Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSA: unless you just recently got your 2020 off the assembly line, your car is involved in a recall for the brake pedal. Apparently there is a chance the pedal could break under a hard application of the pedal. I know Earl @Snoopy49 has been tracking this for awhile... he brought it to my attention. There has been conflicting info back-and-forth whether the GT500 was included in this recall. The recall states it includes Mustangs with automatic transmissions. When checking the Ford Pass App or VIN checkers for recalls, my car hasn’t been listed... it still is not listed. I haven’t found anyone online that could provide anything official that the GT500s were included. I called my local dealer today and spoke with my service advisor. He confirmed my car is included in the recall and just ordered the part.

The recall:

50DAF409-8AA3-4BFE-97FA-8A72D6F27642.jpeg
134247DA-E1F6-4E05-BA26-C7271262AB40.jpeg
D2737EFC-99CD-4AB1-8B5B-07FB2A030F28.png

A generic sample letter:

66B3499D-6D8E-4A91-A216-2AFA65C8C623.jpeg

One Facebook member got this alert from Carfax:

5BCA241A-CCE1-4ED5-B86D-9048A8E1C389.jpeg

Ford’s official VIN checker for recalls that I just checked:

B182CA60-53BA-420B-B109-09EF453D53BE.jpeg

My service advisor sent this screen shot of my Oasis Report that shows my car is affected:

C54C1FB1-E2F0-40DD-A371-DC433644675C.jpeg

Thoughts: the recall states not to track your car as the pedal could fracture during hard braking. The cars at the Ford Performance Racing School should be affected by this recall as well. These cars get their brakes hammered on again and again! I have stood on those cars brakes many, many times. I have also stood on my brakes quite a few times doing max brake demos. I have the utmost confidence in the 2020 GT500 brakes, but will get the pedal assembly swapped out when it arrives.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,123 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Fun fact, OASIS shows the recall before the Ford Recalls And Field Service Actions website or the Recalls NHTSA website. My car doesn't show up on either website.

My car now shows up on OASIS. The waiting for the part begins.

Make sure you contact the dealer and have them check OASIS for the recall.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
I would call the dealer and see if your car has the recall and if it does, I would take it in and have them run the OASIS report while your car is there. This should allow them to order the parts.

Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
  • Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would call the dealer and see if your car has the recall and if it does, I would take it in and have them run the OASIS report while your car is there. This should allow them to order the parts.

Part orders can be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:
  • Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.
My service advisor just ordered the part without me having to drive in. He had my VIN in his system from when I got the transmission pan replaced.
Mine was in production on 7-23-2020
Your car is unfortunately included in the recall.

Reactions: Snoopy49

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
My service advisor just ordered the part without me having to drive in. He had my VIN in his system from when I got the transmission pan replaced.
I called mine just to find out if it was showing in OASIS and because I was in the shop last week for the rear view camera, he was able to order it without any problems.

Was your car involved with the camera recall?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called mine just to find out if it was showing in OASIS and because I was in the shop last week for the rear view camera, he was able to order it without any problems.

Was your car involved with the camera recall?
Not that I know of Earl. Everything I see shows zero recalls for my car and the service advisor’s screen shot just shows the brake pedal one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the info. I was able to contact my dealer, they checked my VIN and ordered the parts, hopefully they arrive early next week and it goes in before my track day on Black Friday.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the info. I was able to contact my dealer, they checked my VIN and ordered the parts, hopefully they arrive early next week and it goes in before my track day on Black Friday.
I’m not so sure these parts will arrive that quickly. I just ordered a helmet today in hopes to hit a track soon as well.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 delivered 10/15/20, 2015 50th GT Conv.,39 Caddy Cp, 67 Caddy conv, 67 Vette roadster.
174 Posts
I'm on this list - I asked for them to go head and order the parts...
I sure hope they fixed the cars they use for the 'Track Attack' . They really made us use the brakes hard.
Lou

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I sure hope they fixed the cars they use for the 'Track Attack' . They really made us use the brakes hard.
Lou
Not sure if those cars have been fixed yet, but that was my point earlier... those cars get the brakes hammered on time and time again without issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts