·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,830 Posts
Reactions: J agent automotive

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey folks, just joining the group/forum. Hello to everyone! I have a vin on my 2020 Twister Orange GT500. Was wondering if there is a good thread or discussion on the projected long term hold on these GT500’s and if folks feel they’ll retain their values incredibly well? I believe they will!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Hey folks, just joining the group/forum. Hello to everyone! I have a vin on my 2020 Twister Orange GT500. Was wondering if there is a good thread or discussion on the projected long term hold on these GT500’s and if folks feel they’ll retain their values incredibly well? I believe they will!
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your impending 2020!

Normally late model Mustangs are not good investments. I fully expect this one to depreciate like the others. The question then becomes how quickly will it depreciate and how low will the price bottom go...? This all depends on how many are built and what comes after it. The rumors were roughly 5000 per year for a three year build. We are closing in on 6000 for this crazy year though. The S650 Mustang is rumored to be coming as the 2023 model year, which makes this one limited to 2020, 21 & 22. If we are looking at the pinnacle of internal combustion engine Mustang performance, these cars could hold their values quite well. If the S650 comes out with an even crazier gas-powered GT500, values of these cars won’t hold so strong. Also, if Ford decides to extend this current car and gives it performance tweaks along the way, values of the 2020 won’t stay so strong. We saw this with the 07-14 GT500. Imagine if Ford stopped making GT500s after the 07-09 cars... their values would be considerably higher today.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

Reactions: PerfectoGT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your impending 2020!

Normally late model Mustangs are not good investments. I fully expect this one to depreciate like the others. The question then becomes how quickly will it depreciate and how low will the price bottom go...? This all depends on how many are built and what comes after it. The rumors were roughly 5000 per year for a three year build. We are closing in on 6000 for this crazy year though. The S650 Mustang is rumored to be coming as the 2023 model year, which makes this one limited to 2020, 21 & 22. If we are looking at the pinnacle of internal combustion engine Mustang performance, these cars could hold their values quite well. If the S650 comes out with an even crazier gas-powered GT500, values of these cars won’t hold so strong. Also, if Ford decides to extend this current car and gives it performance tweaks along the way, values of the 2020 won’t stay so strong. We saw this with the 07-14 GT500. Imagine if Ford stopped making GT500s after the 07-09 cars... their values would be considerably higher today.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

Great info and thanks for taking the time to do so! I also agree with you. I do believe that Ford Performance put many years of research and development into this particular GT500 and have presented a product that reflects their highest engineering capabilities at this point. Of course, I understand that that’s always the goal with such a specialty car but like most have said, this one is just different. It is just so much more of a beast than previous editions of the GT500.
Also, yes it’s correct as you mentioned that we don’t know much about the 2021 other than some different options, I don’t believe there will be any power differences. So that would leave a 2022 model to have those differences. I think they’ve thrown the kitchen sink at it already and feedback has been tremendous so I’d imagine their teams are gearing up for the future vehicles and their programs.

I do believe these will retain their value better than normal and if one is kept in pristine condition for a few years and low miles, I don’t believe it would be a huge monetary loss through a private sale but I could be completely wrong. My estimated guess is that if someone wanted to do a private sale in 2024-2025 of a 2020GT500, you could still potentially get around $70-75k if all the boxes are checked on it. If it’s ragged out, of course not. Thoughts??

otherwise thank you for the nod and I will head over to the new member page and introduced myself. One last thing, Have you heard anyone on the forum mention if they’ve successfully found or installed a different wing on their base GT500 that is very similar to the track pack gt4 wing?? I know APR has designed one but it just doesn’t quite have the look and profile of the Ford wing. Let me know! Thanks Goose

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Great info and thanks for taking the time to do so! I also agree with you. I do believe that Ford Performance put many years of research and development into this particular GT500 and have presented a product that reflects their highest engineering capabilities at this point. Of course, I understand that that’s always the goal with such a specialty car but like most have said, this one is just different. It is just so much more of a beast than previous editions of the GT500.
Also, yes it’s correct as you mentioned that we don’t know much about the 2021 other than some different options, I don’t believe there will be any power differences. So that would leave a 2022 model to have those differences. I think they’ve thrown the kitchen sink at it already and feedback has been tremendous so I’d imagine their teams are gearing up for the future vehicles and their programs.

I do believe these will retain their value better than normal and if one is kept in pristine condition for a few years and low miles, I don’t believe it would be a huge monetary loss through a private sale but I could be completely wrong. My estimated guess is that if someone wanted to do a private sale in 2024-2025 of a 2020GT500, you could still potentially get around $70-75k if all the boxes are checked on it. If it’s ragged out, of course not. Thoughts??

otherwise thank you for the nod and I will head over to the new member page and introduced myself. One last thing, Have you heard anyone on the forum mention if they’ve successfully found or installed a different wing on their base GT500 that is very similar to the track pack gt4 wing?? I know APR has designed one but it just doesn’t quite have the look and profile of the Ford wing. Let me know! Thanks Goose
I agree... a lot of time, effort and engineering went into the 2020 and it shows. Previous gen cars were fun/wild... they were great at the drag strip. The new kid is great at everything. I’d call it a “civilized beast!” It is brutally fast, has amazing grip in the turns and stops with amazing violence! It does this all with poise and predictability. I spent a full day at the strip and track this past week and was amazed once again at how good this car is at everything! My 2011 GT500 has a Whipple upgrade and has basically the same power. These cars are light years apart... not even in the same solar system! After I finish my Ford Performance Racing School video, my next project is a full review of my CFTP.

As for prices these cars will command when selling used in the next few years, we shall see. The 2020 has a lot going for it, but prices are anyone’s guess.

Regarding a wing option, here you go... it looks identical to my OEM one:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree... a lot of time, effort and engineering went into the 2020 and it shows. Previous gen cars were fun/wild... they were great at the drag strip. The new kid is great at everything. I’d call it a “civilized beast!” It is brutally fast, has amazing grip in the turns and stops with amazing violence! It does this all with poise and predictability. I spent a full day at the strip and track this past week and was amazed once again at how good this car is at everything! My 2011 GT500 has a Whipple upgrade and has basically the same power. These cars are light years apart... not even in the same solar system! After I finish my Ford Performance Racing School video, my next project is a full review of my CFTP.

As for prices these cars will command when selling used in the next few years, we shall see. The 2020 has a lot going for it, but prices are anyone’s guess.

Regarding a wing option, here you go... it looks identical to my OEM one:

Ahh yes, the Function Factory wing! I’ve looked into this one as well. It’s the way I’d like to go I believe. The only issue is I have the white vinyl stripes coming on mine. I guess if I ordered the trunk with the wing, I’d be able to have someone mimic the vinyl stripes? FFnis is asking that you send in your gas cap. Do you know if that’s still a requirement? Thanks for the info!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
Ahh yes, the Function Factory wing! I’ve looked into this one as well. It’s the way I’d like to go I believe. The only issue is I have the white vinyl stripes coming on mine. I guess if I ordered the trunk with the wing, I’d be able to have someone mimic the vinyl stripes? FFnis is asking that you send in your gas cap. Do you know if that’s still a requirement? Thanks for the info!
That is not the factory wing. It's a CF recreation. The factory wing is insanely over priced. The recreation is much more palatable. Options I see for a base owner would be:

1. Get a trunk lid off any S550 wingless Mustang from a salvage yard... get it painted & buy your matching vinyl stripe pieces from Ford (buy roof or hood stripes and cut). This is the option I would chose.

2. Have the holes in your trunk lid filled and get it repainted. You'd also need to do the stripe thing.

As for the stripes... another consideration is to remove all of the OTT factory vinyl stripes and go with a complete aftermarket set. I know a couple owners of base cars that weren't happy with the gaps in the vinyl... they pulled their OEM stripes and had the car redone with aftermarket ones.

I have no idea what you were talking about regarding the gas cap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is not the factory wing. It's a CF recreation. The factory wing is insanely over priced. The recreation is much more palatable. Options I see for a base owner would be:

1. Get a trunk lid off any S550 wingless Mustang from a salvage yard... get it painted & buy your matching vinyl stripe pieces from Ford (buy roof or hood stripes and cut). This is the option I would chose.

2. Have the holes in your trunk lid filled and get it repainted. You'd also need to do the stripe thing.

As for the stripes... another consideration is to remove all of the OTT factory vinyl stripes and go with a complete aftermarket set. I know a couple owners of base cars that weren't happy with the gaps in the vinyl... they pulled their OEM stripes and had the car redone with aftermarket ones.

I have no idea what you were talking about regarding the gas cap.
gotcha! Thanks. Well by Factory, I meant that that’s the wing found on Function Factory’s website. It’s $2,999. They have an added option of them providing the trunk with pre drilled holes for the wing. They ask for the gas cap to get an exact color math for your car. The trunk option is an additional $1,499 I believe.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
gotcha! Thanks. Well by Factory, I meant that that’s the wing found on Function Factory’s website. It’s $2,999. They have an added option of them providing the trunk with pre drilled holes for the wing. They ask for the gas cap to get an exact color math for your car. The trunk option is an additional $1,499 I believe.

Ahh, ok. I didn't look into them since I have a CFTP now. They should just be able to match the paint off of the paint code. I assume you mean they want your gas door since these cars don't have gas caps. If they insist on having the door, package it well and send it off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So my car rolled into El Mirage (Phoenix) this morning on the train. Any ideas of how many days it takes to get trucked to the dealer? Is there a way to speed up this process? I read somewhere that the dealer can mark the car as "hot"?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,830 Posts
So my car rolled into El Mirage (Phoenix) this morning on the train. Any ideas of how many days it takes to get trucked to the dealer? Is there a way to speed up this process? I read somewhere that the dealer can mark the car as "hot"?
I answered your questions in the PM, but for others, you can mark the car as “HOT” once it is offloaded from the train. It can sit there as little as a few hours or it can take a week+ to make its way to the dealership. I’ve seen both.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,774
Status Update:

Congratulations 😀 😀 😀 😀

@shelbykr - Shipped Convoy

@BAD3NUF - Body Shop
No take backs this time. (y)

@woodw98 - Body Shop

@PerfectoGT - Sent Plant - In Production
Your VIN has been sent to the plant for production, next step, the Body Shop

@Ant2487 - Sent Plant - In Production

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
29 Posts
Status Update:

Congratulations 😀 😀 😀 😀

@BAD3NUF - Body Shop

@woodw98 - Body Shop

View attachment 207050 View attachment 207051
On this cold rainy Monday that's great news! Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 velocity blue GT500 base
4 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Status Update:

Congratulations 😀 😀 😀 😀

@BAD3NUF - Body Shop

@woodw98 - Body Shop

love what I’m reading

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Coming Soon Base FP Blue, 2017 Mustang Gt TT, 2004 Mustang GT, 2015 Ram 2500
21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,779

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Coming Soon Base FP Blue, 2017 Mustang Gt TT, 2004 Mustang GT, 2015 Ram 2500
21 Posts
I just talked to NOAH at FP ([email protected]) and he confirmed that your car and Bill's (@woodw98) car were sent to the Body Shop last Thursday, so they should roll off the assembly line tomorrow or Wednesday.
Can I pick it up at the plant Wednesday? LOL! Thanks Earl, Tim, Anthony, and Noah

1761 - 1780 of 1859 Posts