Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GT350R sold 2022 Gt500 on order
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Again, thanks for letting me join you guys! I got a 2022 on order and from what I can see the car doesnt really have any blower whine inside the cabin. So I was wondering what you can do to make the 2650 really scream? I think a intake will help alot and from my research the most popular ones seems to be 1320 Junkie, JLT and Kong. I would like to hear from the owners who have installed any of these on their car!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
Hey guys! Again, thanks for letting me join you guys! I got a 2022 on order and from what I can see the car doesnt really have any blower whine inside the cabin. So I was wondering what you can do to make the 2650 really scream? I think a intake will help alot and from my research the most popular ones seems to be 1320 Junkie, JLT and Kong. I would like to hear from the owners who have installed any of these on their car!

Thanks in advance
Intake makes a little difference. I have the JLT. You can hear the blower with the window down better. With them up, sometimes you hear it a little, but the intake isn’t going to blow your mind. There’s something called the Fosters whine mod, but it involves drilling through your firewall and basically installing a hose inside the car. The whine sounds wicked, but you can hear sucking noises at light throttle that would drive me insane, so I haven’t done this mod.

If you want a lot of cool whine, get a whipple or buy a hellcat. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intake makes a little difference. I have the JLT. You can hear the blower with the window down better. With them up, sometimes you hear it a little, but the intake isn’t going to blow your mind. There’s something called the Fosters whine mod, but it involves drilling through your firewall and basically installing a hose inside the car. The whine sounds wicked, but you can hear sucking noises at light throttle that would drive me insane, so I haven’t done this mod.

If you want a lot of cool whine, get a whipple or buy a hellcat. Lol
I know about the foster mod but I felt like it sounded different. I had a ctsv and that car whine like alot even at stock boost level, Also I had a Trackhawk and it whine like crazy but IMO the gt500 just has the better exhaust note compaired to any hellcat platform. Maybe when I got my car I'll try porting the blower and maybe one size down pulley plus a bigger tb and see how that goes, if I have a blower on my car I wanna hear it lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,902 Posts
The Whipple on my 2011 screams like a tornado siren. I don’t hear the blower in my 2020, just the exhaust note… that glorious exhaust note! 🤟

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Whipple on my 2011 screams like a tornado siren. I don’t hear the blower in my 2020, just the exhaust note… that glorious exhaust note! 🤟
From what I heard from my friends who did newer whipples apprently you cant hear any blower whine from them anymore. And yes I agree the 2020+ definately has one of the best v8 exhaust note👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLT, 2.75" pulley and a 105mm TB here - it's definitely audible but nothing like the siren wail of older generation blower designs.
Hmmmm, I know its definately nowhere near how loud the older designs are but if I can hear it thats a win for me! I'm gonna try a similar combo as yours plus porting it.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
795 Posts
Hmmmm, I know its definately nowhere near how loud the older designs are but if I can hear it thats a win for me! I'm gonna try a similar combo as yours plus porting it.
It still sounds delicious, just different from my old Terminator that you could hear screaming 5 miles away, lol.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Handling Pkg /Tech / Recaros /
228 Posts
I do wish the 2020 had whine, my Z06 was the same, no whine. However, the exhaust more than makes up for it from a sound standpoint.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do wish the 2020 had whine, my Z06 was the same, no whine. However, the exhaust more than makes up for it from a sound standpoint.
The c7z I had was the same, I even went as far as removing the sound blocking plate and the heat shield under the hood, the car also had a 2.3 upper pulley and I still barely and I mean I have to try very hard to listen the whine. Part of the reason could be I have a cam and full catless exhaust on it also lol.

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue GT500
219 Posts

Thanks in advance
Don’t forget about the SPE intake too. It’s a nice piece.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Oxford White / Handling Pkg /Tech / Recaros /
228 Posts
The c7z I had was the same, I even went as far as removing the sound blocking plate and the heat shield under the hood, the car also had a 2.3 upper pulley and I still barely and I mean I have to try very hard to listen the whine. Part of the reason could be I have a cam and full catless exhaust on it also lol.
I will give the +1 to my 2010 since it had a good exhaust note but also added the supercharger whine. However, the 2020+ drive so well, that I can live with it and it was the same with my Z06, the performance made up for it.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, and other cool stuff
10 Posts
Whining is only for Hellcats in second place. :devilish:

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,446 Posts
JLT here and I can hear the whine even under part throttle with exhaust in track mode. I can really hear it under 3/4 to full throttle. It’s nowhere near the KB whine but it’s nice 😁

Reactions: Russell

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
JLT here and I can hear the whine even under part throttle with exhaust in track mode. I can really hear it under 3/4 to full throttle. It’s nowhere near the KB whine but it’s nice 😁
Yeah, I guess the JLT makes more difference than I thought. If you really listen for it, you can hear the whine. It’s just not dominating like a hellcat. Here’s a quick pull while in Mexico yesterday. ;) You can definitely hear the blower in a video—especially if you’re not in track mode exhaust. Before somebody freaks out, there are no driveways in this particular little section of Mexico or houses close to the road. I always slow way down before I approach inhabited areas.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
588 Posts
Cool! I totally heard it in your video.
It’s not as loud as it seems in the video. I wish it was, but you can definitely hear it with the window open under heavy throttle. You can hear it with window closed and at light throttle, but it’s much more subtle. I’ve heard that the ported blowers whine more. Hoping that’s true since I plan on doing that later.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts