Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this video, I take my 2020 Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack to the track (road course) for the first time. I booked this day awhile back. It turned out to be quite cold that day! I went ahead and did it... figuring what is the WORST that can happen with 760hp on summer track tires on a 35 degree day!?! Watch the slipping and sliding... I had fun driving and making this video... hope you enjoy!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,417 Posts
Great video, Tim. Sure looks like a nice track with different elevations! Cold temps certainly reduced the speed, but when just learning the handling characteristics of your new car, it was a God send! Got a kick out of seeing the GT350 like mine. He was also having traction issues in the twisties! Fun watching! Good job, Mr. Spielberg!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video, Tim. Sure looks like a nice track with different elevations! Cold temps certainly reduced the speed, but when just learning the handling characteristics of your new car, it was a God send! Got a kick out of seeing the GT350 like mine. He was also having traction issues in the twisties! Fun watching! Good job, Mr. Spielberg!
Thanks Mike!

Both the 350 and the M4 in my group of 3 had Pilot Super Sports. I saw a lot of ass slides and heard a lot of tires squealing! The Cup2s did much better in the cold temps than their tires did.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2020 GT500 CFTP
68 Posts
In this video, I take my 2020 Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack to the track (road course) for the first time. I booked this day awhile back. It turned out to be quite cold that day! I went ahead and did it... figuring what is the WORST that can happen with 760hp on summer track tires on a 35 degree day!?! Watch the slipping and sliding... I had fun driving and making this video... hope you enjoy!

Great video Tim. Learned a lot.

·
Registered
'13 GT500 - Red Candy Metallic w/ White Stripes
127 Posts
Ohhhhhhh man. So epic. It kills my soul to know that you were only about 30 mins away from my house. And I was at a princess birthday party... I suck at life.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,708 Posts
Looks like a nice track, are you going back whenever it warms up?

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhhhhhh man. So epic. It kills my soul to know that you were only about 30 mins away from my house. And I was at a princess birthday party... I suck at life.
Looks like a nice track, are you going back whenever it warms up?
Hell yes I’m going back! Hopefully next time princess Jeff gets a day pass. :cool: 😆 😜

·
Registered
2013 GT500 Convertible
48 Posts
Great video. I drove a Huracan at Driveway Austin last month for my first track experience. What a blast. I'm planning on going back in March.

It was fun watching the little FRS/BRZ whip through the corners and then get reeled back in by the Shelby. I really like those little cars. I've been thinking about getting a low cost beater used car for my daily and maybe some track events. That car is high on my list.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
847 Posts
Excellent video. Made me uber jealous in no uncertain terms.

I watched every bit of it and all in all, I can't imagine a day that would be much more fun then that. Thanks for letting us experience some of it with you.

·
Super Moderator
5,013 Posts
Hell to the yes!!! Awesome, Tim! That looked like a fun track.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great video. I drove a Huracan at Driveway Austin last month for my first track experience. What a blast. I'm planning on going back in March.

It was fun watching the little FRS/BRZ whip through the corners and then get reeled back in by the Shelby. I really like those little cars. I've been thinking about getting a low cost beater used car for my daily and maybe some track events. That car is high on my list.
Excellent video. Made me uber jealous in no uncertain terms.

I watched every bit of it and all in all, I can't imagine a day that would be much more fun then that. Thanks for letting us experience some of it with you.
Hell to the yes!!! Awesome, Tim! That looked like a fun track.
Tim, you were having way too much fun!
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. It was a helluva day! I will do it again SOON!

For anyone curious, it was a relatively cheap day of racing... it only cost $250 + fuel. I definitely got my money’s worth!

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
How do you have your camera mounted? The angle is messing with me as we're getting unnecessary A-pillar and it looks like you're missing every left hand apex due to the left front corner of the car not being visible.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you have your camera mounted? The angle is messing with me as we're getting unnecessary A-pillar and it looks like you're missing every left hand apex due to the left front corner of the car not being visible.
I had camera issues. It’s a GoPro 360 Max that I though was recording in 360 mode. I discovered later it was not. Plan B was a mount I made between the seats, I had a nut vibrate loose and lost that mount early in the day.

I am most likely getting a permanently mounted forward and aft mounted dash cam for the car.

Reactions: mavisky

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts