1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
I saw some videos from a company that twin turbo these cars and they alluded that a lot of the engine internals were used to beef the motor up.

Company is called Fathouse

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
There have been a number of progressive changes over the year. Along with the new wing for 2019, they also got the smaller radiator opening from the GT350R to balance the aero. Upgraded spring rates to accomodate for the aero changes, and different programming for the magneride dampers.

The long block, timing components, and more were also updated in 2019.

This if the first I'm hearing that the 2020 will receive even further updates beyond what just the 2019 received already. As always seems to be the case, the best year to buy a car is the last year they make. Of course it's usually also the worst year because the next year's car will be better still somehow. Such is the path of progress.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,732 Posts
It sounds like the GT500 upgraded parts on the 350 will be for the R model only:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I would be surprised if updates like the steering knuckle were only applied to the GT350R and not universally applied across all GT350 and GT500 models much in the same way that the 2019 GT350's are already being delivered with a frontal support bar with the pockets for the GT500's hood pins even though they don't have them. Just easier to produce one single line item for that unit and I'm guessing it would be similar for all of the "wide front track" models.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,732 Posts
I would be surprised if updates like the steering knuckle were only applied to the GT350R and not universally applied across all GT350 and GT500 models much in the same way that the 2019 GT350's are already being delivered with a frontal support bar with the pockets for the GT500's hood pins even though they don't have them. Just easier to produce one single line item for that unit and I'm guessing it would be similar for all of the "wide front track" models.
I agree... much better economies of scale for all 350s to have those upgrades. The article mentioned the R model though... we shall see.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I'm assuming that's because 99% of articles only ever talk about the R and rarely if ever focus on the base GT350.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts