Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1518 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,065 Posts
Yes sir , order was placed 7/5/2019.
Damn Maxfield! At least it's finally happening... it's going to be SOOOOO sweet when you finally drive it!

Reactions: Lou-Q

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,065 Posts
How can I get more details then the ford tracking website. I’d love to have an estimated delivery date View attachment 205654
Welcome to the forum Kane and congrats in advance on that Rapid Red beauty!

Earl, @Snoopy49, will hook you up with the best info he can still retrieve on the car.

In the meantime, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,485
Status Update:

Congratulations Joe 😀 😀 😀 😀

@joec - Trim Line

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,065 Posts
This shipping wait is killing me. It's been a week since it's been released. Is there any way to get it on a train quicker?
The delays and wait definitely suck when you have something so awesome like this inbound Lisa. Hang in there... it’s going to be fabulous! Here was my timeline for reference:

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime (with black stripes) GT500 on order
55 Posts
The delays and wait definitely suck when you have something so awesome like this inbound Lisa. Hang in there... it’s going to be fabulous! Here was my timeline for reference:

It definitely does suck. I didn't think it would sit for a week or more before it would get shipped though. I have an event on 9/27 and was really hoping it would be here before then, but at this rate it probably won't. :mad:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,065 Posts
It definitely does suck. I didn't think it would sit for a week or more before it would get shipped though. I have an event on 9/27 and was really hoping it would be here before then, but at this rate it probably won't. :mad:
Not sure how far from Michigan you live Lisa, but you can see my timeline. I would accept the fact that you will miss the event and just enjoy the process of tracking and receiving the new car. It’s easy to get flustered with all the delays, which spoils the fun. Just roll with the punches... it is going to be amazing once you get it. You’ll have years of events and fun in this EPIC car! Congrats again! I look forward to your pictures.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure how far from Michigan you live Lisa, but you can see my timeline. I would accept the fact that you will miss the event and just enjoy the process of tracking and receiving the new car. It’s easy to get flustered with all the delays, which spoils the fun. Just roll with the punches... it is going to be amazing once you get it. You’ll have years of events and fun in this EPIC car! Congrats again! I look forward to your pictures.
I'm in Northeast Nebraska, so closer than you! Lol. I'm also concerned about getting it before salt starts hitting the roads since it will be on an open transport from the Kansas City rail yard to here, which is about 300 miles.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,065 Posts
I'm in Northeast Nebraska, so closer than you! Lol. I'm also concerned about getting it before salt starts hitting the roads since it will be on an open transport from the Kansas City rail yard to here, which is about 300 miles.
I can’t imagine your roads getting salted before you take delivery, but if they do, your car will be high enough on the truck that it should not be affected. Just don’t drive it home through salt. Trailer it or wait for a clear/clean day. I suspect this won’t be an issue though Lisa.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can’t imagine your roads getting salted before you take delivery, but if they do, your car will be high enough on the truck that it should not be affected. Just don’t drive it home through salt. Trailer it or wait for a clear/clean day. I suspect this won’t be an issue though Lisa.
We have gotten snow in October before...(n) Western Nebraska had snow last week.
It must be nice living in those warm southern states that don't know what snow is!! :p:ROFLMAO:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,065 Posts
We have gotten snow in October before...(n) Western Nebraska had snow last week.
It must be nice living in those warm southern states that don't know what snow is!! :p:ROFLMAO:
I grew up in northern Minnesota. I remember it vividly! With my job, I can chose where I live though and there was no going back to that climate once I got out of the military. I like our short and mild winters.

Don’t forget to use “Slippery Mode” when you are driving home through the deep snow. The splitter should make for a good snow plow Lisa.:p😜

Reactions: TomLake and lisam21

·
Registered
55 Posts
I grew up in northern Minnesota. I remember it vividly! With my job, I can chose where I live though and there was no going back to that climate once I got out of the military. I like our short and mild winters.

Don’t forget to use “Slippery Mode” when you are driving home through the deep snow. The splitter should make for a good snow plow Lisa.:p😜
Haha! I don't blame you. I don't enjoy the weather here at all and I've lived here all my life. Definitely won't be driving it in the winter! I have an F-150 for that. ;)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,065 Posts
Haha! I don't blame you. I don't enjoy the weather here at all and I've lived here all my life. Definitely won't be driving it in the winter! I have an F-150 for that. ;)
We have a lot in common Lisa, other than you being a girl and I being a dude! :cool:😜

I drive an F150 when the weather isn’t cooperating as well.

Reactions: lisam21

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I understand and a lot of us understand what Lisa is going through. But, this as one person told me, the experience we will remember and how we earn our “merit badge” of finally being the owner of a fantastic machine. I say enjoy the process, track your car, call Noah, and my personal favorite read now the on line manual for car and watch Tim’s (Mr. Goose) videos. You’ll get a jump start on features of the car. Be sure to not forget about us as we want pictures! Still trying to best my 3.6 0-60!

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,499
Anything I should be doing to expedite the shipment?
There nothing you can do that will speed up the process until it has been shipped and arrives at the railyard. If it is going by truck, you will just have to wait until it is delivered.

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 CFTP. FPB w/ white painted stripes
9 Posts
There nothing you can do that will speed up the process until it has been shipped and arrives at the railyard. If it is going by truck, you will just have to wait until it is delivered.
It’s rail to KC and then truck. I will wait patiently! Thanks

1481 - 1500 of 1518 Posts