Goose17
Ordered 2/6/20
Rapid Red
Painted OTT stripes
CFTP
Tech pack
Red car cover
Being drop shipped to TX from the NE.
What color stripes did you go with, White or Black?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,625 Posts
OK, so what am i missing, I ordered my CFTP 7 MONTHS AGO, July 19 2019, put a hefty deposit down, three days ago I’m told by Noah that production has been suspended until March because tires cracking in freezing weather and “Lou” orders one today and it’s being shipped.... WTF? I place my order same day as another guy in Nashville- he’s had his since January 13.....
I’m loosing faith in my fellow mankind, or at least FORD MOTOR Corporation.....
Can anyone give me a logical explanation
Not sure this helps, but I ordered a non-CFTP car on July 15th and still don’t have a VIN. The wait is very, very difficult.
I totally get it about the frustration over the wait. Take comfort in there are many across the forums and Facebook in the same boat. It all comes down to the regional reps. These cars are not built in order placed sequence. The regional reps move cars up/down in the list. How or why it’s done is a mystery. The CFTP cars have the biggest delay since they are affected by 2 forces... Ford is throttling them (slowly) through production due to slow availability of the CF bits as well as limited slots at Penske to get the cars modded and (painted) striped. The other force is the shutdown that affected the CFTP cars due to the SC2 tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes it is, let’s hope we get them SOON !!! I guess I should Be more optimistic, however, as you mentioned the wait is difficult when I’m seeing them pop up all over the inter web - which baffles me why there are CFTP popping up out there, one other thing i have Noticed and I’m guessing snoopy can probably answer this, I’m seeing on this forum some were able to get carbon cluster/instrument panel? Black painted roof? And can anyone tell me if i got The over the top painted stripes does that mean I’ll have the two stripes on the sides as well? I’m going to attach my order sheet with this post (if I’m smart enough) oh and one more last thing I DID NOT PAY MSRP 🤬
20k over hoping that would mean i would Get it sooner than later, silly me

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,625 Posts
Yes it is, let’s hope we get them SOON !!! I guess I should Be more optimistic, however, as you mentioned the wait is difficult when I’m seeing them pop up all over the inter web - which baffles me why there are CFTP popping up out there, one other thing i have Noticed and I’m guessing snoopy can probably answer this, I’m seeing on this forum some were able to get carbon cluster/instrument panel? Black painted roof? And can anyone tell me if i got The over the top painted stripes does that mean I’ll have the two stripes on the sides as well? I’m going to attach my order sheet with this post (if I’m smart enough) oh and one more last thing I DID NOT PAY MSRP 🤬
20k over hoping that would mean i would Get it sooner than later, silly me View attachment 196545
I’d call $20k to $30k the normal ADM on the CFTP cars. I’ve seen a little lower (very rarely) and I’ve seen much higher. ADMs do not affect speed of delivery.

As for the painted OTT stripes, you cannot get the side stripes with that option. Side stripes are vinyl only and Ford won’t mix vinyl and paint.

CF dash is including with the CFTP and is an option for the other cars. I have it on my base car... it’s nice.

The painted black roof is available as an option on any of the cars.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
THANK YOU GOOSE- huge insight there, sure wish i had Known about the black roof at time of ordering, it was never ever even mentioned to me and i assumed It was going to be like my 350, again silly me for assuming- again thanks for the helpful insight, I’d love to have black top, but NO WAY would i attempt To change my order now, unless you think Noah could make that happen since i still Have no VIN....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,625 Posts
THANK YOU GOOSE- huge insight there, sure wish i had Known about the black roof at time of ordering, it was never ever even mentioned to me and i assumed It was going to be like my 350, again silly me for assuming- again thanks for the helpful insight, I’d love to have black top, but NO WAY would i attempt To change my order now, unless you think Noah could make that happen since i still Have no VIN....
If I recall correctly, you can submit changes while still in unscheduled-material hold. Once you get a VIN, you are locked. Call your dealer tomorrow to have them submit the change. Then call FP to have them confirm the update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GTLife
Ordered: 1/14
Rapid Red
Tech Pack
Handling Pack
CFIP
Gray Cover
Ordered from IA dealer, I’m located in VA

Note: Noah told me last week that mine should be on the schedule in a week or two. I’m calling back next week. He also mentioned that production could be anytime from July to December. I’m hoping for July!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So it was my understanding they were only going to produce 5,000?
3,750 base
1,250 CFTP
Is this true or are they building more than previously mentioned?
Goose....? You’re my go to guy now, lol
I hope I’m not too annoying- just anxious

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,625 Posts
GTLife
Ordered: 1/14
Rapid Red
Tech Pack
Handling Pack
CFIP
Gray Cover
Ordered from IA dealer, I’m located in VA

Note: Noah told me last week that mine should be on the schedule in a week or two. I’m calling back next week. He also mentioned that production could be anytime from July to December. I’m hoping for July!!
Welcome to the forum! You are going to love the car and Rapid Red is phenomenal!

If you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

So it was my understanding they were only going to produce 5,000?
3,750 base
1,250 CFTP
Is this true or are they building more than previously mentioned?
Goose....? You’re my go to guy now, lol
I hope I’m not too annoying- just anxious
I have not seen anything to the contrary. I don’t think the numbers have changed from the initial announcement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well... just talked to my dealership and was told “nope, don’t see where we can add a painted black roof” so I’ve put in a call to Noah and now waiting on a return call

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well... just talked to my dealership and was told “nope, don’t see where we can add a painted black roof” so I’ve put in a call to Noah and now waiting on a return call
If your car is still Unscheduled, then you can change anything you want to change.
Here is the order guide, show it to your dealer and ask him why the painted roof can't be added to your order. Nothing in the order guide exempts the painted roof when you choose the CFTP option.

Painted Black Roof
Note: Not available with Shadow Black (G1)
Option Code: 94B

2020 Shelby GT350® and Shelby® GT500 Order Guide With Price List and Color Chart.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks snoopy, i did speak to Noah who assured it was possible then spoke with dealer again, he went to the “old form” and ah ha it was an option after all.... so with that being said he was able to change it to black roof !!!
I hope I’ts the right descision
Here’s my build
Magnetic metallic
PAINTED OTS (Black)
Black roof
CFTP
Technology package
Black cover
It has officially been changed !
Again, i hope It’s the right call - any thoughts ? Hoping to have a one of a kind 😬

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,625 Posts
Thanks snoopy, i did speak to Noah who assured it was possible then spoke with dealer again, he went to the “old form” and ah ha it was an option after all.... so with that being said he was able to change it to black roof !!!
I hope I’ts the right descision
Here’s my build
Magnetic metallic
PAINTED OTS (Black)
Black roof
CFTP
Technology package
Black cover
It has officially been changed !
Again, i hope It’s the right call - any thoughts ? Hoping to have a one of a kind 😬
That’s going to be a cool-ass combo! 🤟

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
ATTENTION:

Ford just added over 400 new VINS today. Check with your dealer and see if yours is one of them.
Good luck

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Is yours one of them yet Earl?
Thanks for asking, I got mine on 01/16 and it is scheduled for 02/25. Hopefully I will be driving that puppy in the middle of March.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts