·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Made another thread with his latest video:

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
I just saw this drag vid on FB, and the progression to his 4th and final run made sense. He isn’t a drag racer, but the people there helped him get to that 10.665 time. The car sounded awesome in the video taken from the starting box. Interesting how quiet it sounds inside the car with the windows shut.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wonder if that cover will fit a 2013? 😁
I wonder if that cover will fit a 2013? 😁
I have a 2017 GT S550 cover on my 2011 Mustang.
It is a custom made California car cover deal with the mirror pockets sewn on.
My neighbor gave it to me when he traded his 2017 GT in at the dealership.
I was amazed it fit so well including the mirror pockets

·
Premium Member
6,499 Posts
10.96 @ 129 on a first-ever pass, with a 200+ pound passenger? 10.66 @ 132 with a few more passes under the belt?

That right there is the wickedest Sub-$100K machine ever offered to the public in factory-stock form. Bar none, end of story..

Oh, and BTW Tim, I've been diagnosed with 5 distinct personalities, and I'm sure there's a few more hiding in the corners of my noggin', so that brings your friend count to at least 10, and rising...

I don't own a Subaru, but I've ridden in a few over the years, so I'm going to head over to SubieWorld.com and give 'em hell as to why they don't offer a twin-turbo'd pushrod 7-liter from the factory, and RWD on everything... See, now THAT would sell....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it is amazing that an amateur driver at the drag strip can run 10's with a brand new stock GT500 with a passenger and luggage.
He is living the dream....buy a brand new GT500 and head straight out on a road trip....dirt and possible paint chips be damned.

LOL

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I don't own a Subaru, but I've ridden in a few over the years, so I'm going to head over to SubieWorld.com and give 'em hell as to why they don't offer a twin-turbo'd pushrod 7-liter from the factory, and RWD on everything... See, now THAT would sell....
Too bad Tim's little buddy is on vacation for a month, I'm sure he'd join you. You forgot to mention it should be under $20k.

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
The other aspect that stuck me while watching the video is how the driver had so little to do while driving. If you didn’t know what he was doing, the in car video could be of a guy driving to the grocery store since the computer and DCT take care of so much. I’m sure the 1G launch and speed is intoxicating, but it’s a little weird watching and knowing a GT500 is screaming down the track without an active driver shifting the tranny.

·
Premium Member
6,499 Posts
I've not done any google homework on this, but in order to run a 10.90 with a Demon, didn't that require the no passenger seat, no rear seat, skinnies up front, and... Drag radials to boot??

Has any Demon scooted better than 10.90 in full dress with its street tires on?

We don't need to worry about the ZL1's.. Hell, this new GT500 is in ZR1 territory.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've not done any google homework on this, but in order to run a 10.90 with a Demon, didn't that require the no passenger seat, no rear seat, skinnies up front, and... Drag radials to boot??

Has any Demon scooted better than 10.90 in full dress with its street tires on?

We don't need to worry about the ZL1's.. Hell, this new GT500 is in ZR1 territory.
A Demon without the "crate" parts and 100 octane fuel tune and using all the seats can run 10.90's in good air. I believe a Redeye can do it as well, assuming both types of Challengers have decent hook

41 - 51 of 51 Posts