Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new but old to other Mustang forums. I have a 2019 Bullitt and took delivery of my Kona Blue GT 500 on June 17! Mr. Goose Man has previously helped me with a few questions and I’m still working on all the great features. (Now how do I activate HUD again ha!).
I can’t live without a spare as I have a second home in Colorado and intend on rockin the Rockies with my new machine. Have a spare for Bullitt but yes I read info here but maybe we can convince a retailer to stock them? Any news on the spare tire issue.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
I’m new but old to other Mustang forums. I have a 2019 Bullitt and took delivery of my Kona Blue GT 500 on June 17! Mr. Goose Man has previously helped me with a few questions and I’m still working on all the great features. (Now how do I activate HUD again ha!).
I can’t live without a spare as I have a second home in Colorado and intend on rockin the Rockies with my new machine. Have a spare for Bullitt but yes I read info here but maybe we can convince a retailer to stock them? Any news on the spare tire issue.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2020! 🤟

Glad I have been able to help.

As for a spare tire add on... this has been a good topic of discussion for the 07-14 GT500s that didn’t come with one either. I never did add one in my 2011. For the 2020, you are obviously dealing with some tight tolerances! You could get an OEM base wheel, but they are different front vs. back. It’s possible a front wheel would work on the back in a pinch, but I don’t have a definitive answer for you there. You’ll need a 20” wheel with all the correct measurements to clear the massive front Brembo brakes. One option might be to holler at Terrance from Signature Wheels. He has a 2020 GT500 that he has used to come up with different designs that work on the car. He might be able to make 1 spare wheel.
Paging @50 Deep

In the meantime, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your 2020, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to Mr. Goose, I have been in touch with Signature Wheels. Anyone interested might speak up now so maybe if a number of us order we can get price reduced!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Thanks to Mr. Goose, I have been in touch with Signature Wheels. Anyone interested might speak up now so maybe if a number of us order we can get price reduced!
Glad Terrance hooked you up!

I don’t need a spare... I just bought 4 spares. 😬🤑

1 - 5 of 5 Posts