Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

641 - 660 of 693 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
It shipped on the 11th. It didn't arrive until a couple days ago. My car was built the same week as others who got their cars pretty fast.

I'm hoping you got the dates mixed up and mine isn't on hold. Plan is to drop my trailer on the way up North for Christmas and hope for the best.
Status Updates:

Congratulations Allen

@als20GT500 - Received In Transit
Car was received by trucking company for delivery to your dealer.

View attachment 195255 View attachment 195255
My car has been sitting at the Trucking company in Jackson , MS for 7 days which is only 150 miles from my dealer. I know it has been New Years week but I still would like to know when they are going to deliver to the dealer. Thank you

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,074 Posts
My car has been sitting at the Trucking company in Jackson , MS for 7 days which is only 150 miles from my dealer. I know it has been New Years week but I still would like to know when they are going to deliver to the dealer. Thank you
Call your dealer and have them inquire. Times vary wildly. My car was put on a truck the same day it arrived at the dealer. Others have been held at the rail yard for updates/repairs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Call your dealer and have them inquire. Times vary wildly. My car was put on a truck the same day it arrived at the dealer. Others have been held at the rail yard for updates/repairs.
Tim,

I have called my dealer yesterday but I haven't heard back so he probably has no news. I will be calling him again by Monday.

By the way Tim, you probably don't remember but OUR cars had an original production date of OCT 7. Race Red , Top & side stripes, technology & handling package.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #644

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,074 Posts
By the way Tim, you probably don't remember but OUR cars had an original production date of OCT 7. Race Red , Top & side stripes, technology & handling package.
Yes, I do remember. I had ordered my personalized plate to arrive prior to my first scheduled ETA. I ended up getting the plate for a couple months before the car finally arrived.

The cars got built in sequence, but updates and mod shop slots got them all out of sync for shipping. My car is #253, but was one of the 1st hundred to be delivered.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
ATTENTION:
Anyone who has not had their cars produced and are still Scheduled with a build date, please check the list in Post #1 and see if the last scheduled update is correct. If it is not, please let me know so I can update the list.
Thanks
Earl

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got some good news. They are now saying it will be at the dealer by Saturday morning
KENB,

Just curious if you ever found out what the hold up was on your car. My car has been with the trucking company for 8 days & my dealer does not know what the hold is. A reply would be appreciated.

Al

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
KENB,
Just curious if you ever found out what the hold up was on your car. My car has been with the trucking company for 8 days & my dealer does not know what the hold is. A reply would be appreciated.
Al
Your car is probably waiting for a full truckload. It does not appear to be one of the cars affected by the inspection. Plus you have to factor in all the Holiday interruptions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone anyone received their car that needed the inspection at rail yard? Mine has been sitting in Boston rail for three weeks, can't get any answers.
Thanks Todd

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
Has anyone anyone received their car that needed the inspection at rail yard? Mine has been sitting in Boston rail for three weeks, can't get any answers.
Thanks Todd
What was your shipment date?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,074 Posts
It was shipped 12-7 and arrived in Boston 12-15. Rail yard manager said the car has a do not start order? Go figure.
Well crap! Sorry about the painful delay. Ford is being tight-lipped about it. I personally haven’t seen any cars released from this rail yard hold around the web yet.

Once it gets resolved and your car arrives, all the BS will quickly be forgotten with a spirited run.

On another note, welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well crap! Sorry about the painful delay. Ford is being tight-lipped about it. I personally haven’t seen any cars released from this rail yard hold around the web yet.

Once it gets resolved and your car arrives, all the BS will quickly be forgotten with a spirited run.

On another note, welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

Thank you very much I appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
It was shipped 12-7 and arrived in Boston 12-15. Rail yard manager said the car has a do not start order? Go figure.
Your car is one of the chosen, if it had been shipped 2 days later you may have been able to dodge that bullet. I haven't heard of any timeline as to when the inspections will be completed, only that they have already begun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your car is one of the chosen, if it had been shipped 2 days later you may have been able to dodge that bullet. I haven't heard of any timeline as to when the inspections will be completed, only that they have already begun.
WOW, my luck LOL! Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it. I guess all it would do it sit in my garage till spring, 2' of snow here in Northern Maine.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #656
Status Updates:

Congratulations Allen
:dance:

@als20GT500 - Shipped Convoy

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #659
Status Updates:

Congratulations (y)(y)(y)(y)

@Rsantima - Shipped Convoy
My guess is that the car is on it's way to your dealer for delivery.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
Status Update:

Congratulations Allen (y)(y)(y)(y)

@als20GT500 - PRE-DELIVERED !!!!!!!!!!

It ain't delivered until it's delivered. Looking forward to those postings.
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

641 - 660 of 693 Posts