Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
@Goose17 Now that you've driven one is it worse, better or about what you expected?
I am absolutely FLOORED that this car can be purchased! The fact that it is street legal, meets emission standards and comes with a warranty is mind boggling!

I’ll post videos by tomorrow and I’ll post a full review on Tuesday.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Somehow after 6 MY's, 760 ( crank ) hp, better tires, & a line-lock, I would have expected more of an improvement than .2 sec. 0 to 60 times..
Ok Don... after spending considerable time in the car today, I have a much better reply to your statement. I eluded to it before, but 0-60 is a poor/inaccurate performance measurement for a car like this. I can’t give a review of my experience today until Tuesday, but one word sums up this car: BRUTAL! I will write a review on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Ok Don... after spending considerable time in the car today, I have a much better reply to your statement. I eluded to it before, but 0-60 is a poor/inaccurate performance measurement for a car like this. I can’t give a review of my experience today until Tuesday, but one word sums up this car: BRUTAL! I will write a review on Tuesday.
Agree it's a poor metric, but one they ALL post.
As the 2020 has about the same rwhp as your other Shelby, I'll be interested on your comments..

·
#1 Mike!
8,649 Posts
Wonderful write up and photos that I finally was able to get to pop up! So glad that you got to drive and view the car before taking delivery. That way you could cancel your order if you were disappointed! 😱 Sounds like they did their homework on this one!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Can't wait to hear the writeup tomorrow and start watching videos from all the reviewers who got their hands on one, but I'm still suffering from the image load problem. Makes it hard to follow along.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
I’ll alert @Administrator. Not sure what’s causing the issue.
This became a pretty photo intensive thread especially on the pages where you loaded a slew of pics. A few times I had to hit the reload button and then wait for the pictures to load. It took a while for sure.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
This became a pretty photo intensive thread especially on the pages where you loaded a slew of pics. A few times I had to hit the reload button and then wait for the pictures to load. It took a while for sure.
Yes, all the pics have loaded for me each time I’ve come to this thread, but I did have to hit reload once.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
I have't had issues with the photo's loading on my PC or phones. I suspect the ones having issues may have some network related challenges. I'm on fiber 300/300 so I very rarely have speed or latency issues.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Heading home after an EPIC adventure! The wife was leaning forward for a GPS signal navigating us back to the airport. I punched it off the line at a stop light setting her back in her seat. I told her that’s how I will be doing it from now on as an experienced drag racer! 🤣

I’ll post a video and review in the pics/vids section tomorrow.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Congrats Goose. Once in a lifetime opportunity.
Thanks BIG Nick. It was a huge adrenaline rush! I was honored to be a part of this car’s public debut. My review and video will get published tomorrow after the info embargo ends.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
My review and video are posted here:

·
Moderator Dude!
28,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I Bought a 2020 Shelby GT500! Chassis #27 to match out 2015 GT350R and Ford GT.
View attachment 193888
Welcome Lauren!

I watched your video earlier today... enjoyed the heck out of it! The 2020 is a different animal entirely! I’m looking forward to it.

I just found out a few minutes ago that my car went into production yesterday, which was earlier than I was last told by a couple of weeks!

One of our members (Earl) tracks all of the 2020s. He alerted me that mine went into production. Here is his thread:

You’ll find our new member area here if you are up to introducing yourself to the gang:

61 - 80 of 82 Posts