Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Would you go with Xpel Stealth Paint Protection on a Kona Blue GT500? Or should I go with the Ultimate +?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very familiar with Suntek. My friend is a Xpel dealer & I am also a Xpel share holder. I will be receiving a ceramic coating so Xpel is not an issue. In California everyone pretty much goes with Xpel. Would you go with Ultimate Plus or Stealth?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
Wish I could offer advice, but I went with Suntek on my 1st 2020 and will be doing the same on #2.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish I could offer advice, but I went with Suntek on my 1st 2020 and will be doing the same on #2.
The Suntek
Suntek has a similar Matte film as well. On my old ZL1 I had all my Carbon fiber parts protected with Suntek. Their Hydro Resist Top layer weared off in about 7 months. After roughly 15 car washes I noticed the hydrophobic properties started to wear off.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
The Suntek

Suntek has a similar Matte film as well. On my old ZL1 I had all my Carbon fiber parts protected with Suntek. Their Hydro Resist Top layer weared off in about 7 months. After roughly 15 car washes I noticed the hydrophobic properties started to wear off.
Curious if you also had a ceramic coating over the Suntek?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curious if you also had a ceramic coating over the Suntek?
No. Please note my Car is a daily driver. The Carbon fiber rockers was the most notable part that starting to lose its hydrophobic properties. The Protection film on the Carbon Fiber Wang held in for a few more months.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,634 Posts
Shiny is my vote. I think the only time I would do matte is if the car had a matte paint to begin with.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Today I looked at my buddy's 2019 ZO6 and he has the Xpel with ceramic coating on top and it looked amazing. I had called the guy that did his car the day before and we talk about doing my car he gave me a price on a full wrap with ceramic coating on top and ceramic coating on all wheels and calipers $5895 with paint correction. So we took a ride to his place Euro Motorsport nice clean place and nothing but hi end vehicle's (Premier Automotive Facility | New Jersey | Eurotech Motorsports) I watched them do 1 panel they remove all emblems and door handles it looked really nice when he was finished. So I think I'm going to go with Xpel and the reason is 1 this place does nice work they also cut each panel extra long to wrap around edges they also say Xpel has a better warranty and the film is a little bit thicker and last is the price sounds ready good

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Today I looked at my buddy's 2019 ZO6 and he has the Xpel with ceramic coating on top and it looked amazing. I had called the guy that did his car the day before and we talk about doing my car he gave me a price on a full wrap with ceramic coating on top and ceramic coating on all wheels and calipers $5895 with paint correction. So we took a ride to his place Euro Motorsport nice clean place and nothing but hi end vehicle's (Premier Automotive Facility | New Jersey | Eurotech Motorsports) I watched them do 1 panel they remove all emblems and door handles it looked really nice when he was finished. So I think I'm going to go with Xpel and the reason is 1 this place does nice work they also cut each panel extra long to wrap around edges they also say Xpel has a better warranty and the film is a little bit thicker and last is the price sounds ready good
When I was researching PPF, the consensus I saw was the films now are all fairly close to each other. The recommendation was to find the shop you want to go with and ask them which film they prefer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What this shop told me was they use to use Suntek and Xpel but the biggest reason they dropped Suntek was warranty now that was then and it could be different now and yes from what i read you are correct even 3M those are the top 3. Suntek has more water beed than Xpel but the ceramic coating will give me that water repellent. For NY I think I got a good price. Every place tells there own story can't believe everything you hear lol

·
Registered
2020 Kona Blue GT500
3 Posts
I got the Xpel+ with a Ceramic coating on my Kona Blue GT500 and I think it looks great. Very Shinny. Kona is a funny color. Sometimes it looks black then in the bright sunlight you really see the blue and metallic in the paint.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I was researching PPF, the consensus I saw was the films now are all fairly close to each other. The recommendation was to find the shop you want to go with and ask them which film they prefer.
Well I have seen this shops work as my buddy has had his car done there and I was able to look at his car closely and that made up my mind I was looking at the suntek and wasn't able to find a shop here that I could trust.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
I got the Xpel+ with a Ceramic coating on my Kona Blue GT500 and I think it looks great. Very Shinny. Kona is a funny color. Sometimes it looks black then in the bright sunlight you really see the blue and metallic in the paint.

View attachment 202275
Simply GORGEOUS! :love:

Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts