Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 411 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,603 Posts
As I stated a couple days ago, I have pretty solid info that Ford has no intentions of opening the Flat Rock plant before June 1st at the absolute earliest... hope this isn’t true, but unfortunately I think there’s a good chance it is.
I’ve heard May 28th, which is about the same... we shall see!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope it's true that they will be opening soon. I have a CFTP vehicle that was supposed to have been built a week or so before the shut down then it was moved to mid-April then May 29th and now its been moved to June 16th. I'm ready for it to be here so I can park in next to my Demon and have 1600 stock hp in the garage.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
I hope it's true that they will be opening soon. I have a CFTP vehicle that was supposed to have been built a week or so before the shut down then it was moved to mid-April then May 29th and now its been moved to June 16th. I'm ready for it to be here so I can park in next to my Demon and have 1600 stock hp in the garage.
Welcome to the forum! How cool will a CFTP GT500 parked next to a Demon be!?!?! That will be quite the sight!

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Demon, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Salesman texted me today and gave me a build date of July 11
Congrats on the date Stan!

I used Ford Performance’s online chat feature earlier today and was given the exact July 11th build date. It takes a couple weeks to get in/out of the mod shop and a couple more weeks to get delivered to TX. If the schedule remains unchanged, I’m looking at mid Aug for delivery.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
So I would be looking early Aug? I think my date is going to change again lol
If you are getting vinyl stripes, expect about a week to get in/out of the mod shop (assuming they aren’t backed up). Painted stripes add time and shipping varies depending on how far you are from MI. I was told it takes about 2 weeks from release to arrival at my TX dealership.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Nice to know mine wasn’t the only one that took nearly eight months. I ordered it back in August and had all but given up on it when it hadn’t arrived before the Kung Flu knocked FRAP offline when it showed up at the local railhead, having made it out the door in the nick of time.

By my reckoning, about 1,550 have been built so far. Does anyone happen to know when MY2020 GT500 builds actually started?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Nice to know mine wasn’t the only one that took nearly eight months. I ordered it back in August and had all but given up on it when it hadn’t arrived before the Kung Flu knocked FRAP offline when it showed up at the local railhead, having made it out the door in the nick of time.

By my reckoning, about 1,550 have been built so far. Does anyone happen to know when MY2020 GT500 builds actually started?
Congrats on your 2020! Have you posted a pic of it here? What color/options did you get?

From memory, I believe the 1st cars were built in the beginning of Nov. I got mine mid Dec and it was one of the 1st hundred to be delivered.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
Factory ordered cars started in Sept 2019 and Retail/Stock orders started in Oct 2019. The Oct built cars were some of the last cars delivered because of needed updates at the plant. In this case being first wasn't as good as it sounded.

·
Registered
Grabber Lime / Black Stripes / Black Roof / Recaro / Exposed Carbon Dash / Handling Package
11 Posts
Just got word this morning my build date got bumped AGAIN from May 27th to June 24th. (n)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Just got word this morning my build date got bumped AGAIN from May 27th to June 24th. (n)
Sorry for the bad news Mark, but with the plant scheduled to open on May 28th, the 27th was not going to happen. Once you get your amazing beast, the pain of the wait will all be forgotten.

·
Registered
Grabber Lime / Black Stripes / Black Roof / Recaro / Exposed Carbon Dash / Handling Package
11 Posts
Flat Rock is opening the 25th but regardless it doesn't matter. Anyone know what the average time has been from build date to dealer delivery? I know this is largely dependent on car options, shipping company, and such... just trying to get a ball park idea. Considering throwing in the towel on this and picking up a 05 Ford GT instead.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,603 Posts
Flat Rock is opening the 25th but regardless it doesn't matter. Anyone know what the average time has been from build date to dealer delivery? I know this is largely dependent on car options, shipping company, and such... just trying to get a ball park idea. Considering throwing in the towel on this and picking up a 05 Ford GT instead.
Ahh yes... you are correct about the 25th... had to look it up.

The time frame from your build date to delivery varies. Working from pre-shutdown info, vinyl stripes can add a week or so. Painted stripes can add a couple weeks. Shipping depends on where you are. It takes 2 weeks on average to reach me in TX.

I am looking at about a month from build date to delivery.

361 - 380 of 411 Posts