Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Youtuber from California got his 2020. This is the first time I’m seeing the optional car cover... I like what Ford did with this one:

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is nice.

Is this the same car? I think it is: http://instagr.am/p/B5drwUBl_12/
It’s the same dealer (Lasco)... it must be the same car.

That car cover is awesome! I dig the “SHELBY” windshield banner and the “GT500” plus the big snake on the sides. You would think Ford would have shown this to garner more sales of the cover. This was the first I had seen of it. I ordered a red one for my car, but I was expecting a blank red cover.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,246 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent my sales lady a link to this thread and asked her if she had seen how awesome the car covers are on the 2020...? That’s when she informed me my cover was sitting at her dealership. I told her: “That hurts!” :LOL:

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
I sent my sales lady a link to this thread and asked her if she had seen how awesome the car covers are on the 2020...? That’s when she informed me my cover was sitting at her dealership. I told her: “That hurts!” :LOL:
Now we just have wait and see if your adj strut mounts show up. That's the last box to check off the list.

·
#1 Mike!
8,646 Posts
I've sent her a text message asking her to send it to me since you're busy flying and wanted it ASAP. I was able to give her enough personal info about you to convince her to mail it to me. It should fit quite well on my GT350 and you can just put in a claim to your homeowner's insurance for a new one! Win Win!! :p P.S. She's sending it via FedX!

·
Moderator Dude!
28,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now we just have wait and see if your adj strut mounts show up. That's the last box to check off the list.
I’m thinking the oil separator is included but not the adjustable strut mounts, but just guessing. Who know!

I wonder if that cover will fit a 2013? 😁
I can let you know when in about a month when my 2020 arrives. I’ll try the 2020 cover on my 2011. It’s a damn good looking cover!
I've sent her a text message asking her to send it to me since you're busy flying and wanted it ASAP. I was able to give her enough personal info about you to convince her to mail it to me. It should fit quite well on my GT350 and you can just put in a claim to your homeowner's insurance for a new one! Win Win!! :p P.S. She's sending it via FedX!
Don’t forget I know where you live Mike! 🛩💣

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I can let you know when in about a month when my 2020 arrives. I’ll try the 2020 cover on my 2011. It’s a damn good looking cover!
I really like that cover! I hope it does fit a 2013. My rear spoiler is smaller but the main concern would probably be the side view mirror placement. The cover itself looks really pliable.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice work once again Earl! 🍻

For those that watched the video and were wondering about what the tech was saying when he was talking about emptying the “catch can,” this is not a catch can like what we often install on the S197 GT500. This new design is a separator that doesn’t need emptying. It simply separates the blow by oil and returns it to the engine through the drain tube connected to the passenger cam cover.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts