Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the day this past Friday in Charlotte NC at Ford Performance’s Racing School for the first class ever of the 2020 GT500 Track Attack! It was an absolutely AMAZING day! I took a bunch of video and pictures to document the event and after two days of editing and uploading, you can now see this event for yourself. I hope you have some time, this video is 1:51 long! I did the North American Track Tour in Vegas last Oct. I would call that event an “appetizer” with this one being the full 7-course meal!

For those of you that buy a GT500 or GT350, you absolutely MUST attend this event!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,936 Posts
Just watched your video on the other thread! Well done and very informative as to how the sessions go and the fun to be had! Guess I'm going to have to make arrangements to attend the GT350 portion of the program. It looks like too much fun to miss! Good video presentation, Tim!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just watched your video on the other thread! Well done and very informative as to how the sessions go and the fun to be had! Guess I'm going to have to make arrangements to attend the GT350 portion of the program. It looks like too much fun to miss! Good video presentation, Tim!
Thanks Mike! The event is nothing short of amazing... you have got to do this!

A nearly 2 hour video, wow! I plan to go in July; debating between watching this or going in without any knowledge / expectations :)
I would recommend watching the video Jason. It will show you exactly what you will be doing. I put the entire 3 sessions of the road course in this video to include the first one we did in the rain. Also included is the “pro ride” session at the end of the day which is absolutely NUTS! You can shorten your watch time if you skip some of the driving. Having said that, this video will teach you the track layout, which would be handy prior to getting on it.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Cars, experiences, offers sure are different than they were back in 2012....

Looks like a great time. @03reptile If you don't do a 350 program we'll shun you from the board.

·
Super Moderator
5,438 Posts
AWESOME!!! Great vid, Tim! That looked like a TON of fun. Do you get a second trip with your purchase of the CFTP edition?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AWESOME!!! Great vid, Tim! That looked like a TON of fun. Do you get a second trip with your purchase of the CFTP edition?
Thanks fletch! As for a second opportunity... not sure yet. If allowed, I'll be back!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Thanks fletch! As for a second opportunity... not sure yet. If allowed, I'll be back!
I take it since you were in uniform, you were able to hitch a FedEx ride out to Charlotte and save on commercial? Between that and the hotel points I'm sure you have, it's a no brainer to travel to go to it since it's "Free".

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I take it since you were in uniform, you were able to hitch a FedEx ride out to Charlotte and save on commercial? Between that and the hotel points I'm sure you have, it's a no brainer to travel to go to it since it's "Free".
I caught a free ride on American Airlines both ways and I just bought a hotel room versus trying to deal with points. My trip out to Charlotte was the craziest flight I had ever been on. There was an old crotchety flight attendant that got fired up with a couple of guys not wearing masks. I wont go into details in a public setting other than they had medical conditions and one was pulled off the flight by TSA. It got ugly and the captain wanted a debriefing from me post flight. I appreciated the free ride, so I kept my head down.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ford Performance Racing School put my video up on their FB page... I’m honored!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another video... not mine. There was a class again this past Monday.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

1 - 12 of 12 Posts