• Magnetic

• Shadow Black

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spent a day looking at all of the color options offered by Ford on the 2020 GT500, I have come up with my rank order/preference. Color is always subjective. Let’s hear your thoughts on colors and I am making this a poll to vote for your favorite.

When I first laid eyes on all the different color offerings, I was surprised that I actually dug most of them! Some of the colors that I didn’t think I’d care for looked better in person than I thought they would. I had a Rapid Red car on order prior to seeing one in person. This color is still #1 in my list... it just does something to me when the sun hits it! I was happy to hear that it is Jim Owens’ favorite from Ford Performance. Normally black looks good to me on performance cars. It is dead last on my 2020 list simply because black hides all of the sexy lines on the car, namely with the contrasting lines of the front fascia.

Kona would have scored higher with me had I not already had a Kona 2011 in my garage.

Stripes: I am a stripe fan and this car needs stripes in my opinion... especially on the Grabber Lime and Twister Orange cars. I dig both of those colors, but stripes are needed to break up the in-your-face colors.

Ever since Ruby Red came out on the last platform, I have been a fan of deep metallic reds. Rapid Red takes it to another level. Here is my rank order. Some pics are ones I snapped in Vegas last week and some are sourced from the Internet:

1. Rapid Red! This color does amazing things in the sun!

2. Race Red... also a vibrant color in the sun, especially with contrasting stripes.

3. Grabber Lime. This color surprised me... looks great in person, but absolutely needs stripes to break up the big lime blob!

4. Kona Blue... a classic!

5. Ford Performance Blue (disclosure: I find it hard to differentiate between this blue and Velocity Blue in some pics/lighting conditions)

6. Twister Orange... this color needs stripes to break up the big orange blob!

7. Velocity Blue

8. Oxford White

9. Iconic Silver

10. Magnetic

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
11. Shadow Black

Bonus pics:

Slightly old pic before name changed to Rapid Red Metallic.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I think Stan’s car @ILLINOIS SHELBY is simply gorgeous. For this I chose Rapid Red. However, for me, it would have white stripes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Rapid red is incredible. If I ever repaint my car. That would be the color.

Joe

·
Premium Member
863 Posts

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with you Joe. Like I said before, I have liked black on GT500s through the years. 2020 is the first iteration with black as my least favorite. It hides all of the contrasting black accents. I even like white more than black on this car, which is rare for me.

Fun to see everyone’s votes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree with you Joe. Like I said before, I have liked black on GT500s through the years. 2020 is the first iteration with black as my least favorite. It hides all of the contrasting black accents. I even like white more than black on this car, which is rare for me.
I'm the opposite. I might feel different after seeing one in person but I don't like the gloss black bumper and accents at all. I think the darker colors with the gloss black stripes are a must for taking your focus away from it. As much as I really like the lime with white stripes I'd opt for black ones instead. Black, either red, white, silver, Kona, or Performance Blue (assuming it's darker than Velocity) all work.

Edit - I've been looking at '19-20 Camaro's and I see they've gone the same gloss black accent route so guess I need to recalibrate my thoughts on the style.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Now I'm going need therapy after getting a thumbs down. lol

My 2012 was Black... very nice when clean - for the first five minutes and then it needs cleaning again. Was going to mention that I like to blend in with the crowd, but I can't say that at the moment.

I like all the colors and won't have a favorite until the 2021.5 is in my driveway. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,499 Posts
I hate to say it, and go against the grain, but....

I think pretty much all of the 2020 colors are LAME to a certain degree. None of them come close to hitting a bullseye with me. I don't understand, in recent times, why German and Japanese manufacturers can have such gorgeous pallets of colors, and the U.S. makes just seem "cheap" to look at.

I suppose if I was ordering a 2020, I'd be settling for either a Rapid Red or Twister Orange stripe-delete car. I found it surprising that those two colors were #1 and #2.

But I wouldn't be terribly happy..

I wish there was a great "pearl white", like Saleen laid down on the SA30.. I wish there was a super-light metallic blue, something a bit lighter and more pearly than 1967 Brittany Blue, but still communicated that classic heritage. And I'd be open to a red or a dark blue, I just always feel that Ford misses the mark, by adding too much purple or not having enough silvery-sheen to allow the sun to really pop off the body creases.

I'm being picky, but I think the colors are so-so... They could use that same pallet for the Focus fleet..

Oh, and I've really been digging black metallics lately.. A really fine, really shimmery, black metallic would wind my watch (I've gotten a bit bored of straight black, I've owned too many of them I'm afraid LOL)..

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
As much as I love my orange on my car, this is a slightly different shade and in comparison to the Race Red option I have to give Race Red the nod.

·
Moderator Dude!
28,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As much as I love my orange on my car, this is a slightly different shade and in comparison to the Race Red option I have to give Race Red the nod.
I’m not an orange car fan, but I actually thought it looked good with black stripes in person. It doesn’t have the magic that Rapid Red has in the sun though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts