Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1974 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 CFTP, Ford Performance Blue
23 Posts
Catch can is a owner installed item, some dealers will install it as a courtesy, but most will charge a fee.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,370 Posts
Well folks, I got GT home yesterday. At this point, all I will say, is “Awesome”. However, with the “good” there is also a “not-so-good” side of the story. So, we went through the inspection and found the following items missing. Keep in mind I got the CFTP. Items missing are: Oil Catch Can, Tire Compressor and Sealant, I got 2 each left hand wickers, so I’m missing the right hand wicker, the spoiler tool kit didn’t make the trip. The car was held up at the rail yard because of a cut tire. I am assuming it was the right front, because that wheel got scuffed up during transport. So, now along with a wheel claim, the other missing parts have also had claims made for their replacement. I’m disappointed, but not peeved. I‘ll give a follow-up when pieces parts start showing up.
Sorry for the issues. Once you get it all sorted out, it will be awesome! It's a weird one that the trunk loose items were missing or dorked-up. FYI, the tool kit comes directly to your house as part of the owner's kit at a later date.
Should we be asking the dealer to install the oil catch can? My understanding is that the spoiler tool kit comes via mail as a “gift”, is that right?
The oil separator is supposed to be installed by the owner. If a dealer did it, they were being nice.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
If you are mechanically inclined, you shouldn’t have any issues with the install. My dealer offered and I accepted .

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Here is the full PDI to include the oil separator install, the wickers and the splitter.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Roger that Tim, understand all on the spoiler tool kit

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
43 Posts
Any reason for a delay with shipping recently? Maybe it was me but it looked like they were shipping out pretty steadily up until around a month ago and now there is a delay?

Reactions: GTLife

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any reason for a delay with shipping recently? Maybe it was me but it looked like they were shipping out pretty steadily up until around a month ago and now there is a delay?
Don't know any reasons but I noticed that also. My car waited for nine days before it was loaded on rail, and took nine days to get to the other end (arrived yesterday). That was Flat Rock to Chicago. Now I'm waiting for the truck to pick it up and deliver to the dealer. I'm hoping for a Friday the 13th Delivery!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
Watch temperatures in Flat Rock. Remember the winter break during production almost a year ago...? This was due to the min temp rating for the tires (to prevent cracking). This is just a hunch for any delays now, but I suspect Ford won’t move cars if the temps get too low.

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime (with black stripes) GT500
102 Posts
I was told they don't ship until there is a full train car or truck load. Mine sat for two weeks in the rail yard at Ford, then a week in the local rail yard before getting on a truck to the dealer. I don't think the dealer marking it "hot" makes any difference. You are still at the mercy of the tucking company, per my dealer. I know this info doesn't make it any easier waiting but it's definitely worth it when it shows up and you get to hear the rumble the first time!!

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500 Iconic Silver w/ Blck Strips
68 Posts
My car finally shows shipped as on last night. Per Ford Performance it has shipped Convoy. Does that mean it is coming from MI to TN on a truck?

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,911
Status Update:

Congratulations Casey 😀 😀 😀 😀

@Fordperformance - Shipped Convoy
dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
My car finally shows shipped as on last night. Per Ford Performance it has shipped Convoy. Does that mean it is coming from MI to TN on a truck?
Congrats Casey! Convoy sounds like “truck” to me. Otherwise it would say rail.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT 500 Iconic Silver w/ Blck Strips
68 Posts
Thats what i was thinking also. Just a long truck ride. But maybe it will be quicker than rail

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,915

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,918
Make sure you ask for the Full History Vehicle Visibility Report.

Reactions: BAD3NUF and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
what is that? Is this something the dealer can pull up or is it delivered with a report in the car?
Skip to 28:00. Your salesperson can pull the report, but it gets deleted right after the car gets delivered.

Reactions: Lou-Q and BrakeFade
1901 - 1920 of 1974 Posts