Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1974 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,922
Thanks for the info! I’ll be asking for the report for sure.
It is like Tim stated, the report disappears as soon as the dealer reports the car sold.

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange Shelby GT500. 2020 Ford Raptor in leadfoot grey
18 Posts
So I’ve seen videos of GT500’s with heads up display but I can’t figure out how to activate it. Didn’t see anything in the manual either. Any help?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,370 Posts
Reactions: BAD3NUF

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Coming Soon Base FP Blue, 2017 Mustang Gt TT, 2004 Mustang GT, 2015 Ram 2500
41 Posts
I picked up my full VVR report this past Friday. We were in a hurry to get in the car and head home last Friday evening (a week ago), so the sales manager printed it after we left and put it away for me until I could get back to the dealership. Very cool of him! It will be a nice piece of history to have.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500 Iconic Silver w/ Blck Strips
68 Posts
Earl, Cant say enough how much I appreciate all the updates. Definitely helped me from going insane while I waited. You was able to tell me car was delivered before my dealership General Manager even told me. Im sure it shocked him along the way that I knew the status’s before he did. I have not even seen even a pic yet of the car. I did not have to wait near as long as many on the forum. But 3 1/2 months was long enough since i turned my Z06 in when the order was placed. But car is locked away in the dealership and we should be picking up tomorrow.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Earl, Cant say enough how much I appreciate all the updates. Definitely helped me from going insane while I waited.
Well said Casey.
Earl @Snoopy49 , I too appreciate the updates throughout my experience.
Tim @Goose17, your videos have been a great way to learn about these cars before even picking them up. In fact, I worked with the mechanic at the dealership to go over the car. Assisted with installing the splitter, wickers, and catch can.
I did find one small issue, the outside temp sensor in the front grill was not snapped in place. It was just hanging. We were able to use small tools to reach it through the grill holes and snap it back in place.

Outside Temp Sensor (Not in place)

Outside Temp Sensor (Corrected)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Well said Casey.
Earl @Snoopy49 , I too appreciate the updates throughout my experience.
Tim @Goose17, your videos have been a great way to learn about these cars before even picking them up. In fact, I worked with the mechanic at the dealership to go over the car. Assisted with installing the splitter, wickers, and catch can.
I did find one small issue, the outside temp sensor in the front grill was not snapped in place. It was just hanging. We were able to use small tools to reach it through the grill holes and snap it back in place.
View attachment 207952 View attachment 207953 View attachment 207954

Outside Temp Sensor (Not in place)
View attachment 207956
Outside Temp Sensor (Corrected)

View attachment 207957
It’s gorgeous! :love:

Congrats Chad!🤟

Reactions: GTLife

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,932
Thank you!
Already put 150 miles on it and love it!
Tomorrow we start our trip home to Virginia. Planning on driving some mountain roads through the Smokies. Expect to have a great trip!!
Use Sport mode. You can change the exhaust and shocks if they are a little to loud or not kidney friendly.

Reactions: BAD3NUF and GTLife

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Use Sport mode. You can change the exhaust and shocks if they are a little to loud or not kidney friendly.
I personally rarely use Sport Mode. I’m either in Track Mode (most fun mode) or My Mode when the roads are too harsh. I set up My Mode with a Sport dash, normal shocks, sport steering and sport exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,934
I personally rarely use Sport Mode. I’m either in Track Mode (most fun mode) or My Mode when the roads are too harsh. I set up My Mode with a Sport dash, normal shocks, sport steering and sport exhaust.
Tim, what mode did you use as a template for your MyMode? I started with Sport mode and then selected the normal dash, shocks, exhaust and saved it as MyMode..

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,935
For anyone waiting on a 2020 VIN, it looks like it is not going to happen. The last VIN issued, 5930, was issued on 10/29/2020 and there were only 7 VINs issued that day. I could be wrong, but it doesn't look good.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Tim, what mode did you use as a template for your MyMode? I started with Sport mode and then selected the normal dash, shocks, exhaust and saved it as MyMode..
I started with Sport Mode and then saved a My Mode with:
-sport dash
-normal shocks (CFTP is stiffer)
-sport steering
-sport exhaust

Reactions: Snoopy49

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,937
I also went with sport steering. I just wish I could figure out a way to take the steering out of school bus mode, There is no way of making a u-turn on a 2 lane street that doesn't involve smoking tires.

Reactions: Towerman30

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
I also went with sport steering. I just wish I could figure out a way to take the steering out of school bus mode, There is no way of making a u-turn on a 2 lane street that doesn't involve smoking tires.
That’s what happens when you have 305 wide meats up front, which would normally be reserved for the rear. I accept it since I like the grip!

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 CFTP, Ford Performance Blue
23 Posts
Well, I got a question from another angle....is there a maintenance manual that exists for the 2020 GT500?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Well, I got a question from another angle....is there a maintenance manual that exists for the 2020 GT500?
There is a 2020 Mustang workshop manual in digital form that includes the GT500. I have a copy on my home PC.

1921 - 1940 of 1974 Posts