Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Koons Ford is ready to take your $! It is an early build car though... a VIN is already assigned.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,094 Posts
Paying ADM = stupid.
Paying $ 155,890.00 for a 2020 GT500 ups the level of stupid by a factor of 10..

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paying ADM = stupid.
Paying $ 155,890.00 for a 2020 GT500 ups the level of stupid by a factor of 10..
While not a fan of ADMs, I wouldn’t call paying them “stupid.” If there are MSRP deals to be had, then paying an ADM could be seen as stupid, but I haven’t come across an MSRP deal in quite awhile. I see nothing but ADMS that run the gamut of severity. If you want the car and have the means to pay the ransom, by all means, pay it. Otherwise you have to wait and hope Ford keeps making them and the hysteria dies down.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,530 Posts
Well, isn't that special !!!

So "they" want/asking $155,890.00 for an 'automatic' 2020 GT500...
Heck I'll now sell my; 6speed, Convertible, with more HP/TQ than there's with no ADM for less than half... Yes, less than half for a car that they can't produce... So the first with $70,113.42 gets the car !

PM me for where to send your check, money order or cash, and as soon as funds have cleared my bank arrangements will be made for picking up the car.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Typical Koon’s Ford. They did the same thing with the GT-350’s and really marked up the R Model and Bullett’s.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
I’m a car guy. If I had the disposable income, I would buy it. Why not? You can’t take it with you. And what’s the use of working hard for F-you money and not spend it?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m a car guy. If I had the disposable income, I would buy it. Why not? You can’t take it with you. And what’s the use of working hard for F-you money and not spend it?
Yes, I kind of agree. Opinions on this are slanted from one’s financial perspective. Take a different example. If a “Gucci” restaurant is selling a $50 cheeseburger, many would scoff at spending that much for a cheeseburger. Some, however, wouldn’t think twice about getting it. I wouldn’t call them stupid or a fool... their financial position is simply different. I personally would not pay that markup or get the $50 cheeseburger... I would rather spend my $ elsewhere. I don’t want to stop others from doing it if they so choose though. We live in a capitalistic society. A dealer can charge whatever the heck they want. If the car doesn’t sell, they will be forced to lower the price until it does.

Yes, $156k for a Mustang is shocking to most of us, but it might sell for that... who knows...?

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,530 Posts
....Yes, $156k for a Mustang is shocking to most of us, but it might sell for that... who knows...?
Outstanding !!!!

Then my offer of $70,113.42 for mine actually 'might sell'...
I'll even sweeten the deal with a short stack of fresh warm Pancakes w/butter & syrup!

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
Yes, I kind of agree. Opinions on this are slanted from one’s financial perspective. Take a different example. If a “Gucci” restaurant is selling a $50 cheeseburger, many would scoff at spending that much for a cheeseburger. Some, however, wouldn’t think twice about getting it. I wouldn’t call them stupid or a fool... their financial position is simply different. I personally would not pay that markup or get the $50 cheeseburger... I would rather spend my $ elsewhere. I don’t want to stop others from doing it if they so choose though. We live in a capitalistic society. A dealer can charge whatever the heck they want. If the car doesn’t sell, they will be forced to lower the price until it does.

Yes, $156k for a Mustang is shocking to most of us, but it might sell for that... who knows...?
Nail meets the hammer!

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,640 Posts
I'm a car guy who has the disposable income, but I will NEVER pay more than MSRP for ANY vehicle. If I wanted one of these, I'd wait for all the idiots to sate profiteering dealers and get one when prices descend from the stratosphere. (That ADM easily funds many other priorities.) Since I have no desire for one of these, I'm awaiting delivery of the new Z06 that I got optioned the way I want (no Golden Ticket required), for thousands under MSRP (no ADM paid), expected within the next week. I don't have a Garage Mahal, but the new toy will fit nicely, tucked-in above/below the Shelby.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm a car guy who has the disposable income, but I will NEVER pay more than MSRP for ANY vehicle. If I wanted one of these, I'd wait for all the idiots to sate profiteering dealers and get one when prices descend from the stratosphere. (That ADM easily funds many other priorities.) Since I have no desire for one of these, I'm awaiting delivery of the new Z06 that I got optioned the way I want (no Golden Ticket required), for thousands under MSRP (no ADM paid), expected within the next week. I don't have a Garage Mahal, but the new toy will fit nicely, tucked-in above/below the Shelby.
Congrats on the ZO6. I’m sure it will be an amazing machine. Post a pic when you get it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,620 Posts
If I were you Tim, I would offer them a sweet deal on yours for ONLY $130k.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Outstanding !!!!

Then my offer of $70,113.42 for mine actually 'might sell'...
I'll even sweeten the deal with a short stack of fresh warm Pancakes w/butter & syrup!
Definetly has to maybe kinda sorta almost lift the value of all our rides??? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
26 Posts
While not a fan of ADMs, I wouldn’t call paying them “stupid.” If there are MSRP deals to be had, then paying an ADM could be seen as stupid, but I haven’t come across an MSRP deal in quite awhile. I see nothing but ADMS that run the gamut of severity. If you want the car and have the means to pay the ransom, by all means, pay it. Otherwise you have to wait and hope Ford keeps making them and the hysteria dies down.
I was able to get mine for $1000 under MSRP. Then again, I’ve bought from this dealer before. I left them my $1000 deposit in December of 2018.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,553 Posts
I don’t think we’re in the same disposable income range Norton. I said fu levels of money.

The range I would need to be in to pay that price are the same ones of guys that have garages full of cars. You may have the money to afford it Norton, but I’ve never seen you post anything that would suggest your income is at a true disposable level, no offense.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was able to get mine for $1000 under MSRP. Then again, I’ve bought from this dealer before. I left them my $1000 deposit in December of 2018.
You got the best deal I’ve seen reading about these cars all over the net. I haven’t heard of anyone else getting a below-MSRP deal. Nice work and congrats!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts