that same side window sticker. It is definitely included with the handling package and CFTP cars (not the base cars).

I do give Ford a wee little break since this is an all new car and they have had some growing pains, but these errors/omissions have been known and pointed out yet nothing seems to be happening about them.

I mentioned to Noah that Ford should “make it right” with the owners that have already received their handling package cars with the missing adjustable mounts listed on the car and his reply was he would forward that info, but he didn’t expect anything to come of it. He simply said it was listed in error.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sales lady just sent me a huge PDF Ford sent to the dealers. Here is a screen shot of good news... Ford will he including the adjustable caster/camber plates on the Handling Package cars:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts