Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

861 - 880 of 951 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Do vinyl stripes go to Penske also or just painted ones?
Vinyl stripes are done in house at Ford Lisa.
Magnetic metallic - black painted roof- painted stripes- CFTP- which leaves only one question- with the painted black roof, it should only take half the time at Penske ? 😬
You should put your vehicle info in your profile (shows under avatar) or in your signature so we know what car you are talking about.

Reactions: lisam21

·
Registered
Magnetic metallic CFTP painted black roof painted black stripes
48 Posts
This work?
Not sure what avatar is
Jim

·
Registered
Magnetic metallic CFTP painted black roof painted black stripes
48 Posts
Sorry for all that - i think I’ve done what Tim asked me to do (with the help of my 20 year old daughter)
Jim

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Performance Blue, black stripes
8 Posts
I’m seriously dying. I waited patiently for 18 months, 13 months since I paid my deposit and now my car has been sitting for 11 days since complete waiting for a ride.
I can do it. I can do it. I will survive.
No trains heading west? Ahh.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Steve

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Whatever you did for this attachment didn’t work. Use the square picture upload icon to upload pics. You can also click your upper right avatar/account settings/signature and upload a signature picture that then shows at the bottom of your posts.
Sorry for all that - i think I’ve done what Tim asked me to do (with the help of my 20 year old daughter)
Jim
Success! Your car info is now displayed below your avatar (screen name pic).
I’m seriously dying. I waited patiently for 18 months, 13 months since I paid my deposit and now my car has been sitting for 11 days since complete waiting for a ride.
I can do it. I can do it. I will survive.
No trains heading west? Ahh.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Steve
Hang in there Steve! You are almost there... it’s going to be AWESOME! 🤟

Reactions: GTLife

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #869 (Edited)
Status Updates:

Congratulations Brent, Stan and Steve 😀 😀 😀 😀

@saleenrose - Shipped from Plant

@Stan's GT - Shipped from Plant

@stwool - Received - In Transit
Your car has been received by a carrier.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Reactions: Goose17 and GTLife

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Performance Blue, black stripes
8 Posts

·
Registered
Base, Magnetic, painted black Racing Stripe, Technology Package.
37 Posts
mine is 50 minutes away. Waiting on a final ride to my dealership... they said they will be delivering it monday!

·
Registered
17 GT350R, 2020 GT500 CFTP on order
49 Posts
mine is 50 minutes away. Waiting on a final ride to my dealership... they said they will be delivering it monday!
Sad thing is you could go to Uhaul and rent a car hauler for $50 for the day and have It today!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 on order, 2015 50th GT Conv.,39 Caddy Cp, 67 Caddy conv, 67 Vette roadster.
120 Posts
Glad you got the stripes. We have a base magnetic with stripes ordered, but was not sure we would get them. They said that painted stripes were "Golden Ticket" only.
Lou

·
Registered
2020 GT500 on order, 2015 50th GT Conv.,39 Caddy Cp, 67 Caddy conv, 67 Vette roadster.
120 Posts
Does anyone know how many GT500 are built per day?
Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
115 Posts
Woo hoo we are on the move

Thank You Earl

·
Registered
Base, Magnetic, painted black Racing Stripe, Technology Package.
37 Posts
Glad you got the stripes. We have a base magnetic with stripes ordered, but was not sure we would get them. They said that painted stripes were "Golden Ticket" only.
Lou
Right!? I asked and they said they have to deliver it to the dealer. My dealer said he would go with and they still said no.
Mine was a non golden ticket and still got the stripes. Im pretty happy i did too!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,574 Posts
Right!? I asked and they said they have to deliver it to the dealer. My dealer said he would go with and they still said no.
Mine was a non golden ticket and still got the stripes. Im pretty happy i did too!
Years ago, in the 80's, if you were friends with your dealer, he could send a salesman & passenger (you) over to the railyard where your car gets off loaded and parked in the lot awaiting a transport truck to load it and take it to the dealer. With the proper paperwork, the passenger (you) would then get to drive it back to the dealership where they would do a quick PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and the car was yours! I did it a couple times. However, the Unions, who represent the transport drivers, complained that this procedure prevented the drivers from getting paid to transport your long awaited car so all dealerships were no longer allowed to pick up cars from the rail-yards. That's what happened in Jessup, Md. I have no doubt it is the same reason that applies all the other rail-yards in all States. It's all about money, boys and girls!

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #879
Status Update:

Congratulations Jeff 😀 😀 😀 😀

@Iconic500 -
Released to Body Company (Penske)

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Reactions: Goose17