Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base Shadow Black pending delivery
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been searching the web for some 2020 GT500 aftermarket cobra floor mats. Essentially came up with nothing. I do find it kinda odd, that no one has made anything yet?

Anybody seen some online that will fit a 2020?

Reactions: GT5HNDO

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,181 Posts
I’ve been searching the web for some 2020 GT500 aftermarket cobra floor mats. Essentially came up with nothing. I do find it kinda odd, that no one has made anything yet?

I’ve seen a couple of owners on FB that posted pics of their aftermarket mats, but the problem is the snake is the old curvy snake that ended in 2014. I haven’t seen any yet that have the 2015+ “edgy snake.”

·
Registered
2019 GT350
598 Posts

Lloyd's doesn't have the edgy snake for the GT500, but it does have the "GT500" logo, Shelby name, or Carol Shelby signature.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Haven’t seen anything that does a better job than Weathertech or Ford’s own floor pan liners, but they just aren’t carpeted.

Apparently the market never was large enough to justify licensing the logo or font to make a proper nest, leaving a handful of homespun options which, as Goose noted, use a prior iteration of the font and/or logo.

Even if they only included the Ford Performance logo and current Mustang Cobra emblem, it would seem to be an ideal addition to Ford Performance Parts’ appearance products.

Or, for an 80-100K sports car, they could just include the bastards - or at least make a set an orderable option like the car cover.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Base Shadow Black pending delivery
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven’t seen anything that does a better job than Weathertech or Ford’s own floor pan liners, but they just aren’t carpeted.

Apparently the market never was large enough to justify licensing the logo or font to make a proper nest, leaving a handful of homespun options which, as Goose noted, use a prior iteration of the font and/or logo.

Even if they only included the Ford Performance logo and current Mustang Cobra emblem, it would seem to be an ideal addition to Ford Performance Parts’ appearance products.

Or, for an 80-100K sports car, they could just include the bastards - or at least make a set an orderable option like the car cover.
Agreed! I find it odd that none have been made. The GT350 has plenty of interior dress up options.

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 , black, no stripes, tech package carbon fiber, JLT cai catch can, 2.85 pulley VMP tune
29 Posts
Just received my Lloyds mats in black with the Shelby name. Fit perfectly and my wife likes the much nicer carpet. Also got the trunk liner in gray, which I should have ordered in dark gray which would have matched the trunk better, but the fit was great and they do feel better.
Dick

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,181 Posts
Just received my Lloyds mats in black with the Shelby name. Fit perfectly and my wife likes the much nicer carpet. Also got the trunk liner in gray, which I should have ordered in dark gray which would have matched the trunk better, but the fit was great and they do feel better.
Dick
Please use either picture upload icon circled below to upload some pics. We’d love to see them!

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 , black, no stripes, tech package carbon fiber, JLT cai catch can, 2.85 pulley VMP tune
29 Posts
Dick

Obviously the trunk. should have picked a darker color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts