Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They must have changed something. I got word right away that the initial order was rejected. This was waaay before I got a VIN. We simply resubmitted the order without the 2 controlled items and got feedback right away that the order was accepted.
That may have more to do with the dealers Rep rather than Ford. I don't know if the Reps can view the dealers order, but if they can, your dealers Rep may have seen the problem and mentioned it to your dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They must have changed something. I got word right away that the initial order was rejected. This was waaay before I got a VIN. We simply resubmitted the order without the 2 controlled items and got feedback right away that the order was accepted.
Well up to now it has not been rejected.
Lou

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Today was a good day, the tracking website is back on line and there are 121 new VINs. Time for all you Unscheduled people to call your dealer or Noah at FP (800-367-3788 Option 1) and get an update.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
988 Posts
I plan to call Monday. Thanks Earl. Noah had said to call 1st week of February.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,436 Posts
I called today. Still unscheduled / material hold.
We ordered it August 13th
Lou
Base or CFTP? The CFTP cars are being throttled (slowed) through the plant a little here and a little there since the CF parts and painted stripes are limited.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was told today by Noah they have ceased production and won’t begin until March because the pilot sport 2 tires don’t like the cold weather in Michigan.... REALLY?!?!? FP has stopped production because of the tires? Placed my order in June 2019 and put hefty deposit down the day we filled out build sheet.... i opted For EVERY option carbon, painted stripes, tech package..... anyone else buying that answer?

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yep, that's the truth. CFTP production is set to start in Mar, Base cars are being produced as we speak. The order banks opened on July 1.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Base or CFTP? The CFTP cars are being throttled (slowed) through the plant a little here and a little there since the CF parts and painted stripes are limited.
We ordered the OTT painted stripes and up to now we have not been rejected.
We are also on unscheduled / material hold with an order date of August 13th.
Lou

·
Registered
19 Posts
So obviously some dealerships have preferential treatment, i found Out today the same day i placed My order at Wyatt Johnson ford, another guy in the nashville area ordered his from two rivers ford.... well he got his on January 13.... and yes it is CFTP

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Here we go again Earl!

Goose17
Ordered 2/6/20
Rapid Red
Painted OTT stripes
CFTP
Tech pack
Red car cover
Being drop shipped to TX from the NE.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,436 Posts
Congratulations,
It will make a nice pair!
Lou
I sold the other one today, but I will be keeping it for awhile and driving it up to 500 miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, so what am i missing, I ordered my CFTP 7 MONTHS AGO, July 19 2019, put a hefty deposit down, three days ago I’m told by Noah that production has been suspended until March because tires cracking in freezing weather and “Lou” orders one today and it’s being shipped.... WTF? I place my order same day as another guy in Nashville- he’s had his since January 13.....
I’m loosing faith in my fellow mankind, or at least FORD MOTOR Corporation.....
Can anyone give me a logical explanation

·
Registered
47 Posts
I didn
OK, so what am i missing, I ordered my CFTP 7 MONTHS AGO, July 19 2019, put a hefty deposit down, three days ago I’m told by Noah that production has been suspended until March because tires cracking in freezing weather and “Lou” orders one today and it’s being shipped.... WTF? I place my order same day as another guy in Nashville- he’s had his since January 13.....
I didn't order one today, we ordered ours August 13th and we are still "unscheduled/material hold. We also put a large deposit on it.
That was Goose that ordered today.
Lou

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
59 Posts
Not sure this helps, but I ordered a non-CFTP car on July 15th and still don’t have a VIN. The wait is very, very difficult.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts