Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wayne!

Since you have an Oct build, your car most likely needed the “quality update.” Hopefully it gets released soon... good luck!

You’ll find our new member area here:

@KebB, admin needs to change your name and the holiday is delaying that... it WILL happen, just be patient.
Thank you for the welcome but Ive been here since 2007 on my first GT500.. Credentials have changed over time and I had to re-sign up. Still have the 07 and a couple others. Looking forward to the DSG.. Wayne

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Thank you for the welcome but Ive been here since 2007 on my first GT500.. Credentials have changed over time and I had to re-sign up. Still have the 07 and a couple others. Looking forward to the DSG.. Wayne
If you’d like, I can have the accounts merged and use either screen name. Just send me a pm with details so I can confirm both accounts belong to the same person.

Congrats on your incoming 2020!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you’d like, I can have the accounts merged and use either screen name. Just send me a pm with details so I can confirm both accounts belong to the same person.

Congrats on your incoming 2020!
Thanks for the offer but one set is plenty. Cant hardly wait for the car. Its been 6 years since the last one. Wayne

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Thanks for the offer but one set is plenty. Cant hardly wait for the car. Its been 6 years since the last one. Wayne
I have spent a day with the car at the road course and drag strip. The 2020 will be on a entirely different level than your 07... it is a supercar!

What are the “couple others?”

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 07 GT500 (White/Blue stripes) got a cold air intake and Ford chip to get to 540 HP, short throw shifter, lowering springs from Ford Performance and lower control arms and panhard bar from BMR. I still have it. I got a 2010 GT500 (Red/Silver Stripes) has a strut tower brace from Ford performance but otherwise is as delivered. I bought a used 2008 GT500KR (Black/Flat Black Stripes in 2011. Put sequential taillights on it, otherwise its stock. This is the only car that my friendly neighborhood Ford Salesman ever "sold" me. Honestly he insisted. Sounds like a good excuse, doesn't it? In 2014 I purchased a Silver/Red Stripe GT500 with Recaros and all the options. What a beast. So the progression goes on with then new GT500. I'm fortunate that my significant other lets me do this (it is a disease she also enjoys) as I have been able to keep all of them......and yes the garage is large enough. I also have a 12 and a 13 Boss 302 (Yellow and Grabber Blue), a pair of Shelby GT's (08 Blue/ Silver stripe convertible and an 08 Orange/Silver stripe Coupe with an Edelbrock supercharger (had to mess with that one) and 93 and 00 SVT Lightnings. I also acquired a 15 50th Anniversary Car (one of the 1964 serialized commemorative cars). I started in 93 and still like to go quickly. "Just a couple others".

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
The 07 GT500 (White/Blue stripes) got a cold air intake and Ford chip to get to 540 HP, short throw shifter, lowering springs from Ford Performance and lower control arms and panhard bar from BMR. I still have it. I got a 2010 GT500 (Red/Silver Stripes) has a strut tower brace from Ford performance but otherwise is as delivered. I bought a used 2008 GT500KR (Black/Flat Black Stripes in 2011. Put sequential taillights on it, otherwise its stock. This is the only car that my friendly neighborhood Ford Salesman ever "sold" me. Honestly he insisted. Sounds like a good excuse, doesn't it? In 2014 I purchased a Silver/Red Stripe GT500 with Recaros and all the options. What a beast. So the progression goes on with then new GT500. I'm fortunate that my significant other lets me do this (it is a disease she also enjoys) as I have been able to keep all of them......and yes the garage is large enough. I also have a 12 and a 13 Boss 302 (Yellow and Grabber Blue), a pair of Shelby GT's (08 Blue/ Silver stripe convertible and an 08 Orange/Silver stripe Coupe with an Edelbrock supercharger (had to mess with that one) and 93 and 00 SVT Lightnings. I also acquired a 15 50th Anniversary Car (one of the 1964 serialized commemorative cars). I started in 93 and still like to go quickly. "Just a couple others".
Fantastic! My 2020 GT500 will be Mustang #8 for me. With 2 for my teen son, that puts 10 at my house. I’m ready for the 2020... time to ship it Ford!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
@Goose17
Tim
I just got off the phone with a dealer in VA that had just received a GT500 and they confirmed that the car had the splitter wickers, gurney flap and oil/air separator in the trunk, I talked to their parts guy and he said that he had not seen the adj strut mounts, so that is still an unknown.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
@Goose17
Tim
I just got off the phone with a dealer in VA that had just received a GT500 and they confirmed that the car had the splitter wickers, gurney flap and oil/air separator in the trunk, I talked to their parts guy and he said that he had not seen the adj strut mounts, so that is still an unknown.
Thanks Earl! That’s excellent detective work! Looks like it’s confirmed then that I bought the oil separator unnecessarily when one comes with the handling package. I’ll be selling my other unused one to anyone that didn’t get the handling package or CFTP that would still like the oil separator. Who wants a discounted new/unused oil separator?

How hard was it for Ford to list what was included in the handling package...? Errors and omissions have been prevalent with the 2020.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So right now this is all I have to show for my deposit, oh, and a nice coffee mug!! :) From what I've read I guess I should be very happy with paying MSRP for this beast! I'm curious how everyone else has a VIN number and build date?

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
So right now this is all I have to show for my deposit, oh, and a nice coffee mug!! :) From what I've read I guess I should be very happy with paying MSRP for this beast! I'm curious how everyone else has a VIN number and build date? View attachment 194532
Out of the roughly 5000 planned 2020 GT500 owners, not very many have VINs or have been produced yet. Ford is working through some technical issues and then expect the roughly 300 produced cars to ship. VINs have been assigned to others awaiting production, but the holidays and winter break are limiting further VIN assignments. I expect full-tilt boogie come March.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called FP this past Wednesday to get an update. Prior to this, and per my dealer, they were reaching out to reps/dealers that have had orders in for a few months. They (FP) were looking for customer contact info because there is an apparent "plan" to ship out gifts to those of us that ordered right away and have been waiting patiently. I ordered mine in July - so if you're in that window, give them a call and get on their list so you don't miss out on your goodies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called FP this past Wednesday to get an update. Prior to this, and per my dealer, they were reaching out to reps/dealers that have had orders in for a few months. They (FP) were looking for customer contact info because there is an apparent "plan" to ship out gifts to those of us that ordered right away and have been waiting patiently. I ordered mine in July - so if you're in that window, give them a call and get on their list so you don't miss out on your goodies.
I just ordered mine last week so I need a BIG dose of patience I guess!! Hope the "goodies" are worth your wait!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out of the roughly 5000 planned 2020 GT500 owners, not very many have VINs or have been produced yet. Ford is working through some technical issues and then expect the roughly 300 produced cars to ship. VINs have been assigned to others awaiting production, but the holidays and winter break are limiting further VIN assignments. I expect full-tilt boogie come March.
Thanks Tim. My dealer said something about a winter break in production because of a "snow tire requirement in Michigan". Can this be true?

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
I just ordered mine last week so I need a BIG dose of patience I guess!! Hope the "goodies" are worth your wait!
Yes! I ordered mine July 2nd. My car is built, but waiting for a slot in the mod shop for vinyl stripes. I am on the list for the “sorry package.”

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Man!!! The excitement continues to build!!! Does this mean it's waiting to be assigned to a rail car?
That's what it means. The good news is that it will be shipped by Truck Convoy. All the cars (10) that have been delivered to a dealer were by truck.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Thanks Tim. My dealer said something about a winter break in production because of a "snow tire requirement in Michigan". Can this be true?
Slightly distorted info... the Sport Cup 2 tires on the CFTP cars will crack if exposed to cold temps. There has been discussions about continuing production of the base cars through the colder months, but I’ve seen comments about continuing as well as shutting all GT500 production down.

·
#1 Mike!
8,656 Posts
Thanks Earl! That’s excellent detective work! Looks like it’s confirmed then that I bought the oil separator unnecessarily when one comes with the handling package. I’ll be selling my other unused one to anyone that didn’t get the handling package or CFTP that would still like the oil separator. Who wants a discounted new/unused oil separator?

How hard was it for Ford to list what was included in the handling package...? Errors and omissions have been prevalent with the 2020.
And the 2019 MY!!!

401 - 420 of 547 Posts