Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,603 Posts

·
Registered
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
There is a potential fly in the ointment, the railroad and trucking companies. I have been monitoring the movement of GT500's at Flat Rock that have been released or received for shipment. There have been no shipments since the middle of March. I am thinking that this is just the very tip of the iceberg. If I am right, there are a lot of Mustangs waiting to be shipped. Evidently shipping new cars was not considered essential business. It may take some time to clear the log jam.
Has anyone seen any dates for the lock down to lifted on the railroads and trucking companies, especially in MI?

·
Registered
2003 Lone Star LSC427 Cobra replica, 2020 GT500
7 Posts
If my car is at Penske waiting for painted stripes will it be shipped from Penske or does it go back to flat rock? How do you find a new delivery date? My dealer hasn’t been able to find any new dates my original delivery date was April 14. On Ford.com when I enter my VIN the delivery date still shows April 14

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
If my car is at Penske waiting for painted stripes will it be shipped from Penske or does it go back to flat rock? How do you find a new delivery date? My dealer hasn’t been able to find any new dates my original delivery date was April 14. On Ford.com when I enter my VIN the delivery date still shows April 14
Go to the Ford Performance website during the week... a chat function pops into the right side of the screen. They will give you the latest info, but they might only have a build date, which yours has come and gone. The date is when the car rolls off the assembly line. The Penske stop happens after the build date if I remember correctly. I’m pretty sure the car goes back to the plant afterwards and gets loaded on a rail car from there. Earl May have more details on all of this.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
The car will be returned to the plant, where it will be released for shipment.
As far as delivery dates go, there is no way of calculating that until the car is actually moving down the track or the road. If you plan to rely on the ETA before then, it will drive you nuts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered: 8/14/2019
Cedar Town, Georgia
Track Pack, Shadow black, painted OTT oxford white stripes, technology package, black logo'd car cover.
Quentin,
How long did it take to get a vin after unscheduled/clean?
We ordered ours 8/13/2019 and went to clean last week.
Lou

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Cedar Town, Georgia
Track Pack, Shadow black, painted OTT oxford white stripes, technology package, black logo'd car cover.
Welcome to the forum Quentin! Congrats in advance on your 2020! 🤟

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
I received my VIN on March 27th. I still show in processing on the Ford website.
Share your VIN here or send it VIA pm to @Snoopy49. Earl will keep you updated on your status, better than what you’ll find on the Ford site.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Cedar Town, Georgia
Hi Quentin
Welcome to FordGT500.com and the list.
Do you have the scheduled build day?
Earl

·
Registered
11 Posts
June 1st was the last I heard from the dealer. I'm not even sure he was certain on the 1st. June may have been as specific as he could be.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
I just found out it is July 16th. Congratulations. Check post #1 and look for your VIN and let me know if anything needs to be changed.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Does anyone know who has VIN 2084? PM me if you do.
Thanks

381 - 400 of 411 Posts