Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 GT500 vs C8 Z51

2020+ 
3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Carmine_GT500 
#1 ·
I think there have been a number of links to this article but the hard copy of Motortrend came in the mail yesterday and I thought these “sidebars” were interesting. What a car! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
What tires come on the Vette?

#6 ·
Yes, that plus 265 more horses.

#9 ·
I used to think so, but with a GT500 that starts in the mid 70K range and can go up to the 100k range with the CFTP, people will be cross shopping these two cars. That being said the Z06 will put the hurting on the GT500 CFTP when it comes out, just curious what it will end up at price wise.

#11 ·
CFTP vs C8 Z06 (or whatever they are going to call that version) is the matchup I’m waiting for. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm thinking the C8 Z06 and the GT500 CFTP may be neck and neck. Ford seems to have dialed in getting horsepower to the ground, hp to weight ratio, etc, etc.. Will Chevy be able to do the same w/ the Z06? I don't know. But I know it's going to be fun to watch! (y)

#16 ·
As much as I respect the capabilities of the CFTP GT500, I don't see it standing a chance against the new mid-engine Z06. If I had to make a guess, Chevy is going to target the 488GTB for laptimes with the Z06 and the 488 Pista with the eventual ZR1. With significantly less weight, a better front to rear balance, and vastly superior traction (remember we still haven't seen a C8 on a tire as sticky as the Pilot Sport Cup 2 yet) it's going to be a supercar killer in my opinion.

#17 ·
Mavisky, agree 100%. GM didn't upend 57 (?) years of design tradition to JUST match a Mustang, notwithstanding that it's a super-ultimate (does that make sense?) Mustang. They're going after the big Euro dogs.

That all being said....and it's been said before...what an awesome time in performance-automotive history we live in.

Reactions: Goose17
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.