Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,388 Posts
My first thought was that I would go with the GT. I know going in that it would NEVER have the panache that my Shelby has. No GT ever will.

With that being said, if the 2020 GT has the digital dash AND has approximately the same RWHP, it would be a very very hard choice. The same RWHP with a warranty, that would be an easy choice.

I’d love to have that tech in my car. And I’m not going to pay the ADM premium on a new 2020 GT500...
The digital dash is frigg’n awesome!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
If it
What would your choice be between owning one of the following:

1. A new 2020 GT mustang (V8) - with aftermarket performance mods of approx 10k (plus or minus)

2. A stock preowned 2010-2014 GT500?

I'm curious to see everyone's opinion on this subject.
Including the 2013-14 GT500 makes this an easy decision.

I'd take the SHELBY as the 13-14 Snake it really the Ultimate S197 with big power, some Track Apps and as refined as the S197 got, has a very rare UNICORN Engine and the exclusivity of SHELBY.

2020 S550s are very, very, nice, capable cars, especially the PP2 Cars, but they are EVERYWHERE, tough to stand out with one.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
275 Posts
@Cobra4me and @Rjstevens

Hey guys,
Cobra4me said "So he asks when are going to bring in your Shelby so we can see it"? This is what I was referring to. It was a like "well what did you say"? question that didn't get answered. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
I think the guys have covered it pretty well here. My mind goes to is a daily driver or a weekend toy, preference for auto vs. rowing the gears, IRS vs. SRA, and one of a million vs. one of a few. Let us know where you land on your decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
2010 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue with Silver Stripes. Gen3 VMP blower, 2.8” pulley, 677WHP/651TQ
159 Posts
I was thinking about trading my 2012 GT500 on a new 2020 GT but at this time I think I’ll hang onto my current vehicle, which is mostly stock and do some performance modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depending on how stock it is, your car will turn into a completely different animal. If you want an absolute beast, do a blower swap. Expensive but what a difference!!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,075 Posts
I was thinking about trading my 2012 GT500 on a new 2020 GT but at this time I think I’ll hang onto my current vehicle, which is mostly stock and do some performance modifications.

Now you're talking!! We love to spend other peoples modification money on this forum!

·
Registered
2010 GT500, Kona Blue/White Stripes
264 Posts

Wise decision. A Grabber Blue 2012 GT500 that has never been (or only lightly) modified and I'll assume is in great condition with below average miles is a highly desireable combination. I would not trade that car in at the dealership as you'd have no problem selling it at or above market value assuming the vehicle's history is clean.
You'll almost always be able to find a GT in what ever combination you're looking for, but someone would have (and do) to wait quite awhile to find the exact combination GT500 you already own.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Wise decision. A Grabber Blue 2012 GT500 that has never been (or only lightly) modified and I'll assume is in great condition with below average miles is a highly desireable combination. I would not trade that car in at the dealership as you'd have no problem selling it at or above market value assuming the vehicle's history is clean.
You'll almost always be able to find a GT in what ever combination you're looking for, but someone would have (and do) to wait quite awhile to find the exact combination GT500 you already own.
It is a very clean Gt500 with just 10,000 miles. The cosmetic mods at this point are window louvers, side scoops, and a clear bra. The engine is 100% stock. I just did an MGW ll install a few weeks ago along with larger brake rotors (rear). My wishlist going forward:
  • A complete overhaul of the head unit/speakers. The car has the factory shaker 1000 audio system.
  • Install a back-up camera
  • Pulley/intake swap and tune
  • Custom wheel package (but I do like the factory wheels, which are the non-PP style, 19x9.5 all around)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What would your choice be between owning one of the following:

1. A new 2020 GT mustang (V8) - with aftermarket performance mods of approx 10k (plus or minus)

2. A stock preowned 2010-2014 GT500?

I'm curious to see everyone's opinion on this subject.
I own a 2012 GT500 I recently purchased from the original owner who needed a hip replacement. I would have gone for the 2020 GT ! After driving a Shelby GT350 and a GT both felt under powered ! I’m completely happy with the purchase I made. Give the 2011-14 GT500 a test drive before spending all that money $$$$.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,388 Posts
I own a 2012 GT500 I recently purchased from the original owner who needed a hip replacement. I would have gone for the 2020 GT ! After driving a Shelby GT350 and a GT both felt under powered ! I’m completely happy with the purchase I made. Give the 2011-14 GT500 a test drive before spending all that money $$$$.
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
64 Posts
We really contemplated the 2020 viruses our 2013 before adding the accessories that required major alterations to the car, ie: 6 pt. roll bar, etc.
The fact that the new GT500 isn't available in a convertible tipped the scales for us.
Started drilling holes in the body of the 2013.
:)

·
Premium Member
6,573 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,573 Posts
Damn Spell check!
The voice-to-text on my new Galaxy S10+ is a million steps backward.. Still fiddling with trying to tune it in to my speed/pitch. But it puts down the damnedest/craziest words.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts