Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

901 - 920 of 951 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thank you Tim I have it, dealer sent me rail car number today Monday I shoot him a email

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
Status Update:

Congratulations Quentin 😀 😀 😀 😀

@Quentin -
Received by Body Company (Penske)

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Reactions: Quentin and Goose17

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #905
Status Update:

Congratulations 😀 😀 😀 😀

@Sovine - Body Shop

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2020 GT 500 RAPID RED-- ON ORDER
6 Posts
ATTENTION:

This is a heads-up for those with cars at the plant and those waiting for VINs.

The Flat Rock Plant will be closed next week, Aug 3rd to the 7th for its normal summer break and will reopen on Aug 10th.

I don't expect to see any more VINs issued until after the 10th, but that doesn't means I won't be looking.

All the cars that are "In Transit" will still be moving down the track or the road and will continue to be tracked and updated.

I will still be checking all the members VINs daily, just in case any of the cars that have been Released or Received - Awaiting Shipment get shipped out.
You would think that with Ford being so behind in orders and the fact that the plant was closed for almost 2 months, there would not be a "vacation" shutdown.-- Unless they are retooling for the 2021 models!?!

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #907
You would think that with Ford being so behind in orders and the fact that the plant was closed for almost 2 months, there would not be a "vacation" shutdown.-- Unless they are retooling for the 2021 models!?!
It is just their summer break. Welcome to the Union.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #909 (Edited)
Status Update:

Congratulations Steve 😀 😀 😀 😀

@stwool - Shipped Rail

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #911
Status Update:

Congratulations Rick 😀 😀 😀 😀 :):):):)

@Ricksvt - Arrived Rail
Your car has arrived at the end of the rail and is waiting to be unloaded and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #912
Status Update:

Congratulations Stan 😀 😀 😀 😀

@Stan's GT - Arrived Rail

You car has arrived at the end of the rail and is waiting to get unloaded and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer.
Call your dealer and ask him to expedite the shipment.
dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
FYI for anyone using Ford’s tracking site... it is horribly inaccurate! It shows my car getting delivered in 2 days, but it is still at Penske for painted stripes. It also shows it getting delivered to the ordering dealer up in the northeast versus the dealer that is receiving it in TX.

·
Registered
Magnetic metallic CFTP painted black roof painted black stripes
48 Posts
Emailed Noah today (as he instructed) to see what he had to say about where my car was On the line, he informed me LIKE EARL DID, that it was at body shop and was scheduled to be built August 13- one day after my “scheduled” build day.....! My hope is that Penske catches up this week - and here’s a dumb question- why are they putting wing on BEFORE it goes to Penske ?
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #915 (Edited)
Emailed Noah today (as he instructed) to see what he had to say about where my car was On the line, he informed me LIKE EARL DID, that it was at body shop and was scheduled to be built August 13- one day after my “scheduled” build day.....! My hope is that Penske catches up this week - and here’s a dumb question- why are they putting wing on BEFORE it goes to Penske ?
Jim
Because when it is returned from Penske it is inspected and Released for shipment, no further work is required at the plant.

When it goes into the Mod department for the wing, wheels and rear seat delete kit, the trunk is drilled for the wing.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
here’s a dumb question- why are they putting wing on BEFORE it goes to Penske ?
I was shaking my head at this as well. It would have been easy to simply bolt on the wing after getting the stripes painted.

I wish you luck with your car. I don’t see Penske “catching up” any time soon. Expect about a month there. My car got the CF wheels and wing on Jul 10th, which is the last step before Penske.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #917
Status Update:

Congratulations Stan 😀 😀 😀 😀

@Stan's GT - Received - In Transit

You car has been unloaded from the railcar and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer.
Call your dealer and ask him to expedite the shipment.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

901 - 920 of 951 Posts