443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES anyone know of a dealer that will sell a gt500 at sticker or close. 428cj

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,267 Posts
DOES anyone know of a dealer that will sell a gt500 at sticker or close. 428cj
Do you want a base model or a CFTP? Base models could be found at MSRP last July. Most dealers were charging markups, but a few here and there were available at MSRP. I haven’t seen an MSRP deal in months. The word is out and dealers know people will pay more. For base cars, I typically see $5k min and more often see $10k to $20k over. Your best bet is to call every dealer within a day’s drive to try and find one. You can skip all of the dealers in bigger cities. Every last one of them will have a healthy markup.

If you are searching for a CFTP car, you simply won’t get one at MSRP. Those cars are held hostage by higher-volume dealers that won’t let them go without a stout ADM. The markup I typically see is $20k to $30k with quite a few at $50k over and I’ve also seen $100k over.

Other than calling around, I recommend making posts on all of the GT500 forums as well as the few 2020 GT500 Facebook groups. You might have to deal with some hecklers, but there are oftentimes private messages behind the scenes with allocations or leads.

Good luck and happy hunting! The car absolutely ROCKS! ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts