Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I meant to ask you yesterday, when you unbolted those CF wheel/tire assy's and removed them from the studs, where they light?.........in a relative sort of way?

R

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I meant to ask you yesterday, when you unbolted those CF wheel/tire assy's and removed them from the studs, where they light?.........in a relative sort of way?

R
Surprisingly light. Here are weights and measurements:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice video. I have the splitter wickers and the oil separator to install on my base car. This will help greatly. Thanks, Wayne

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice video. I have the splitter wickers and the oil separator to install on my base car. This will help greatly. Thanks, Wayne
Thanks Wayne! Glad to help!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
In this video, I take my 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP out of delivery mode, reset the TPMS warning, inventory the loose items, talk about the adjustable strut top mounts, have a look at the CFTP car cover, talk about the transmission "stay in neutral" mode, remove the CFTP suspension spacers and fix the problem they caused, discover a couple of assembly line surprises, install the carbon fiber wheel locking lug nuts, install the splitter, install the splitter wickers and install the oil separator!

Tim AWESOME! I’m exhausted after watching that and happy my dealer (hopefully) installed everything and most importantly did it correctly. I don’t know why anyone would want a draining type separator but that’s just me. One day I’m going to meet up with you and pay you to review all the crap that is required. If I’m not mistaken a dealer gets less than a couple of hours for PDI. Again, what a fantastic video. FORD why don’t you install the separator? Why don’t you provide AND instal adjustable strut on non CFTP. The most important part of a cake is the icing and when you don’t provide certain parts and force us to not have factory quality installs (and yes splitters included) issues can develop and why not add the icing to this beautiful cake of a car? Tim I wonder if we can get a list of engine builders and match up our cars to these folks. It isn’t secret as they sign them. Thanks again! You should put these videos on a CD and sell them! I don’t know if you drink and I really only drink when visiting Germany and Austria but damn I hope you had a few cold ones after that work. Really truly impressed Tim. A girlfriend years ago was a Technical Writer at Pearl Harbor shipyards and it was her job to write up instructions. She was great. These appear to have been sent to China for technical writing and I just loved the word “nest” referring to I guess the placement of the layers of parts. What the hell! Have a good one and thanks. Only comment I would have is to have a few more still at the end of job completion so we can review hows ours looks. I’m assuming the extra screws etc were left over after everything placed as I noticed not all used or some could have been replaced. I’ve heard I think Stangmode had some unplaced screws or not put in screws in his splitter etc. I asked dealer for “his best man” and I think I was lucky. A good tip. I will be checking for any gaps and everyone should ask for an underneath inspection before leaving dealership. Best,

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Tim AWESOME! I’m exhausted after watching that and happy my dealer (hopefully) installed everything and most importantly did it correctly. I don’t know why anyone would want a draining type separator but that’s just me. One day I’m going to meet up with you and pay you to review all the crap that is required. If I’m not mistaken a dealer gets less than a couple of hours for PDI. Again, what a fantastic video. FORD why don’t you install the separator? Why don’t you provide AND instal adjustable strut on non CFTP. The most important part of a cake is the icing and when you don’t provide certain parts and force us to not have factory quality installs (and yes splitters included) issues can develop and why not add the icing to this beautiful cake of a car? Tim I wonder if we can get a list of engine builders and match up our cars to these folks. It isn’t secret as they sign them. Thanks again! You should put these videos on a CD and sell them! I don’t know if you drink and I really only drink when visiting Germany and Austria but damn I hope you had a few cold ones after that work. Really truly impressed Tim. A girlfriend years ago was a Technical Writer at Pearl Harbor shipyards and it was her job to write up instructions. She was great. These appear to have been sent to China for technical writing and I just loved the word “nest” referring to I guess the placement of the layers of parts. What the hell! Have a good one and thanks. Only comment I would have is to have a few more still at the end of job completion so we can review hows ours looks. I’m assuming the extra screws etc were left over after everything placed as I noticed not all used or some could have been replaced. I’ve heard I think Stangmode had some unplaced screws or not put in screws in his splitter etc. I asked dealer for “his best man” and I think I was lucky. A good tip. I will be checking for any gaps and everyone should ask for an underneath inspection before leaving dealership. Best,
Thanks for the kind words Stephen!

I somewhat enjoyed doing all of this to the car. Yes, the instructions were horrible for many steps... it was like trying to solve a puzzle.

As for the extra hardware... some of it is from removing shorter screws and replacing with longer, supplied stuff and some of it was just extra hardware.

For anyone doing the splitter install solo, I highly recommend removing the belly pan and using painter’s tape to hold it in place until the fasteners are in.

Reactions: Flying Cloud
21 - 27 of 27 Posts